• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Toshiba

Tell ya what I love this(my 1st laptop).Got it at Circuit City.Originally a $900 I got it for $740.It's got the Harmon-Kardon Speakers,17'' screen,AMD TURION 64x2dual-core mobile technology tl-62 2.10 ghz 2gyg ram,wi-fi. Heres a better description!!

Processor brand
Processor brand: AMD
Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.

View full glossary

Processor brand: Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.
AMD
Processor type
Processor type: Turion 64 X2
The generation/basic model of the processor.

View full glossary

Processor type: The generation/basic model of the processor.
Turion 64 X2
Processor speed
Processor speed: 2.10GHz
The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary

Processor speed: The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
2.10GHz
Bus speed
Bus speed: 800MHz
The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary

Bus speed: The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
800MHz
Level 2 cache 1MB
Memory
RAM 2GB
RAM expandable to: 4GB
Memory type (RAM) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
Expansion slots 2
Available expansion slots 0
Storage/Drives
Hard drive speed 5400RPM
Hard drive size
Hard drive size: 250GB
Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.

View full glossary

Hard drive size: Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.
250GB
Burns DVDs Yes
Graphics and sound
Screen size (diagonal)
Screen size (diagonal): 17.1"
TV screens are measured diagonally, from corner to corner. HDTVs often look smaller than SDTVs with the same screen size because of the wider 16:9 aspect ratio.

View full glossary

Screen size (diagonal): TV screens are measured diagonally, from corner to corner. HDTVs often look smaller than SDTVs with the same screen size because of the wider 16:9 aspect ratio.
17.1"
Maximum screen resolution 1440 x 900
Video memory 831MB
Video memory type Shared
Ports
TV tuner
TV tuner: No
A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.

View full glossary

TV tuner: A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.
No
Express card Yes
S-video out Yes
Media card slot Yes
VGA Yes
USB 2.0
USB 2.0: 4
USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.

View full glossary

USB 2.0: USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.
Firewire
Firewire: 1
FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.

View full glossary

Firewire: FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.
Infrared port
Infrared port: No
This port uses an infrared sensor to wirelessly transfer information to other computers.

View full glossary

Infrared port: This port uses an infrared sensor to wirelessly transfer information to other computers.
No
PC card No
Internet/networking
Dial-up modem Included
Ethernet Yes
Wireless 802.11b/g
Bluetooth No
Built-in webcam Yes
General features
Operating system Windows® Vista Home Premium
Fingerprint reader No
Additional Features Video card: ATI Radeon X1250
UPC 883974071685
Manufacturer's part number P305DS8818
Dimensions
Height 1.5 inches
Width 15.7 inches
Depth 11.3 inches
Weight 7.7 lbs

WASPMAN

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Nice. I've owned a few Toshiba's, good machines. Good spec's on yours. Have fun with it. :toast:

Thanks there blk hogan.Couldnt pass up this deal.My lady has another toshiba and is jealous cause mine rocks compared to hers.Granted hers only cost like $500 plus.You get what you pay for right?Thanks again!!