• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nicehash has been down all day..

Clearly, Matjaž Škorjanc is the actual head of the company. He controls 55% through his father.
Marko Kobal, CEO, has 45%.
The bad news, IMO, is that actually it is not owned by Škorjanc or Kobal. It's owned by 2 companies that belong to those individuals. And the capital for both of these companies is just 7500 EUR each.
And since Nicehash is not a financial company, but an IT one, they are basically free of any liability. :)

Matjaž Škorjanc is totally out of spotlight. No one noticed he is involved in one of the best known cryptocurrency mining companies... Škorjanc is not visible in Slovenian company register, he doesn't have a linkedin account etc.

Just an update to the information above.
Nicehash changed a bit at the end of December.
Kobal was let go / quit.
There's a new CEO: Zdravko Poljašević. He looks like a guy from nowhere - possibly another dummy CEO. :)
Škorjanc now owns 65% of the company, he is still the CTO. The rest is controlled by a guy called Šokić Aljoša - owner of a small IT company in Slovenia called Complete Solutions. That said, Aljosa's share in Nicehash is not via this IT company, but through another entity (possibly a one man firm): Fleming Digital - started in September 2017, unknown branch or previous activities.

So the "serious investor" scenario, that some of us hoped for, just didn't happen. It's also very unlikely that Šokić Aljoša can cover the missing $70m.

Did anyone here get his money back? Or any info when it might happen?

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i havnt got my mine back yet but it does show two balances.. the old one and the current one.. the 31 january message is till there..

they claim they are setting up free withdrawals directly into coinbase.. as yet i think all withdrawals are on hold..

i will be pleasantly happy if i get my 1/3 of a bitcoin back.. not overly bothered if i dont.. i basically wrote it off weeks ago..

trog

ps.. the dodgy east european geezer scenario dosnt bother me that much.. crooks come in all shapes and forms.. he he..

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
i havnt got my mine back yet but it does show two balances.. the old one and the current one.. the 31 january message is till there..

they claim they are setting up free withdrawals directly into coinbase.. as yet i think all withdrawals are on hold..

i will be pleasantly happy if i get my 1/3 of a bitcoin back.. not overly bothered if i dont.. i basically wrote it off weeks ago..

trog

ps.. the dodgy east european geezer scenario dosnt bother me that much.. crooks come in all shapes and forms.. he he..
So there are two balance that show up, one fake and one real balance.
I stil dought they got 68million from a loan company to deal out to people that lost their btc.

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
they give two options to click on.. on the left is the current balance.. on the right is the old balance showing the balance before the hack took place..

the fact they do display the old balance does make me think they are genuine as regards paying back what they owe people but who knows.. time will tell.. he he

i am not using nicehash at the moment.. i am mining eth on nanopool..

trog

There's nothing dodgy about eastern Europe. Don't worry. It's just this company (and its owners) who are somehow shady.
Actually, as far as financial systems go, these countries are rather safe. Communist history means they are strongly regulated and during the last 20 years were mostly loosening the financial law, while most of western world is doing the opposite.
Slovenia is also the richest (by both GDP per capita and quality of living) state of the historical Eastern Bloc. Their GDP per capita is higher than Portuguese and more than 2/3 of Italian. Not bad. :)

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
For anyone into trading coins, you might like to take a look at this: https://coindar.org/en/forecasts/

Take any predictions with a pinch of salt and do your own research as to what the predictions are based on. I wouldn't recommend using it to blindly buy coins, for me it brings to my attention coins that might have something 'big' happening. For example, I quite like the prospects of ETC in the short term as there is a hard-fork coming so I sold about $100 of mining profits and bought some yesterday.

For anyone not using auto-switching https://whattomine.com/coins is a pretty good resource. I'm only not using mining hub's auto-switch function right now because ZCL is continually on the top for me, and they don't support XVG-Lyrar2REv2

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
i am about to buy some cardano.. half an eth should get me about 600 of them.. he he

trog

Last edited:
Software Windows 10 x64
i am about to buy some cardano.. half an eth should b get me about 600 of them.. he he

trog

After an earlier (stupid) mistake with ZCL and SC, I have reversed my decision to consolidate all my coins into ETH and XRP and am diversifying again.

Just 1-5% of my portfolio in some smaller coins. It's only a few bucks worth of each, but they have the potential to pay off a couple of hundred bucks here and there

My current "long shot" coins are:

VTC - 2.3%
SAFEX - 1.1%
ETN - 2.1%
STRAT - 2.1%
EOS - 2.9%
XVG - 0.9%
ETC - 5.7%

XRP used to be on that list with about 10%, but since it's meteoric rise this past month, it's now the largest stake in my portfolio. Z-Classic and SiaCoin would have been large parts of my portfolio too, but I ignorantly sold off for spare-change a couple of hours before the jump.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
It would be nice if there was an easy way to exchange BTC for another coin within my Coinbase account. I might try to diversify a little.

Just transfer some to cryptopia. Hundreds of coins available for trade there.

Just transfer some to cryptopia. Hundreds of coins available for trade there.
Which looks like another anonymous company with no guarantee. Have they already been hacked? :p

Why would you give your savings to someone you don't even know the name or address?
Would you give me your cryptos? I swear I'll give them back! :-D
It would be nice if there was an easy way to exchange BTC for another coin within my Coinbase account. I might try to diversify a little.
Well, there's a reason why they don't support exotic altcoins. :)

Also, why exactly do you want to diversify so much? Cryptos are highly correlated, so it won't save you from a drop. You're hoping that the price of one of them will explode?

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
"Also, why exactly do you want to diversify so much? Cryptos are highly correlated, so it won't save you from a drop. You're hoping that the price of one of them will explode?"

###

sometimes the coins follow bitcoin.. sometime they break away and do their own thing.. cardano for example has seen a %472 rise over the last three weeks.. its for sure bitcoin hasnt.. he he

they are currently about half a euro each.. i am halfway through the complicated process of buying a few hundred of them.. first set up a wallet.. send half an eth from coinbase to binance.. buy some cardano with the eth sent from coin base.. withdraw the cardano to the set up wallet..

one snag.. binance has a suspend sign on cardano withdrawals.. binance has shut it down.. i recon half the world is trying to do what i am tryng to do.. he he..

trog

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Which looks like another anonymous company with no guarantee. Have they already been hacked? :p
Why would you give your savings to someone you don't even know the name or address?

Also, why exactly do you want to diversify so much? Cryptos are highly correlated, so it won't save you from a drop. You're hoping that the price of one of them will explode?

If you think cryptopia is an anonymous company, then you should do more research. No, I wouldn't give you my crypto, because you hold no presence. Cryptopia is the fourth largest crypto exchange in the world, and trades in literally billions of dollars worth of crypto a day so... maybe they're a little more trustworthy than you. Regardless, there are virtually no guarantees with any crypto exchange. Caveat emptor. Coinbase offers no more of a guarantee than cryptopia does, and yet plenty of people use it. What's the difference? As for diversifying, cryptos are definitely not highly correlated. One look at the exchanges can tell you that. I made a 400% profit (trading on cryptopia btw) on a single coin, simply because its dollar value was highly disparate from its bitcoin value. Sold bitcoin for an altcoin, sold for dollars a few days later, bought more bitcoin. Since it was low priced in bitcoin but (relatively) high priced in dollar value, I made a killing on it.

Your statements there are simply based in bad information all the way around.

Software Windows 10 x64

They are just exchanges. Cryptopia is pretty big, but I prefer poloniex.
Big no means should you keep any significant number of coins on there. For that, transfer to a local wallet, preferably offline/paper

"Also, why exactly do you want to diversify so much? Cryptos are highly correlated, so it won't save you from a drop. You're hoping that the price of one of them will explode?"

###

sometimes the coins follow bitcoin.. sometime they break away and do their own thing.. cardano for example has seen a %472 rise over the last three weeks.. its for sure bitcoin hasnt.. he he

they are currently about half a euro each.. i am halfway through the complicated process of buying a few hundred of them.. first set up a wallet.. send half an eth from coinbase to binance.. buy some cardano with the eth sent from coin base.. withdraw the cardano to the set up wallet..

one snag.. binance has a suspend sign on cardano withdrawals.. binance has shut it down.. i recon half the world is trying to do what i am tryng to do.. he he..

trog

Try bittrex

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
to late now i have 576 coins valued at $435 sat on binance.. i assume i will be able to withdraw them one day.. he he

trog

This is what I meant. Are you guys keeping so many cryptos hoping for a price jump? This happens, obviously. But if you divide your money among 10+ currencies, you won't make much...
But as for big drops, they're usually market-wide. So the safest bet would be to hold just the large currencies (exactly what coinbase does).
They are just exchanges. Cryptopia is pretty big, but I prefer poloniex.
NASDAQ is also just an exchange. :)
If you think cryptopia is an anonymous company, then you should do more research.
It's a company run from a shed. It has 2 directors with so-so background, very little info on the website (including the lack of address, names, fund coverage info etc). So all much like with NiceHash.

BTW, here's the shed if you don't believe me. It's really anonyumous. :)
Cryptopia is the fourth largest crypto exchange in the world, and trades in literally billions of dollars worth of crypto a day so... maybe they're a little more trustworthy than you.
But wasn't NiceHash the "largest mining marketplace"? :)
Coinbase offers no more of a guarantee than cryptopia does, and yet plenty of people use it.
Of course it does. Now it seems you should do more research. :)
As for diversifying, cryptos are definitely not highly correlated.
...with this as well.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh ok. Well if you just say so then it must be true. My apologies. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll play along... Yes, a crypto exchange requires a huge warehouse to store all the physical assets... So the building must be hugely relevant. NASDAQ is just an exchange. Also well respected, so I'm not sure what your point is. Nicehash is nowhere near the largest mining group. The largest of its kind perhaps, where non-miners can buy hashing power, but that's pretty irrelevant. They got hacked, sure. So could Cryptopia. So could Coinbase. Hell, so could NASDAQ for that matter.

Coinbase literally has a no-warranty clause in their terms of service. So no...

EDIT: Also, totally unrelated, but to all those using NiceHash still, I just used their free withdrawal to coinbase, and it worked perfectly. No fees to transfer, and it went through instantly.

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
notb is doing his usual thing.. trolling crypto... he he

he just drags up every negative aspect that comes into his head..

trog