- May 14, 2004
- 17,173 (3.43/day)
|Video Card(s)||GTX 1080|
|Display(s)||30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024|
Valve has released a new Update to Steam.
Still sound issues, eh?
Half-Life 2, Source Engine and Source Dedicated Server updates are available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:
- Improved the performance of writing out save games. This will reduce the pause when you pass over an autosave trigger in Half-Life 2, or when you press the quicksave button
- Improved the performance of writing out the thumbnail image for save games. This will also reduce the pause when passing over an autosave trigger or pressing the quicksave button
- Increased cache memory usage for machines that have greater than 512MB of physical memory. This will reduce hitching due to cache thrashing.
- Optimized the sound cache manager, which will reduce hitching as a result of sound cache thrashing
- Minor optimization to the world renderer and world collision
- Minor optimization to the way that asynchronous sound files are loaded
- Optimized the way that sounds were loaded that are trigged by acting sequences
- Optimization to reduced the number of times model sequences are iterated on per frame
- Fixed rcon packet bug that was accepting negative packet lengths
- Fixed rcon server failing on server restart
- Weapon script files are preloaded at startup, instead of when they are accessed. This will reduce some hitches while playing Half-Life 2
- Added "-pidfile" command line argument to output a pid file on startup
- Fixed "Your server is out of date Please update and restart" error