• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New mouse needed

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
The cable of a $10 mouse would have worked for that as well. For those in the EU, I have Logitech standard mouse cables in my FS thread.

News to me.
I thought the mouse would require something a bit different since it has dpi switch and some other pointless button which I do not use which seem a bit over standard cheapo mouse.

Either way i was hoping the new version would be better than my old MX518 but despite the higher dpi and basically being better the sensor was not as good.

System Name No name / Purple Haze
Processor Phenom II 1100T @ 3.8Ghz / Pentium 4 3.4 EE Gallatin @ 3.825Ghz
Motherboard MSI 970 Gaming/ Abit IC7-MAX3
Cooling CM Hyper 212X / Scythe Andy Samurai Master (CPU) - Modded Ati Silencer 5 rev. 2 (GPU)
Memory 8GB GEIL GB38GB2133C10ADC + 8GB G.Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBXL / 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000
Video Card(s) Asus R9 Fury X Strix (4096 SP's/1050 Mhz)/ PowerColor X850XT PE @ (600/1230) AGP + (HD3850 AGP)
Storage Samsung 250 GB / WD Caviar 160GB
Display(s) Benq XL2411T
Audio Device(s) motherboard / Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro + Front panel
Power Supply Tagan BZ 900W / Corsair HX620w
Mouse Zowie AM
Keyboard Qpad MK-50
Software Windows 7 Pro 64Bit / Windows XP
Benchmark Scores 64CU Fury: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11269229 / X850XT PE http://www.3dmark.com/3dm05/5532432
zowie makes really solid products, check them out.

System Name The not quite amazing rig
Processor AMD FX-6300@stock
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 plus
Cooling stock
Memory 8GB PNY DDR3 @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr HD 7850@stock
Storage Samsung Spinpoint 1TB@7200RPM
Display(s) iiyama Prolite E2208HDD
Case Shitty gigabyte case
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Zalman 80+ 600W PSU
Software Windows 7, Crunchbang.
CM storm sentinel

Try the sentinel advance 2. I love it, good sensor, nice lighting and tiny useful display. 4 extra buttons(+1 more for profile switching but that isn't programmable). Customizable weights, nice and big. Thumb rest and space to rest your pinky. The paint on it is great too, no staining and still going strong after 2 months.

Any time I use a generic mouse I just feel sooooo uncomfortable.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Mionix Naos 5000
or
Func MS-3

both are wide mice that have pinky and ring finger rests with a damn good sensor. I am actually hoping to pick up one or the other at some point.

Last edited:
I have a RAT 7 and do not find it very comfortable. My old Gigabyte M6800 was much better for comfort. Also the laser is very picky, it wont track on "virtually everything" like is expected with a laser mouse. When it does track though it is very nice and silky. I expected more out of the RAT 7. Maybe my hand fits better with the ergonomic shape of the M6800 but idk. Just one mans experience.:toast:

System Name Naraku
Processor Intel i7 2600k stock
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 240gb Kingston HyperX/1TB Hitachi Deskstar
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll
Case Azza Hurrican 2000
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 850w
Software Windows 7 Pro
I was just talking on here about mice the other day, so strange.
I said basically I love my old Logitech G5 and still use it on one of my gaming machines.
I also use a Logitech MX518 on another machine that is pretty good and I like it, a lot.
Well... I was farting around yesterday, moving some equipment, and I have (2) 13" CRT monitors on a shelf above my desk.
I wound up pulling on a tangled cord and one monitor fell off the shelf about 24" down and hit my MX518 and I didn't realize it for a few minutes until I got the CRT back up on the shelf and SECURED properly this time.
Turned on the pc and noticed the MX518 wasn't working. AW SHIT!!!!!!!!!
The left side top index finger button was jammed. It wouldn't press up or down.
Just stuck.
So I took it apart to fix it. I pulled off the teflon pads, unscrewed the housing and gently pried her apart.
After studying her for a minute or two I decided there were more screws involved inside, second layer had to come apart. Ok, keep moviing, before you know it it was field stripped down to nothing. Looked good inside, the microswitches all clicked when pressed, I saw no broken wiring, pretty clean inside, no broken plastic pieces, etc.
However, I did find a small steel pin on my desk which had sheered and broke. For the life of me I couldn't find where it went inside the mouse.
I studied this thing for 15 minutes, no good, it doesn't seem to have a place to go.
And inside the mouse wheel plastic axle housing deep in a bore, it looked like there might be the other piece of broken steel pin but I wasn't positive. But after studying it closely it made no sense.
So I put it all back together after getting the left side top index finger button moving again.
Lo and behold, it works. It's not even dented or anything.
You would never know it was smashed.
HELL of a mouse in my book.
I am so glad right now. Hey, these older mice cost a bit of coin now on Amazon.
I think they want $140.00 US for the MX518. The G5 is even more, like $185.00 US.
That's crazy pricing.
Glad I took some time out to fix it instead of my usual "toss it and buy something new" thinking.
After reading a few things on TPU I decided there isn't much out there that would suit me anyways.

Oh, the steel pin I found was from a BNC connector that plugged into the CRT video port on the front of the tv, all fixed now.
That's some hardcore testimonial right there! :rockout:

@topic I'm surprised nobody suggested steelseries sensei yet. I have fairly large hands and still the sensei feels great for me. But if you're really looking for a large mouse then i suggest cm storm sentinel advance 2 or the FUNC MS-3.

Raw

System Name it's a computer
Processor INTEL i5-2500K OC'ed @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z68-V DELUXE Gen3
Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB
Storage Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series SSDSC2BP240G4R5 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24HD Model # 2494 Sync Master
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Gold AX850 Full Modular
Software Windows 10
It's only a frigging mouse fer chris sakes

That's some hardcore testimonial right there! :rockout:

Yea, I guess I went overboard there, eh!
It's only a frigging mouse fer chris sakes.

Thing was, I was so pumped up at the time I had to release.
The pump thing came from me losing a small spring on the floor while disassembling it.
Not the "hold up wheel spring" for the wheel but the "clicker" spring. I didn't know I lost it at that time.
And these eyes of mine aren't what they used to be.
I didn't even know what I was looking for, I just knew I didn't have the click anymore.
So I googled for a diagram and found the spring I needed online. Once I knew what I was looking for I went hunting with a magnet and maglight, lo and behold plus luck O' the Irish, I found it.
The pic below shows the "clicker spring", the other "hold up" spring is on the opposite side of the wheel.

Here is a pic of the other spring...

Damn it, here I am again, rambling.
Ok, enough.
:toast:

Last edited:
System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
News to me.
I thought the mouse would require something a bit different since it has dpi switch and some other pointless button which I do not use which seem a bit over standard cheapo mouse.

Either way i was hoping the new version would be better than my old MX518 but despite the higher dpi and basically being better the sensor was not as good.

You meant the USB cable, right? Those generally use the same damn plug to connect it to the PCB inside the mouse.

D

Deleted member 67555

found something

I was over a friends house and he had this nice looking large mouse....while using his PC I really liked how big it was so I decided to buy one...

It got here today and I really like it...
It's basically a no-name but it is quality made none the less...
Its definitely a Chinese brand as all the writing on the box is in Chinese except the name...and it is a nice box too...lol

Anyways its a E-3lue Mazer Type R and its only $20 shipped...It has 4 DPI settings and 2 polling settings 1 @250hz and the other @500hz which is where I'm gonna keep it...I don't see the point of putting it at 250hz..

Oh and did I mention its BIG it matches the size of my beloved OCZ Behemoth but it doesn't have a pinky rest....which is ok since I can't find any other mice anywhere with a pinky rest like the Behemoth had...

dimensions 125x85x39mm
DPI 500/1250/1750/2500

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
You meant the USB cable, right? Those generally use the same damn plug to connect it to the PCB inside the mouse.

Yeah didn't know the plug was generic.
Oh well still have my old MX518 up and running so it's all good.