• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newb, and I mean NEWb

sharpiess

I have a question about the vga bios collection. I do not know where to post, so I thought maybe I could ask here. Why is there more than one post for a certain rom? I know that there are revisions and such, but where can I find all these numbers on the card? Do I need to have the card plugged in to see some of them? Thank you in advance

on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
System Name ( . Y . )
gpu z shows you the exact version of the pluged in video card bios, if that's what you asking for is.
btw welcome to TPU!

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Please be VERY careful playing with the bios if your a "newb". There is room for a LOT of damage IF you don't know what your doing. Just some words of warning, NOT meant to offend. Welcome, and Happy New Year:)

sharpiess

Hey thanks for the welcome. If anybody has somewhere to point me to learn more about this flashing of cards, please let me know. Any programs that have been used, systems used, etc., I would appreciate any help,
Thanks

is there anything in particular that you're trying to do? (for example, fan profiles or overclocking, maybe switching 7970 to ghz)

my bios venture was just to modify the fan ramp on my card to my tastes, back then it involved extracting the current bios (with gpuz sure), radeonbioseditor to adjust, then i lived dangerously & flashed with winflash in vista 64bit while cpu/ram/mobo were overclocked :laugh:

sharpiess

I happen to have some free time on my hands and some video cards from some
Windows machines that I was going to try and use on a Mac Pro. I have read a few places that it has been done fairly easy, some not so much. Any info. on this would be appreciated. Thanks