• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Google+ Update Brings Circle, Pages, Photos and Notification Improvements

Google has kicked off this week by initiating the roll-out of a new update for Google+, one that brings some highly-desired features while also improving those already available. First up, Google is adding a slider to every Circle so people can choose how much information from that Circle reaches their main stream. This basically allows users to limit the updates going to the stream, making it more focused on things of greater importance (less spam for everyone).

Notifications are also getting a boost thanks to the arrival of 'sneak previews' and the ability to see the +1's and shares received by posts. As for Photos, they can take advantage of a redesigned Lightbox which allows for 'improved navigation, enhanced comment legibility and better overall utility'. Photo tagging has also been improved and is now faster and easier.

Last but certainly not least, the brand Pages have been tweaked so they can have up to 50 administrators, all of them updated constantly through the new notification flow. Moreover, Google+ will provide an aggregated count of users that have been +1-ing or adding a brand page o their Circles.

All of these goodies are already en route and should be available globally in a matter of days.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
I wish Google would stop adding me to circles when I don't even have Google+

Processor Intel i5 12600KF
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4, Socket 1700
Cooling MSI Ventus AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI VentusRTX 3060 12Gb
Storage XPS 1TB | 2x Kingston 2TB Sata | Sinology 4TB (Raid1) |
Display(s) 24" Dell U2417H
Case Msi Mpg Odin
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 + Microlab Solo 6C
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TX-750, 80
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Razer
Software Windows 10 x64
I wish Google would stop adding me to circles when I don't even have Google+

Tell that to the friends that keep adding you there:laugh:
I do the same thing, place friend's gmail addresses as placeholders even if they don't have accounts yet. When one posts something they can check the "Send notifier to friends that dont yet have g+ blah blah" that's what really annoys you i presume :)