1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AppleB, Sep 24, 2011.

1. AppleB New Member

Thanks Received:
    My headset broke and im looking for a good headset to use while playing Cod4. any suggestions? I kinda fell in love with the steelseries sibv2 but whats your opinions?

2. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    What is your price range?

Also, a lot of people would probably recommend getting a decent pair of headphones and then a desktop mic or a clip-on mic as the sound quality offered by a decent pair of headphones tends to be much greater than a headset.

3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Steelseries Siberia V2 if you cannot stand clip on. Otherwise Zalman clip on + AD700

4. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    +1 for Siberia V2's. I had a pair that lasted me over a year and a half, and just replaced them with another pair. The most comfortable headset there is, and the mic is excellent.

5. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    What have you been doing to them? Even my PoS Creatives have lasted longer than that

6. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Corsair HS1A is a great analog set for gaming. Not so great for movies/music but excellent for gaming. I loved my creative fatal1ty MK II headset until one of the headphones snapped off of it. I can't recommend it for that reason. The construction is delicate, but the sound quality is awesome. MIC is really high quality too.

7. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    If they fit your budget Tritton AX 720's are great if you have a ps3/360 you would like to use them with as well, the mic quality is superb as is the surround sound, if your motherboard has an optical port then you can't go wrong with them :)

8. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I have replaced a lot of headsets historically because other people break them, or I step on them, or the cord gets caught in the wheel of my chair and fucks it up. My Siberias that I recently broke were because my little sister yanked the earphones outward in opposing directions while they were on my head. Not pleased.

9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    LOL! Yeah. Instead of 'military grade' motherboards, they should start making headsets of 'military grade' materials and with a self-firing defense turret on top, to keep away the sisters and friends, and pets :)

Lesson 1: use gddamm metal not plastic

10. Iartchaos4death

Iartchaos4death New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use the audio technica 700 and zalman clip on mic and all i can say is.... Mate get it.

11. hhumas

Thanks Received:
    open razor website and select any one .. they are best for gaming

12. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't really agree with razer headsets being the "best" for gaming, but some of them are very nice for the money.

My wife actually bought me the razer starcraft headset a while back just because she thought it looked cool. I never use them as they're huge, and usb, but they do look cool :-O

13. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Razer headphones are not so good in terms of build quality, my friends have a few of theirs fail even with slightest abuse, and for the price you can find better products.