• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

News Section Feedback Goes Here

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 860EVO // Samsung840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
:Now don't get me wrong. I do like Q's way of doing it, but there could be a different way to do it to which both parties win.. The editorial at the end is nice... Just gotta play with how to "show it" right. IMHO

Why should any ONE dictate how the news is delivered. One model of the world???

Is there going to be a democratic vote on this?

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55

Well... in the factor of myself saying "IMHO" it states that it's something I thought would be a way to do things. To which everyone might have somewhat an agreeing on.

Since everyone seems to think it's wrong... Do I want censorship on how someone rights? No.. Do I want someone to have to change due to others not liking it? No.. But, like all other News groups.. We have more then 1 person posting now..

Don't you think we should have a "Standards" of some sort?

Display(s) HP w2207h
Audio Device(s) onboard
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

One could argue that the way the news is delivered by some news posters is indeed not news.

I would like to be, Editor-In-Chief.

Btarunr is the Editor In Chief.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
I am using your above quote as an example and not as a personal attack.

Since when have facts and spin been exclusive of each other in a news story???
Most news is "all the facts we want you to know".
Every news read has an opinion or bias/style built in to it; Example, Fox News vs. The New York Times.

If one can't discern between facts and spin then one has not read nearly enough. I don't recall seeing footnotes in the newspapers regarding factual content... Read your technical journals on your own time.

Not everyone is going to be pleased 100% of the time, 100% of the time.

This ongoing negativity about the news articles is tiresome.

I suggest that one reads what one likes, soley, so that one's personal happiness remains intact.

Some people just don't like a challenge or to be challenged. Basically, we each own our own issues. Projecting our own unhappiness is like a disease that infects others.

I like the news delivered in an entertaining fashion. I also like a pretty and buxom news woman delivering it but that's not practical all the time.

I like the news here and I have been reading the technology news on TPU long before I formally joined the site.

I would not change a thing.

A big thank you to qubit for having a thick skin and making the effort.:)

People are well aware of the bias major news outlets have in their stories. Members complaining about the shift in the news aren't incapable of separating fact from spin (do not insult us)- they are fed up that they have to. The previous style of TPU was very straight and forward. Using your own example, how would you like if you found a news outlet that was relatively neutral, then they hire Bill O'Reilly to fill the bulk of their news programming? Sure you could still tell what is fact and what is his nonsense, but I think you would still be perturbed that you have to make that adjustment.

News, to me, is not meant to be a source of entertainment. The miracles of modern day technology affords me many other ways to be entertained, so I guess the humor of his posts is lost on me.

I couldn't agree more in the fact that we should all read what makes us happy- which is why I read my tech news from other sites now. The thread however asks 'Whats Wrong with our Forums?' and if the news is so bad that it could drive members away- it deserves to be discussed until a solution is found.

Display(s) HP w2207h
Audio Device(s) onboard
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Btarunr is the Editor In Chief.

That was not meant to be an insult to Bta...just to make a point.

Standards change all the time.

Dogmatic approaches lose in the long run.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
The thing of the matter.. For the longest time we've only had 1-2 people post news.. Two people that were tight together on how they posted.. Now, we got "more hands in the cookie jar"... So, due to that, we don't know how to take/ or how to go about it..

So, if we can design the way that people can "express their way of writing" we can hit "two birds with one stone".

Like I said and will continue to say. We have the talent of all the writers to do a dang good job and gain more "traffic" to the site... Just, feel that if we have good "structure" in guidelines... Then we'll have even love for every single writer..

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
That was not meant to be an insult to Bta...just to make a point.

Standards change all the time.

Dogmatic approaches lose in the long run.

Well I don't get it then. He doesn't seem to have a problem with qubit's news posts and he already is the Editor In Chief. It doesn't change the fact that people don't like news presented in this way, hence why they are posting here.

It is your opinion that standards change all the time. It is my opinion that they do not, they are standards and things can fall above or below them. It seems as if many people have their own standards of this forum and how the news is presented. For those not liking it, I would assume it is falling below their standards.

Last edited:
Display(s) HP w2207h
Audio Device(s) onboard
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
So, if we can design the way that people can "express their way of writing" we can hit "two birds with one stone".

Like I said and will continue to say. We have the talent of all the writers to do a dang good job and gain more "traffic" to the site... Just, feel that if we have good "structure" in guidelines... Then we'll have even love for every single writer..

Where is Bta on this?

Argument is flawed: "design" the way one expresses themself smacks of uniformity.
More writers: the site must be growing.
I assume the writing style is approved, now.

Why put all your eggs in one basket?

Well I don't get it then. He doesn't seem to have a problem with qubit's news posts and he already is the Editor In Chief. It doesn't change the fact that people don't like news presented in this way, hence why they are posting here.

With regard to "standards", who sets them, who has the last word...

What are the hard fact numbers on those who don't like it? That's a "standards" question.

I have expressed that I like variety and have no complaints of the way the news is delivered now.

If so and so wants to get their news somewhere else due to 1 writer, thats their own personal problem. Throw out the baby with the bath water.

It is your opinion that standards change all the time. It is my opinion that they do not, they are standards and things can fall above or below them. It seems as if many people have their own standards of this forum and how the news is presented. For those not liking it, I would assume it is falling below their standards.

Standards, like laws, are constantly changing with new information and values all the time. Hence my comment on dogmatic approaches and set in stone practices.

Would you like an old doctor from 100 years ago or a new one that is up to date with today's science?

Last edited:

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
Where is Bta on this?

Argument is flawed: "design" the way one expresses themself smacks of uniformity.
More writers: the site must be growing.
I assume the writing style is approved, now.

Why put all your eggs in one basket?

I like the fact that we have different "styles"... But, when we can't not find out, "what is what"... It leads to others to not "get" what is "fact" and what is the personal opinion on the matter.. Thus, myself saying "design" of the matter.

You can state that the argument is flawed all you want.. who am I to say I know how to run things.. Which I don't.. But, in the world of Forums.. If we have the factor of "posting" we have the factor to allow one self to tell others how we feel... Thus, a thread like this is formed. To allow the site to come together as one to figure out what is the right way to go at things..

If bta feels that everything is fine.. No problem.. I'm just, like others on here... throwing out what we can to see how things can "get better"...

You can't make everyone happy.. The internet is a cruel b1tch... But, when we can all come together, to fix a "drama lama" problem...

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
I like Qubit's news posts, but I would prefer them with a bland factual BTA style news posts with the Qubit opinion right under it, even in the same post, so thank you qubit, for finally accepting to do this.

I don't read the editorials much, but if Qubit could already write "Editorial:" at the beginning of his post, it would be cool (if he doesn't do this already)

I love how now I have a hard time keeping up with the news and has to come more often then when I would have to wait for a day or 2 to have a news post worth commenting on

D

Deleted member 67555

I couldn't agree more in the fact that we should all read what makes us happy- which is why I read my tech news from other sites now. The thread however asks 'Whats Wrong with our Forums?' and if the news is so bad that it could drive members away- it deserves to be discussed until a solution is found.

+1 here....

I mean no offense to anyone either but it's true for me too....
I just responded to a news post that I had no idea was a news post....I thought it was a fanboi post.

I do still read btarunr's posts though...just not nearly as frequently....Christian isn't to shabby either...it's just easier to get factual news elsewhere...just saying.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
It's hadly that, man; it's a damned sight better than that. It's hard-hitting analysis on stories that require it (usually the controversial ones where some company is trying it on) and some people whinge about it incessantly. :rolleyes: They should try shooting the company that's pulling this shit, not the messenger (me) that's just warned them about it! Also, you'll find that many news stories have a certain amount of commentary/analysis weaved into the story. The fact I word it more strongly seems to lift some people right out of their comfort zones.

You consider it "shit" at the moment and therefore it's important is the way it's handled. And it's not just wording it strongly: All the quotes below are taken from the Witcher 2 post:

Yes, really - 100% of those pesky "pirates" will be brought to book! The game's studio, CD Projekt RED (CDP Red) isn't letting on how it's doing so, either, claiming it's a "trade secret" and not giving out the name of the external company that's implementing the anti-piracy technology, claiming that to do so would damage their business. Seriously.

Right here you ridicule the entire idea of "pirates" and that "Seriously." short sentence is nothing but an aggrevator.

The problem with identifying a dodgy copy of something is that the main info they have to track them down, are the IP addresses of the suspect. This has been shown many times over now, not to be a reliable tracker of who's doing what. At the most, it will pinpoint the account holder that it relates to, in some cases. However, this outfit reckons they've nailed this dealbreaking problem once and for all - and without any evidence on how they go about it. Snake oil, perhaps?

The IP address thing is a very valid complaint, but then you ridicule the idea that they have discovered a new method for doing it.

Also notice how they covered themselves by saying "At least we have not received any information as of now which would indicate something like that." So, they could be targeting the innocent after all, they just haven't heard about it. Nice.

Again you are ridiculing the mere thought of them actually trying to be honest and only go after actual pirates. That too is actually a very valid concern, but by that little "Nice." at the end it seems like you're just amused by the thought.

1 There is no technology and this is just smoke and mirrors (with a dash of snake oil) designed to extort marks into coughing up money to make CD Projekt go away

A possibility but you word it in such a snarky way I just can't be bothered about it. This is how you want it to be, this is what you believe in, this is what shines through the entire piece.

2 They really do have some "tracking technology" in their games. Now, what could this be? Well, as they're not telling us, it's only right and proper to be highly suspicious of what it actually does and to put it in the same class as common criminal malware. This is because the only logical way that they can track the individual in any semi-reliable manner, is to lift personal information off their computer. Let's speculate on how this could be achieved. It would include stuff such as email logins, bank logins, Facebook logins, network traffic sniffing to read the contents of highly personal and confidential messages and any other login where personal information such as a name and address might be kept. You name it, they might be doing it. This kind of activity is of course highly illegal everywhere, so no wonder they'd want to keep quiet about it. It makes traditional draconian DRM schemes such as SecuROM and the like seem like a walk in the park by comparison, doesn't it?

They are not telling us, therefore we paint up the worst case scenario in which they actually do illegal things. And then you end it with a question comparing it to something else that was very controversial and says this is much much much worse, even though there is not a single fact that support anything you say in this paragraph.

So, do you really want to install software that does some or all of this on your computer, just to play a lousy video game? Obviously, that's a resounding NO!

"But do you WANT the Nazi's to win?" Extreme comparasion, but pretty valid still. You are pretty much saying straight up it's all or nothing, with, again, no facts at all that say anything about it.

Regardless of how they track down suspects, this exercise is extortion with a legal veneer, pure and simple. This is because there haven't been any independent studies showing that "piracy" reduces profits and makes companies go to the wall - they have all been big media industry sponsored. However, there are several independent studies that show it does nothing, or actually enhances sales by indirect means, such as reputation spread by word of mouth. Of course, the powerful media cartels based in America, are able to buy government reps all over the world to make them pass corrupt laws as if all this "piracy" really was hurting them – three strikes, PROTECT IP & SOPA are just three examples. Consider the blockbusting sales here and here of Modern Warfare 3 recently. This will be the most "pirated" game of all, yet it still outsold all of Hollywood put together...

Here we have conspiracies that the "media cartels" in the US buys out governments everywhere. A long and hard look on whether there are cartels in the US or not and what they do would be an interesting read, but you just assume that's the way it is. You might have read about it somewhere, but I have no means of saying anything about it as you don't provide sources for anything. Also you make fun of the idea that piracy hurts anyone and says it even is a benefit in some cases.

There is of course, one sure fire and legal way to beat a company that tries such dirty tricks: the boycott. Don't buy their products and don't pirate them, then laugh as you watch them go under (all the while still blaming alleged "piracy", of course). I personally wholeheartedly recommend this course of action. Once again www.techdirt.com is recommended as the site to go to, as they expose abuses like this daily.

And again with the ridicule. And a personal recommandation is always a nice touch. And an official recommendation that "expose" "abuses" daily. The entire paragraph pushes the idea that what you say is TRUE. And again, no facts about it, only a basic assumption and an idea you want to push for.

The entire article assumes that there are media cartels, that the idea that piracy hurts anyone is laughable (and that it even is good for companies!) and that CDP Red is one step away from commiting crimes that would be considered very serious in most governments. It's more than strong wording.

Fear, as you push the fearsome idea of them invading my Facebook and actually anything I can think of ("you name it, they might be doing it"). And I have a very vivid imagination.
Uncertainty, as you use the words "might" a lot. It's a good word. It saves your ass as you only imply things might happen but there is a chance it's happening right now!
Doubt, goes hand in hand with "might".

IMO as always.

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
You consider it "shit" at the moment and therefore it's important is the way it's handled. And it's not just wording it strongly: All the quotes below are taken from the Witcher 2 post:

Right here you ridicule the entire idea of "pirates" and that "Seriously." short sentence is nothing but an aggrevator.......

.........Fear, as you push the fearsome idea of them invading my Facebook and actually anything I can think of ("you name it, they might be doing it"). And I have a very vivid imagination.
Uncertainty, as you use the words "might" a lot. It's a good word. It saves your ass as you only imply things might happen but there is a chance it's happening right now!
Doubt, goes hand in hand with "might".

IMO as always.

Someone needs to calm down :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::toast::laugh::nutkick:

25% Sarcastic
75% Serious

Sources: Me. I know my self.

System Name Grandpa
Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Cooling water
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 5850 x2
Storage Samsung SM951
Display(s) Catleap 27"
Case coolermaster stacker
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse logitech g5 original
Keyboard Ducky
Software Windows 8.1
Hey thanks, you're welcome. :)

Ok, when you say a separate section, do you mean something separate that would appear on the front page, or just an editorial section in the forums?

I think, like the way most newspapers handle editorials, it should be placed in it's own prominent and prestigious section. After all, the editorials are expressing the views of the paper itself.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Yay, just what we need, a dedicated qubit sux thread *grabs some popcorn* :roll:

P.S mods please note the sarcasm in my post, I like q and just get fed up of all the bashing that goes on lately.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Someone needs to calm down :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::toast::laugh::nutkick:

25% Sarcastic
75% Serious

Sources: Me. I know my self.

Probably, but he wanted constructive criticism so I posted what I think is wrong with his news posts. If it was an editorial or just a random forum post it'd be a different thing, but now it isn't. It's a news post on the TPU homepage that gets a fair amount of visitors and even if it's only one newsie posting that stuff it still reflects on the rest of the page/forums.

I mean most of what he posts are valid concerns and it could be a very good post but the way he writes them is borderline arrogant. It's not professional. It reads like a common news paper that use scare tactics to prove their points and I feel nothing but hate for them.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
I mean most of what he posts are valid concerns and it could be a very good post but the way he writes them is borderline arrogant.

Qubit's posts are borderline arrogant? There are other adjectives to describe how he writes, but "borderline arrogant" is definitely not it. There's an utter lack of exclamation points, for example. And thus far you can't really say they have the "F**K EVERYTHING ELSE YOU READ IN THE INTERNET! DON'T READ THE OTHER NEWS! JUST THIS! JUST THE ARTICLES I WRITE! OK??? NO?!?!?!? THEN JUST F**K OFF WILL YOU?!?!?!?!?" vibe.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Qubit's posts are borderline arrogant? There are other adjectives to describe how he writes, but "borderline arrogant" is definitely not it. There's an utter lack of exclamation points, for example. And thus far you can't really say they have the "F**K EVERYTHING ELSE YOU READ IN THE INTERNET! DON'T READ THE OTHER NEWS! JUST THIS! JUST THE ARTICLES I WRITE! OK??? NO?!?!?!? THEN JUST F**K OFF WILL YOU?!?!?!?!?" vibe.

Certinaly not, but there's arrogant and arrogant. As everything that thing comes in different levels.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Probably, but he wanted constructive criticism so I posted what I think is wrong with his news posts. If it was an editorial or just a random forum post it'd be a different thing, but now it isn't. It's a news post on the TPU homepage that gets a fair amount of visitors and even if it's only one newsie posting that stuff it still reflects on the rest of the page/forums.

I mean most of what he posts are valid concerns and it could be a very good post but the way he writes them is borderline arrogant. It's not professional. It reads like a common news paper that use scare tactics to prove their points and I feel nothing but hate for them.

You have got to be kidding. The majority of your posts are hardly "Constructive critisism" and more trolling I like how you used "Critisism" to save your ass their. It lets you troll without being banned. I also think you misunderstand the meaning of the word constructive. In my world when they teach English and journalism. They constructivly critisize by saying the following.

"This had good form, but I would rewrite this because of this."

WHICH IS A WHOLE LOT different from.

"This is rediculous you need to be better slander and shit im going to spend the next 7 lines telling you how unworthy you are of a news position."

Dont get me wrong people need thick skin. I'm all for that. But you are a loose cannon and IMO you need to tone that shit down.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
When I try to do that, a section of the community says: more content looks better. When I don't, another part picks on me. It's not like long posts don't get back anything, I've done several elaborate articles mixing several sources into the concoction and many of them got great response from the community.

Personally I like the short and sweet approach. You know......"Just the facts mam."

(Showed my age there)

Display(s) HP w2207h
Audio Device(s) onboard
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Personally I like the short and sweet approach. You know......"Just the facts mam."

(Showed my age there)
:laugh::toast:

I think everyone complaining has to realize that any new writer is going to have to find their own style...

This comes with time, practice and experience and to some extent the subject matter.

If you have followed qubit's articles, you can see that he is experimenting with how the content is delivered.

Some are more heavy handed with the personal opinion than others.

In the case that Frick mentions regarding a game/entertainment piece, it was perhaps written to be more entertaining. (subject matter choice)

The other factor is a business one, TPU may want this style to see what the responses are like, in attempt to grow the site/readership. If you don't try different things you risk becoming stale and lost among all the other sites. What is going to make TPU standout?

Raw numbers will eventually be compiled and choices will be made. That's what an Editor-In-Chief does.

If you read the first post by Bta... he asks that you contact the author first.

I have read all too many dry topics and I like a little something in the writing to peak interest or keep me engaged so I can read till the end of the column... opinionated or not.

My request to the complainers is to have some patience.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
:laugh::toast:

I think everyone complaining has to realize that any new writer is going to have to find their own style...

This comes with time, practice and experience and to some extent the subject matter.

If you have followed qubit's articles, you can see that he is experimenting with how the content is delivered.

Some are more heavy handed with the personal opinion than others.

In the case that Frick mentions regarding a game/entertainment piece, it was perhaps written to be more entertaining. (subject matter choice)

The other factor is a business one, TPU may want this style to see what the responses are like, in attempt to grow the site/readership. If you don't try different things you risk becoming stale and lost among all the other sites. What is going to make TPU standout?

Raw numbers will eventually be compiled and choices will be made. That's what an Editor-In-Chief does.

If you read the first post by Bta... he asks that you contact the author first.

I have read all too many dry topics and I like a little something in the writing to peak interest or keep me engaged so I can read till the end of the column... opinionated or not.

My request to the complainers is to have some patience.

See Qubit is a good news reporter. Its just the style of delivery doesn't sit with a LOT of people. These same people just don't want TPU to end up being the "Fox News" of the tech world in content delivery. IMO all Qubit has to do is not interweave his opinion within the news. Add it after. That's what an analysis is. Not news biased with opinion. I think Qubit gets this and has been adjusting.

With that being said the brutality of the critic needs to be tone down as much as Qubits sensationalism. Its easy to trash someone. Its much harder to mold them into what works.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
You have got to be kidding. The majority of your posts are hardly "Constructive critisism" and more trolling I like how you used "Critisism" to save your ass their. It lets you troll without being banned. I also think you misunderstand the meaning of the word constructive. In my world when they teach English and journalism. They constructivly critisize by saying the following.

"This had good form, but I would rewrite this because of this."

WHICH IS A WHOLE LOT different from.

"This is rediculous you need to be better slander and shit im going to spend the next 7 lines telling you how unworthy you are of a news position."

Dont get me wrong people need thick skin. I'm all for that. But you are a loose cannon and IMO you need to tone that shit down.

Yes, most of my posts regarind qubits news are trolling, but I believe the list a few posts up are pretty constructive ableit a bit hard. I can rewrite it if you want it, because I believe my points ARE valid criticism. Most of the the Witcher 2 post is making fun of the mere thought of piracy being bad for bussiness and even indicates it's good for them. I think he have some valid points but I think I explained why I see it the way I do.

Take the IP address thing, which is a thing we should be concerned about. But the way it's written it looks like he's entertained by the idea that it could ever change, and then he paints up a picture where our Facebook accounts are scanned for information instead. Which would be extremely serious it it's true, and if it is true we should go to the studio with torches and pitchforks, but nothing in the information given suggests that in the slightest.

And then we have the lack of sources. He says that there are a lot of studies saying that piracy doesn't matter, which in itself is a bold statement, and without links or anything to said studies it's all a matter of how you feel about the subject. And then he says Big Media in the US is a cartel that buys the worlds governments. And again, that would be an interesting thing to read a lengthy article about, but he state it as a simple fact.

The point is the basics of his articles could have been interesting, but then he goes about saying things based on assumptions instead of facts. At least that's how I see it, mostly because he says things like the German government is bought out by US media cartels and provide no additional information about it. Am I just supposed to swallow that? Am I supposed to assume from his article that CBT Red is looking at my Facebook and private mails?

This is the type of reporting/sensationalism I see on bad news outlets (if you're swedish you know Aftonbladet) and I hate to see it on TPU which always have been above that.

EDIT: BTW, if you think I'm hypocritical, what with my Bethsoft rage and all: The big difference is that my posts are forum posts, not news posts displayed on the homepage. If qubits news pieces would have been forum posts I would not care so much, but they're not. Imagine me reporting on games if you will. It'd be horrible.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Is there not a framework the newsies work under? It just seems like someone is picked and then tehy say.. GO FOR IT.

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again...I dont want to hear anyone's opinion in a news article. Especially an opinion that is based off speculation, no supporting evidence, and subjective opinion. I dont care what you think... just post the article and go find the next one. :p

Jsfitz brings up an interesting point in that the style is conjuring up discussion. Well, that worked, its too bad the majority of the discussion is disapproval on (occasional)uneducated opinion interjection. But if that was the case...its working. :)

Amen... :toast:

Last edited: