• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Sound Card

So my current system has a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion, sitting in a Cosmos 1000 case. I wanted to utilize the front mic and headphones jack on my case, but this soundcard won't support it. I was thinking of picking up another one, but don't have too much experience in the sound area. Any suggestions?

kysg

System Name Workhorse lappy
Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) ATI radeon 6520G
Storage OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD SATAIII
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
that doesn't sound right, you should have a jack on the sound card itself,

and you should be able to plug the HD Azalia into that that jack to allow sound through the front audio, also did you check bios to see if front audio is enabled.

I know my xtreme gamer allowed me to do this, and my XFI prelude allows me to do this too.

I opened up the digital manual that came with the software and it says that the front panel header connector is on the SB073X version, but mine is the SB046X version. So, no connector if I'm reading it right.

kysg

System Name Workhorse lappy
Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) ATI radeon 6520G
Storage OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD SATAIII
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
I assume this is what you mean right??
http://www.creative.com/oem/resources/SoundCards/SB046x.pdf

if so may not be their, I would also pm imperialreign he's another user on the forums who knows about XFI's

example thread
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=40613

Indeed, the old X-fi series (and audigy as well) don't got a standard azalia header, though the 'creative proprietary header' houses the same connections as the standard azalia one :p

Therefore, you can 'rewire' the pins of the proprietary connector to make an azalia compliant one.

-iDont

Thanks for the help guys, the thread of imperialreign's has the mod info right on it, so I might take that route with a little more research.