• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New server mods found for Bad Company 2!

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
that's because it takes twice as much game time in BF3 to have half the fun of BC2. :nutkick:

I don't think I can invest that kind of time. BC2 was out about a year and a half before BF3 landed. And BF3 has almost been out a year and a half with a ton of DLC. And yet I think I had 650 or so hours into BC2 when BF3 came out, I think I have 330 or so into BF3 right now. There's a few things I find better about BF3, but a lot more I find better about BC2. I enjoyed the classes and their unique gadgets, the destruction, and the map layouts much more in BC2.

LMGs blow in BF3 because Assault doesn't have a noobtube to balance them (at least not a spamable one, and I'd rather run the medbox anyways with that class). And even if they had the tube, so little destruction, still wouldn't matter much. I felt Recon was much more entertaining with spot balls, rather than Tugs and crap. Engineer hasn't changed much, but map design just isn't as great, I loved the shit out of BC2 landmines, and I actually liked having a tracer.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I don't think I can invest that kind of time. BC2 was out about a year and a half before BF3 landed. And BF3 has almost been out a year and a half with a ton of DLC. And yet I think I had 650 or so hours into BC2 when BF3 came out, I think I have 330 or so into BF3 right now. There's a few things I find better about BF3, but a lot more I find better about BC2. I enjoyed the classes and their unique gadgets, the destruction, and the map layouts much more in BC2.

LMGs blow in BF3 because Assault doesn't have a noobtube to balance them (at least not a spamable one, and I'd rather run the medbox anyways with that class). And even if they had the tube, so little destruction, still wouldn't matter much. I felt Recon was much more entertaining with spot balls, rather than Tugs and crap. Engineer hasn't changed much, but map design just isn't as great, I loved the shit out of BC2 landmines, and I actually liked having a tracer.

Tracer! Yea I miss it too :(

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Tracer! Yea I miss it too :(

Yeah I had good fun with it, and tracing a great chopper pilot was very satisfying. It's gone probably because trying to trace jets, but seriously, who the hell on ground shoots down half decent jet pilots anyways? Seen a video of a guy the other day go I think 215 - 0 in a single round with a jet, pretty sweet... :rolleyes:

Also the cinematic bullshit can suck it. Cinematic jump a wall, fail, cinematic jump same wall, fail, cinema... shot dead. Cinematic knife a guy, turn him around knife into his skull, shot dead off him and he lives. I don't need this cinematic shit.

Another thing I notice, and I can't explain, is in BC2, seemed I was one of the only people who loved Iron Sights. I remember Ufgy standing behind me with a Sniper Rifle lining up a guy, then I would just peg this guy a few hundred meters out with Iron Sight right in the skull and he would just be amazed. But I can't manage to use them for shit in BF3. I mean I'm not bad with them, but they felt so comfortable in BC2. BF3 they just don't feel the same.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
well we can only hope for BC3 before BF4 but better not mention that in the BF4 clubhouse or get an infraction. because the OP of that clubhouse has never ever trolled anyone else before.

System Name m4gicr1g
Processor 940 Deneb stock
Motherboard lava
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212
Memory 6gb DDR2 800 Corsair
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 285 Space Heater
Display(s) ASUS VS229H-P
Case none
Power Supply Corsair CX430
Start a TPU BC2 server anyone?

I've gotten so much enjoyment out of that game. The only other game I've had this much fun with was COD2 multiplayer.

I mistakingly bought cawabaddlefeeld 3 thinking it would be similar but it's just not the same :cry:
I forgot how plain the graphics were. Sorry but Ill stick with BF3.
LOL.
ill take bc2 over bf3 any day. i cant spend all day running around some giant virtual world just to get shot by 15 year old hackers.
and if it's not that retardation it's this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I'd consider starting up again if there are any non-24/7 noob map CQ servers. I didn't like BF3 at all, and everything else FPS wise has been tragically meh the past few years. BC2 had its flaws, but the good CQ maps like Oasis never got old. Hard fought matches on Oasis may have actually been the most fun I've ever had in a 32 player server for any game. Laughing like a little girl mining the light vehicles, wookie madness with a VSS, drilling the teeth out of rooftop wookies....good times. Of the big limitations of BC2 was not being able lock out retard friendly kits like the double upgrade CG and 10x sniper scope.

Last edited:
System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
I miss the Karl Gustav. Definitely my favorite weapon :D

System Name m4gicr1g
Processor 940 Deneb stock
Motherboard lava
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212
Memory 6gb DDR2 800 Corsair
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 285 Space Heater
Display(s) ASUS VS229H-P
Case none
Power Supply Corsair CX430
Interesting, I'd consider starting up again if there are any non-24/7 noob map CQ servers. I didn't like BF3 at all, and everything else FPS wise has been tragically meh the past few years. BC2 had its flaws, but the good CQ maps like Oasis never got old. Hard fought matches on Oasis may have actually been the most fun I've ever had in a 32 player server for any game. Laughing like a little girl mining the light vehicles, wookie madness with a VSS, drilling the teeth out of rooftop wookies....good times. Of the big limitations of BC2 was not being able lock out retard friendly kits like the double upgrade CG and 10x sniper scope.
For what few maps there are for BC2 they are all really good. Can't say the same for BF3.

I could play conquest heavy metal all day long
I miss the Karl Gustav. Definitely my favorite weapon :D
Man do I love making people rage hard with that using it as a secondary weapon. That and the bradley in squad deathmatch :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: