• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

new hardware arrived today :)

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
well today in the post i got a nice surprise, well kind of i knew they were coming, but my E7200, P5Q Pro and Xilence fans turned up (still waiting on 2nd HD 4850 :banghead:)

ok installation went superb, swapping the mobo was easy as pie, infact the hardest part was taking the backplate off from my Silent Knight Cooler and installing it to the P5Q Pro

took me maybe an hour tops to swap them out and get it turned on, result :cool:

Anyway started her up and she posted first time :toast:, also a result lol, dont know how many times ive pushed that power button on a new build and got nothing haha

went into the bios, and one of the first things i checked on was my temps (using Asus Silent Knight pure al and arctic silver 5) and my cpu was running at 94c :eek: holy shit, restart and double check ................. 94c still omfg, i quickly turned her off and even tho i was dying just to get windows installed, i took the hsf off and low and behold the hes wasnt even touching the cpu, it was free from tim :shadedshu now ive never had this happen before and put it down to the silent knight, as good a cooler as it is, it can be a tad fiddly to install, its huge, so i reseated it, and crossed fingers and turned her back on, this time it was 29c :eek: omfg good job it was only for a minute otherwise my shiny new E7200 would have been toast :cry:

got windows installed in a breeze, and am now glad im back on the Darkside muahahahaha.

overclocking yet to be done, but im thinking 3.6ghz 24/7 is a walk in the park and plenty enough juice for me :D

now just to wait for my 2nd HD 4850 :nutkick:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
omfg 94ºC i almost had a stroke for you glad you got it settled though and crats on the new rig.

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
omfg 94ºC i almost had a stroke for you glad you got it settled though and crats on the new rig.

ive had some crazy temp readings before in bios which are incorrect and nearly mistook this for the same as it was so insanely high, where a bios update would fix it, but my mobo temp was like 30c lol, and i thought, actually before i install windows, im just going to check to make sure :eek: possibly a good job, had i kept it running long enough to actually install windows, i reckon it would have fried, amazing when you think about the difference a hsf makes, from 94c :twitch: to 29c idle