• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Duke Nukem Forever gameplay and animations shown.

Kyle lol you NEED to play old duke with the high res pack! Missed out on gaming history there.

Never checked out that high res pack. Screen shots don't look all that bad. I used to love the build engine, the edit is so easy to learn and use. It did piss me off when Shadow warrior was slightly different and all the tags were different.

Last edited by a moderator:
the high res pack makes it look good http://hrp.duke4.net/

im not advertising its just something i came across and i think it will make a few go back and try duke again, been out for a while i think?

its like when you remember games and you go back and play them and they dont seem to look as good as they where at the time

now the high res pack makes duke look fresh and decent enuf to have a play through again

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I'm not too fussed about the visuals, it could look like the original build engine, but what it really needed was a physics update.

Duke 3d as a game was fairly interactive for it's time, and with what they have to offer today, there's lots that could be done to take the epic legend, and make it an epic reality.

However visually speaking I am concerned that A) Textures are going to be similar to those seen in Unreal engine games. For whatever reason they are very plastic looking, and have terrible resolution at any close range/proximity. B) The shadows seem very last generation, with all of the mesh and ripping symptoms. This is probably partially a fault of GPU architecture as well. C) The other parts of it feel like something from the HL engine, which isn't inherently bad, but doesn't mix well with Unreal type engines.

I am still awaiting the day it's released, but given how long it's been, I do think 3D realms used it as a PR stunt. If they really wanted to see it released, they could have gone into partnership with someone else to help develop and publish the game, but they didn't, they just sat on the rights to the name.

Hell even Axl Rose finally released an album.