• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nintendo, Microsoft and Philips Fail to Show Any Environmental Credentials

bryan_d

Processor Intel E4300 @3GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E
Cooling RevA Scythe Ninja, Zalman ZM-NBF47, Accelero S1
Memory A-Data DDR2 800MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800GS 384MB OC
Storage Seagate SATA 320GB Perp
Display(s) Planar PL1910M
Case Cooler Master Centurion 5, Yate-Loons
Audio Device(s) Sounblaster Audigy 2ZS
Power Supply Sparkle FSP400-B204
Software Enslaved
BUYING A NINTENDO WII IS NOT GOING TO POISON OUR CHILDREN!!![/SIZE]

You are sort of right... because it is probably your grand children or great grand children who will suffer the adverse effects of electronic waste.

1) How long do you think electronics take to decompose?

2) What do you think happens when chemicals from capacitors leak, or when lead leaches into the soil or water?

Why not stick a leaked capacitor or suck on some PCB while you try to answer those questions F-22?

And you are right, some people are what you would call "retarded," and if ignorant people like you continue to vote against or halt policies that can provide a healthier environment for children, there will be more people with handicaps that you are referring to.

I do not think it is just Liberals who are concerned about the environment as well, it is simply foolish and ignorant to think so. The environment concerns everyone! Democrats, Republicans, Neo-Nazis, Hippies, Whites, Blacks, Fat people, Skinny people, and even you F-22 need to breath clean air, drink clean water, and eat uncontaminated foods. Again, the environment effects us all.

Beleive or not F-22, there is a world beyond your bubble, so do not let your ignorance keep you in...

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
Greenpeace are more corrupt than the mafia.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
If we had signed into the KYOTO then our economy more than anything would have suffered. I love how there seems to be some kind of anti American movement lately across Europe. Please stick to your own domestic policies and leave U.S. out of things.

Your economy is already fucked, get over it. Time to stop being ignorant. Climate change is happening, and humans certainly arent doing the planet any favours. I'd actually appluad if mother nature went and wiped out countries in various ways in order to preserve the planet. I would especially cheer if the countries wiped out were full of ppl as ignorant as you.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
I'm TOTALLY against poising our own children but....

BUYING A NINTENDO WII IS NOT GOING TO POISON OUR CHILDREN!!!

Holy shat people are retarded.

It's not about natural pollution giving us an excuse to pollute.... It's about all of these little Hitlers telling us that every damn thing we do is AWEFUL polluting because they're on a power trip.

Global Warming is ENTIRELY Political! You libs blow things WAAAAAAAAY out of proportion.

Once again, I said it before and I'll say it again, "ignorance is bliss". If you want to know the actual CHEMISTRY about global warming I can show you a lot of things (including reactions and what is actually happening in the atmosphere itself).

The only political thing about global warming is politicians and lobbyists trying to make people, like you, believe we don't have to worry about anything so they and their subsidiary companies can keep our economy moving in a "greedy" way.

You are literally making things up out of the blue, just off the top off you head. You need to stop and take in sound science and piece things together to understand what is really going on. I urge you to take this matter more seriously.

Last edited:

F-22

You are sort of right... because it is probably your grand children or great grand children who will suffer the adverse effects of electronic waste.

1) How long do you think electronics take to decompose?

2) What do you think happens when chemicals from capacitors leak, or when lead leaches into the soil or water?

Why not stick a leaked capacitor or suck on some PCB while you try to answer those questions F-22?

And you are right, some people are what you would call "retarded," and if ignorant people like you continue to vote against or halt policies that can provide a healthier environment for children, there will be more people with handicaps that you are referring to.

I do not think it is just Liberals who are concerned about the environment as well, it is simply foolish and ignorant to think so. The environment concerns everyone! Democrats, Republicans, Neo-Nazis, Hippies, Whites, Blacks, Fat people, Skinny people, and even you F-22 need to breath clean air, drink clean water, and eat uncontaminated foods. Again, the environment effects us all.

Beleive or not F-22, there is a world beyond your bubble, so do not let your ignorance keep you in...

So... you're telling me that my grandchildren are absolutely fucked because I bought a Nintendo Wii, and if I disagree and think you're blowing this out of proportion, I'm ignorant?

Once again, I said it before and I'll say it again, "ignorance is bliss". If you want to know the actual CHEMISTRY about global warming I can show you a lot of things (including reactions and what is actually happening in the atmosphere itself).

The only political thing about global warming is politicians and lobbyists trying to make people, like you, believe we don't have to worry about anything so they and their subsidiary companies can keep our economy moving in a "greedy" way.

You are literally making things up out of the blue, just off the top off you head. You need to stop and take in sound science and piece things together to understand what is really going on. I urge you to take this matter more seriously.

So... you're telling me that my grandchildren are absolutely fucked because I bought a Nintendo Wii, and if I disagree and think you're blowing this out of proportion, I'm ignorant and making it up on the spot?

Also, am I making up the fact that Mount Pinatubo polluted 1,600,000,000 pounds of zinc, 1,200,000,000 pounds of copper, 1,100,000,000 pounds of chromium, 600,000,000 pounds of nickel, 200,000,000 pounds of lead, 20,000,000 pounds of arsenic, 2,000,000 pounds of cadmium, & 1,600,000 pounds of mercury, & more CO2 than all cars ever made into the atmosphere and on the earth - all the while I am somehow NOT poisoned and perfectly healthy, but now that I bought a 4 pound Nintendo Wii my Grandchildren are somehow screwed? - talk about blowing things out of proportion. That's why I say. If you buy into this political garbage, you're an absolute moron. Try thinking for yourself sometime. I do.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
So... you're telling me that my grandchildren are absolutely fucked because I bought a Nintendo Wii, and if I disagree and think you're blowing this out of proportion, I'm ignorant?

So... you're telling me that my grandchildren are absolutely fucked because I bought a Nintendo Wii, and if I disagree and think you're blowing this out of proportion, I'm ignorant and making it up on the spot?

Also, am I making up the fact that Mount Pinatubo polluted 1,600,000,000 pounds of zinc, 1,200,000,000 pounds of copper, 1,100,000,000 pounds of chromium, 600,000,000 pounds of nickel, 200,000,000 pounds of lead, 20,000,000 pounds of arsenic, 2,000,000 pounds of cadmium, & 1,600,000 pounds of mercury, & more CO2 than all cars ever made into the atmosphere and on the earth - all the while I am somehow NOT poisoned and perfectly healthy, but now that I bought a 4 pound Nintendo Wii my Grandchildren are somehow screwed? - talk about blowing things out of proportion. That's why I say. If you buy into this political garbage, you're an absolute moron. Try thinking for yourself sometime. I do.

If you were to read my ENTIRE summary of global warming you would understand that there is a NATURAL CYCLE (like the one you're speaking of concerning Mount Pinatubo) and there is a UNNATURAL cycle that we are causing. I'm not saying your children are POISONED, nor did I ever say, however the products as a whole that Nintendo is making are contributing to the UNNATURAL global warming that the human population is causing.

Future generations of the human species will undoubtedly be suffering the consequences of Global Warming (wether it be trying to counter act or stop it other together) that people tend not to take very seriously right now.

F-22

Breathing also contributes to global warming.

My original point is the fact that if Nintendo switches to swirly lightbulbs, it won't help the climate whatsoever. If you had any business sense you'd realize that you always want to go for "The best bang for your buck". In the pollution sense, we need to go Nuclear + Hydrogen. That way, the only greenhouse gasses would be from livestock... However we can't go Nuclear because it's you same libs who imposed the Coal plants in the first place.

If you really care about your carbon footprint, why do you own a PC? You know it's going to pollute the earth and poison your grandchildren. Also it uses electricity. Why do you own a car? Do you know how fucked up it is to own a car? Why do you eat food that was processed with carbon-emmitting tractors and factories. Why do you eat meat? You do know that livestock pollutes more than all transportation combined - right? Why do you wear clothes that were made in factories in china - powered by Coal plants? You know they had to be shipped here via Diesel ships. Why don't you check yourself before you start blaming everyone else. Once you go fruitarian, live in a dirt hole in the ground, and make all of your clothes yourself out of dead tree leaves i'll take you a little be more seriously (no i wont).

Give us Nuclear, and give us Hydrogen!!! Leave Nintendo alone! You're no better (or greener) than they are!

Reactions: hat

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
pwnt. ^

bryan_d

Processor Intel E4300 @3GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E
Cooling RevA Scythe Ninja, Zalman ZM-NBF47, Accelero S1
Memory A-Data DDR2 800MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800GS 384MB OC
Storage Seagate SATA 320GB Perp
Display(s) Planar PL1910M
Case Cooler Master Centurion 5, Yate-Loons
Audio Device(s) Sounblaster Audigy 2ZS
Power Supply Sparkle FSP400-B204
Software Enslaved
Congratulations on the 4lb Wii! What will happen with that Wii when it becomes obsolete in due time? What of the other 6 million, 4lbs Wii's that too will become obsolete? That is 24,000,000lbs of PCB, Plastic, toxics, and heavy metals that have to be discarded right? Would you rather have Nintendo or any other manufacturer create products that will not have toxins embedded within its plastic interior to leak in our air, soil, and water? That is basically what those "damn hippies" want, safer and sustainable products for you and everyone else. Damn those hipppy liberals and their health promoting ways!

And as far as owning a PC, driving a car, eating meat, and wearing clothing from overseas? I do the darn best I can with what is available for me. My PC components are used and are all ROHS certified. I gave up my 35mpg car and my 55mpg motorcycle and now carpool, take public transit(1 hr and 45min ride), walk, and bike. I get my veggies from a farmers market, and it beans and egg for protein. I proudly buy "made in USA" and if not I buy used clothing. It's the little things that we do that make a difference.

And I would not have to go through all those measures if not for the small minded individuals in society who inhibit actual progress. We have poor public transport, poor nutrition education, and we rely on poor people to make our clothes because we are to cheap to pay our own American brothers and sisters who need jobs.

So you can dwell in your feelings of powerlessness; but please, just because you cannot muster the strength or mental capacity to plan for a brighter future, it should not mean you should bad mouth those trying.

It's obvious you and others that think like you are locked in defeat of "follow the system," and it just shows how our leaders and corporations have thrawrted what it means to be American; to be able to stand againts those that wish to inhibit our health and happiness. I know I would not be happy seeing millions of electronics in my back yard, especially if those items are poisoning my fellow human beings.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Breathing also contributes to global warming.

My original point is the fact that if Nintendo switches to swirly lightbulbs, it won't help the climate whatsoever. If you had any business sense you'd realize that you always want to go for "The best bang for your buck". In the pollution sense, we need to go Nuclear + Hydrogen. That way, the only greenhouse gasses would be from livestock... However we can't go Nuclear because it's you same libs who imposed the Coal plants in the first place.

If you really care about your carbon footprint, why do you own a PC? You know it's going to pollute the earth and poison your grandchildren. Also it uses electricity. Why do you own a car? Do you know how fucked up it is to own a car? Why do you eat food that was processed with carbon-emmitting tractors and factories. Why do you eat meat? You do know that livestock pollutes more than all transportation combined - right? Why do you wear clothes that were made in factories in china - powered by Coal plants? You know they had to be shipped here via Diesel ships. Why don't you check yourself before you start blaming everyone else. Once you go fruitarian, live in a dirt hole in the ground, and make all of your clothes yourself out of dead tree leaves i'll take you a little be more seriously (no i wont).

Give us Nuclear, and give us Hydrogen!!! Leave Nintendo alone! You're no better (or greener) than they are!

Again, if you actually read my summary you would know that I have already spoken about how to fix global warming, which is primarily done by using alternative fuel sources, and yes nuclear and hydroelectric energy.

The things you speak of, including the buying of Wiis (although it does effect green house emissions on a larger scale basis) are a miniscule worry. The things we need to worry about are mentioned in my summary.

You can sit here and argue all day and place blames but the fact is, and I'm exaggerating nothing:

1. You went from saying global warming isn't caused by man.
2. To saying Wiis don't contribute to global warming.
3. Accepting that Global Warming is a real issue (unnaturally).
4. Placing blame on me, and others and saying you don't trust me.

It becomes quite apparent that I've already gained your trust, because you already believe me about global warming. At that point, you just placed blame on me for "not doing my part". You place blame instead of accepting something you realize but won't accept.

Last edited:

F-22

And as far as owning a PC, driving a car, eating meat, and wearing clothing from overseas? I do the darn best I can with what is available for me. My PC components are used and are all ROHS certified. I gave up my 35mpg car and my 55mpg motorcycle and now carpool, take public transit(1 hr and 45min ride), walk, and bike. I get my veggies from a farmers market, and it beans and egg for protein. I proudly buy "made in USA" and if not I buy used clothing. It's the little things that we do that make a difference.

HAAHHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHA I'm not going to degrade my lifestyle to bum-status for the absolutely insignificant effect on global warming.

1. You went from saying global warming isn't caused by man.
2. To saying Wiis don't contribute to global warming.

3. Accepting that Global Warming is a real issue (unnaturally).
4. Placing blame on me, and others and saying you don't trust me.

You'd like to believe that:D I still stand that global warming isn't man-made. I want Hydrogen because I don't like giving money to the Arabs and dickhead-Chavez - and the best solution to hydrogen is Nuclear! Sorry Ravenas... I was just pointing out that since you libs are so religiously dead-set on man-made global warming, then Nuclear is your answer.

____ THIS JUST IN!!!

A complete list of things caused by global warming

Agricultural land increase, Africa devastated, African aid threatened, Africa hit hardest, air pressure changes, Alaska reshaped, allergies increase, Alps melting, Amazon a desert, American dream end, amphibians breeding earlier (or not), ancient forests dramatically changed, animals head for the hills, Antarctic grass flourishes, anxiety, algal blooms, archaeological sites threatened, Arctic bogs melt, Arctic in bloom, Arctic lakes disappear, asthma, Atlantic less salty, Atlantic more salty, atmospheric defiance, atmospheric circulation modified, attack of the killer jellyfish, avalanches reduced, avalanches increased, bananas destroyed, bananas grow, beetle infestation, bet for $10,000, better beer, big melt faster, billion dollar research projects, billions of deaths, bird distributions change, bird visitors drop, birds return early, blackbirds stop singing, blizzards, blue mussels return, bluetongue, boredom, bridge collapse (Minneapolis), Britain Siberian, British gardens change, brothels struggle, bubonic plague, budget increases, Buddhist temple threatened, building collapse, building season extension, bushfires, business opportunities, business risks, butterflies move north, cancer deaths in England, cardiac arrest, caterpillar biomass shift, challenges and opportunities, childhood insomnia, Cholera, circumcision in decline, cirrus disappearance, civil unrest, cloud increase, cloud stripping, cockroach migration, cod go south, cold climate creatures survive, cold spells (Australia), computer models, conferences, coral bleaching, coral reefs dying, coral reefs grow, coral reefs shrink , cold spells, cost of trillions, cougar attacks, cremation to end, crime increase, crocodile sex, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, cyclones (Australia), damages equivalent to $200 billion, Darfur, Dartford Warbler plague, death rate increase (US), Dengue hemorrhagic fever, dermatitis, desert advance, desert life threatened, desert retreat, destruction of the environment, diarrhoea, disappearance of coastal cities, diseases move north, Dolomites collapse, drought, drowning people, ducks and geese decline, dust bowl in the corn belt, early marriages, early spring, earlier pollen season, Earth biodiversity crisis, Earth dying, Earth even hotter, Earth light dimming, Earth lopsided, Earth melting, Earth morbid fever, Earth on fast track, Earth past point of no return, Earth slowing down, Earth spinning out of control, Earth spins faster, Earth to explode, earth upside down, Earth wobbling, earthquakes, El Niño intensification, erosion, emerging infections, encephalitis, equality threatened, Europe simultaneously baking and freezing, evolution accelerating, expansion of university climate groups, extinctions (human, civilisation, logic, Inuit, smallest butterfly, cod, ladybirds, bats, pandas, pikas, polar bears, pigmy possums, gorillas, koalas, walrus, whales, frogs, toads, turtles, orang-utan, elephants, tigers, plants, salmon, trout, wild flowers, woodlice, penguins, a million species, half of all animal and plant species, not polar bears, barrier reef, leaches), experts muzzled, extreme changes to California, fading fall foliage, famine, farmers go under, fashion disaster, fever,figurehead sacked, fir cone bonanza, fish catches drop, fish catches rise, fish stocks at risk, fish stocks decline, five million illnesses, flesh eating disease, flood patterns change, floods, floods of beaches and cities, Florida economic decline, food poisoning, food prices rise, food security threat (SA), footpath erosion, forest decline, forest expansion, frostbite, frosts, fungi fruitful, fungi invasion, games change, Garden of Eden wilts, genetic diversity decline, gene pools slashed, gingerbread houses collapse, glacial earthquakes, glacial retreat, glacial growth, glacier wrapped, global cooling, global dimming, glowing clouds, god melts, golf Masters wrecked, Gore omnipresence, grandstanding, grasslands wetter, Great Barrier Reef 95% dead, Great Lakes drop, greening of the North, Grey whales lose weight, Gulf Stream failure, habitat loss, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, harvest increase, harvest shrinkage, hay fever epidemic, hazardous waste sites breached, health of children harmed, heart disease, heart attacks and strokes (Australia), heat waves, hibernation ends too soon, hibernation ends too late, homeless 50 million, hornets, high court debates, human development faces unprecedented reversal, human fertility reduced, human health improvement, human health risk, hurricanes, hurricane reduction, hydropower problems, hyperthermia deaths, ice sheet growth, ice sheet shrinkage, illness and death, inclement weather, infrastructure failure (Canada), Inuit displacement, Inuit poisoned, Inuit suing, industry threatened, infectious diseases, inflation in China, insurance premium rises, invasion of cats, invasion of herons, invasion of midges, island disappears, islands sinking, itchier poison ivy, jellyfish explosion, Kew Gardens taxed, kitten boom, krill decline, lake and stream productivity decline, lake shrinking and growing, landslides, landslides of ice at 140 mph, lawsuits increase, lawsuit successful, lawyers' income increased (surprise surprise!), lightning related insurance claims, little response in the atmosphere, lush growth in rain forests, Lyme disease, Malaria, malnutrition, mammoth dung melt, Maple syrup shortage, marine diseases, marine food chain decimated, marine dead zone, Meaching (end of the world), megacryometeors, Melanoma, methane emissions from plants, methane burps, melting permafrost, Middle Kingdom convulses, migration, migration difficult (birds), microbes to decompose soil carbon more rapidly, monkeys on the move, Mont Blanc grows, monuments imperiled, more bad air days, more research needed, mountain (Everest) shrinking, mountains break up, mountains taller, mortality lower, mudslides, National security implications, new islands, next ice age, Nile delta damaged, no effect in India, Northwest Passage opened, nuclear plants bloom, oaks move north, ocean acidification, ocean waves speed up, opera house to be destroyed, outdoor hockey threatened, oyster diseases, ozone loss, ozone repair slowed, ozone rise, Pacific dead zone, personal carbon rationing, pest outbreaks, pests increase, phenology shifts, plankton blooms, plankton destabilised, plankton loss, plant viruses, plants march north, polar bears aggressive, polar bears cannibalistic, polar bears drowning, polar bears starve, polar tours scrapped, porpoise astray, profits collapse, psychosocial disturbances, puffin decline, railroad tracks deformed, rainfall increase, rainfall reduction, rape wave, refugees, reindeer larger, release of ancient frozen viruses, resorts disappear, rice threatened, rice yields crash, riches, rift on Capitol Hill, rioting and nuclear war, rivers dry up, river flow impacted, rivers raised, roads wear out, rockfalls, rocky peaks crack apart, roof of the world a desert, Ross river disease, ruins ruined, salinity reduction, salinity increase, Salmonella, salmon stronger, satellites accelerate, school closures, sea level rise, sea level rise faster, seals mating more, sewer bills rise, sex change, sharks booming, sharks moving north, sheep shrink, shop closures, shrinking ponds, shrinking shrine, ski resorts threatened, slow death, smaller brains, smog, snowfall increase, snowfall heavy, snowfall reduction, societal collapse, songbirds change eating habits, sour grapes, space problem, spiders invade Scotland, squid population explosion, squirrels reproduce earlier, spectacular orchids, stormwater drains stressed, street crime to increase, suicide, taxes, tectonic plate movement, teenage drinking, terrorism, threat to peace, ticks move northward (Sweden), tides rise, tourism increase, trade barriers, trade winds weakened, tree beetle attacks, tree foliage increase (UK), tree growth slowed, trees could return to Antarctic, trees in trouble, trees less colourful, trees more colourful, trees lush, tropics expansion, tropopause raised, tsunamis, turtles crash, turtles lay earlier, UK Katrina, Vampire moths, Venice flooded, volcanic eruptions, walrus displaced, walrus pups orphaned, war, wars over water, wars threaten billions, water bills double, water supply unreliability, water scarcity (20% of increase), water stress, weather out of its mind, weather patterns awry, weeds, Western aid cancelled out, West Nile fever, whales move north, wheat yields crushed in Australia, white Christmas dream ends, wildfires, wind shift, wind reduced, wine - harm to Australian industry, wine industry damage (California), wine industry disaster (US), wine - more English, wine -German boon, wine - no more French , winters in Britain colder, wolves eat more moose, wolves eat less, workers laid off, World bankruptcy, World in crisis, World in flames, Yellow fever.

and all on 0.006 deg C per year!

Last edited:
System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
HAAHHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHA I'm not going to degrade my lifestyle to bum-status for the absolutely insignificant effect on global warming.

You'd like to believe that:D I still stand that global warming isn't man-made. I want Hydrogen because I don't like giving money to the Arabs and dickhead-Chavez - and the best solution to hydrogen is Nuclear! Sorry Ravenas... I was just pointing out that since you libs are so religiously dead-set on man-made global warming, then Nuclear is your answer.

____ THIS JUST IN!!!

A complete list of things caused by global warming

Agricultural land increase, Africa devastated, African aid threatened, Africa hit hardest, air pressure changes, Alaska reshaped, allergies increase, Alps melting, Amazon a desert, American dream end, amphibians breeding earlier (or not), ancient forests dramatically changed, animals head for the hills, Antarctic grass flourishes, anxiety, algal blooms, archaeological sites threatened, Arctic bogs melt, Arctic in bloom, Arctic lakes disappear, asthma, Atlantic less salty, Atlantic more salty, atmospheric defiance, atmospheric circulation modified, attack of the killer jellyfish, avalanches reduced, avalanches increased, bananas destroyed, bananas grow, beetle infestation, bet for $10,000, better beer, big melt faster, billion dollar research projects, billions of deaths, bird distributions change, bird visitors drop, birds return early, blackbirds stop singing, blizzards, blue mussels return, bluetongue, boredom, bridge collapse (Minneapolis), Britain Siberian, British gardens change, brothels struggle, bubonic plague, budget increases, Buddhist temple threatened, building collapse, building season extension, bushfires, business opportunities, business risks, butterflies move north, cancer deaths in England, cardiac arrest, caterpillar biomass shift, challenges and opportunities, childhood insomnia, Cholera, circumcision in decline, cirrus disappearance, civil unrest, cloud increase, cloud stripping, cockroach migration, cod go south, cold climate creatures survive, cold spells (Australia), computer models, conferences, coral bleaching, coral reefs dying, coral reefs grow, coral reefs shrink , cold spells, cost of trillions, cougar attacks, cremation to end, crime increase, crocodile sex, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, cyclones (Australia), damages equivalent to $200 billion, Darfur, Dartford Warbler plague, death rate increase (US), Dengue hemorrhagic fever, dermatitis, desert advance, desert life threatened, desert retreat, destruction of the environment, diarrhoea, disappearance of coastal cities, diseases move north, Dolomites collapse, drought, drowning people, ducks and geese decline, dust bowl in the corn belt, early marriages, early spring, earlier pollen season, Earth biodiversity crisis, Earth dying, Earth even hotter, Earth light dimming, Earth lopsided, Earth melting, Earth morbid fever, Earth on fast track, Earth past point of no return, Earth slowing down, Earth spinning out of control, Earth spins faster, Earth to explode, earth upside down, Earth wobbling, earthquakes, El Niño intensification, erosion, emerging infections, encephalitis, equality threatened, Europe simultaneously baking and freezing, evolution accelerating, expansion of university climate groups, extinctions (human, civilisation, logic, Inuit, smallest butterfly, cod, ladybirds, bats, pandas, pikas, polar bears, pigmy possums, gorillas, koalas, walrus, whales, frogs, toads, turtles, orang-utan, elephants, tigers, plants, salmon, trout, wild flowers, woodlice, penguins, a million species, half of all animal and plant species, not polar bears, barrier reef, leaches), experts muzzled, extreme changes to California, fading fall foliage, famine, farmers go under, fashion disaster, fever,figurehead sacked, fir cone bonanza, fish catches drop, fish catches rise, fish stocks at risk, fish stocks decline, five million illnesses, flesh eating disease, flood patterns change, floods, floods of beaches and cities, Florida economic decline, food poisoning, food prices rise, food security threat (SA), footpath erosion, forest decline, forest expansion, frostbite, frosts, fungi fruitful, fungi invasion, games change, Garden of Eden wilts, genetic diversity decline, gene pools slashed, gingerbread houses collapse, glacial earthquakes, glacial retreat, glacial growth, glacier wrapped, global cooling, global dimming, glowing clouds, god melts, golf Masters wrecked, Gore omnipresence, grandstanding, grasslands wetter, Great Barrier Reef 95% dead, Great Lakes drop, greening of the North, Grey whales lose weight, Gulf Stream failure, habitat loss, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, harvest increase, harvest shrinkage, hay fever epidemic, hazardous waste sites breached, health of children harmed, heart disease, heart attacks and strokes (Australia), heat waves, hibernation ends too soon, hibernation ends too late, homeless 50 million, hornets, high court debates, human development faces unprecedented reversal, human fertility reduced, human health improvement, human health risk, hurricanes, hurricane reduction, hydropower problems, hyperthermia deaths, ice sheet growth, ice sheet shrinkage, illness and death, inclement weather, infrastructure failure (Canada), Inuit displacement, Inuit poisoned, Inuit suing, industry threatened, infectious diseases, inflation in China, insurance premium rises, invasion of cats, invasion of herons, invasion of midges, island disappears, islands sinking, itchier poison ivy, jellyfish explosion, Kew Gardens taxed, kitten boom, krill decline, lake and stream productivity decline, lake shrinking and growing, landslides, landslides of ice at 140 mph, lawsuits increase, lawsuit successful, lawyers' income increased (surprise surprise!), lightning related insurance claims, little response in the atmosphere, lush growth in rain forests, Lyme disease, Malaria, malnutrition, mammoth dung melt, Maple syrup shortage, marine diseases, marine food chain decimated, marine dead zone, Meaching (end of the world), megacryometeors, Melanoma, methane emissions from plants, methane burps, melting permafrost, Middle Kingdom convulses, migration, migration difficult (birds), microbes to decompose soil carbon more rapidly, monkeys on the move, Mont Blanc grows, monuments imperiled, more bad air days, more research needed, mountain (Everest) shrinking, mountains break up, mountains taller, mortality lower, mudslides, National security implications, new islands, next ice age, Nile delta damaged, no effect in India, Northwest Passage opened, nuclear plants bloom, oaks move north, ocean acidification, ocean waves speed up, opera house to be destroyed, outdoor hockey threatened, oyster diseases, ozone loss, ozone repair slowed, ozone rise, Pacific dead zone, personal carbon rationing, pest outbreaks, pests increase, phenology shifts, plankton blooms, plankton destabilised, plankton loss, plant viruses, plants march north, polar bears aggressive, polar bears cannibalistic, polar bears drowning, polar bears starve, polar tours scrapped, porpoise astray, profits collapse, psychosocial disturbances, puffin decline, railroad tracks deformed, rainfall increase, rainfall reduction, rape wave, refugees, reindeer larger, release of ancient frozen viruses, resorts disappear, rice threatened, rice yields crash, riches, rift on Capitol Hill, rioting and nuclear war, rivers dry up, river flow impacted, rivers raised, roads wear out, rockfalls, rocky peaks crack apart, roof of the world a desert, Ross river disease, ruins ruined, salinity reduction, salinity increase, Salmonella, salmon stronger, satellites accelerate, school closures, sea level rise, sea level rise faster, seals mating more, sewer bills rise, sex change, sharks booming, sharks moving north, sheep shrink, shop closures, shrinking ponds, shrinking shrine, ski resorts threatened, slow death, smaller brains, smog, snowfall increase, snowfall heavy, snowfall reduction, societal collapse, songbirds change eating habits, sour grapes, space problem, spiders invade Scotland, squid population explosion, squirrels reproduce earlier, spectacular orchids, stormwater drains stressed, street crime to increase, suicide, taxes, tectonic plate movement, teenage drinking, terrorism, threat to peace, ticks move northward (Sweden), tides rise, tourism increase, trade barriers, trade winds weakened, tree beetle attacks, tree foliage increase (UK), tree growth slowed, trees could return to Antarctic, trees in trouble, trees less colourful, trees more colourful, trees lush, tropics expansion, tropopause raised, tsunamis, turtles crash, turtles lay earlier, UK Katrina, Vampire moths, Venice flooded, volcanic eruptions, walrus displaced, walrus pups orphaned, war, wars over water, wars threaten billions, water bills double, water supply unreliability, water scarcity (20% of increase), water stress, weather out of its mind, weather patterns awry, weeds, Western aid cancelled out, West Nile fever, whales move north, wheat yields crushed in Australia, white Christmas dream ends, wildfires, wind shift, wind reduced, wine - harm to Australian industry, wine industry damage (California), wine industry disaster (US), wine - more English, wine -German boon, wine - no more French , winters in Britain colder, wolves eat more moose, wolves eat less, workers laid off, World bankruptcy, World in crisis, World in flames, Yellow fever.

and all on 0.006 deg C per year!

You cannot be helped! :toast:

Greatpumkin628

Processor 3700 Clawhammer @2.65
Motherboard Abit KV8Pro
Cooling Blue Orb II
Memory OCZ Platinum 2-2-2-5
Video Card(s) X1950 Pro 512 AGP @630 &1490
Storage 2x36 Raptors Raid O + 80 WD Caviar
Display(s) IBM 21" CRT
Case Antec Super Lan
Audio Device(s) X-FI Gamer
Power Supply Aspire 500w
Software XP
Archive those posts and in 20 years we can laugh at the chicken little's with thier Global warming hysteria and junk science. Good greif.

F-22 you are crazy trying to argue with the little global warming anti-American brownshirtistas and their mind numbed programming. I'll buy you a beer anytime you're in Chicago.

Oh, and that will be a COLD beer. courtesy of non-cfc compliant reefer circa 1963.

Didn't know our economy was so fu**ed up either. Really just a socialist movement that enviro-whacko stuff. Notice all the commies are hiding out under thier banners now?

Last edited:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
When an issue enters the eco-political arena, but sides stack their decks with scientific data that supports their agenda and attempts to discredit the other side.

Usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In time the truth will come out and both sides will claim victory as they twist and spin the symantics of what was said in the past.

Regardless of global warming or which side you take on it, it is still not a wise idea to trash the only planet on which you have to live.
I am not an enviro-whacko, tree-hugging, save every last bug type of person, but some of the corporate pollution being dumped in the lakes and rivers of the US is disgusting.
I am not suggesting that everyone give up their SUVs or that we sign the Kyoto treaty (which is total BS if you actually take the time to read it), but I think we, as a country, can do better.

Just my 2 cents.

Greatpumkin628

Processor 3700 Clawhammer @2.65
Motherboard Abit KV8Pro
Cooling Blue Orb II
Memory OCZ Platinum 2-2-2-5
Video Card(s) X1950 Pro 512 AGP @630 &1490
Storage 2x36 Raptors Raid O + 80 WD Caviar
Display(s) IBM 21" CRT
Case Antec Super Lan
Audio Device(s) X-FI Gamer
Power Supply Aspire 500w
Software XP
Why the US continues to be the focus of this is what irks me. India, China, and the developing world with practically NO environmental policies and FAR worse pollution should be more the focus. Of course we should all do our best. DNR in Wisconsin is extremely aggressive, and I am confident the US is leading in this. Check the Potomac against the Thames and the Indus any day.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
When an issue enters the eco-political arena, but sides stack their decks with scientific data that supports their agenda and attempts to discredit the other side.

Usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In time the truth will come out and both sides will claim victory as they twist and spin the symantics of what was said in the past.

Regardless of global warming or which side you take on it, it is still not a wise idea to trash the only planet on which you have to live.
I am not an enviro-whacko, tree-hugging, save every last bug type of person, but some of the corporate pollution being dumped in the lakes and rivers of the US is disgusting.
I am not suggesting that everyone give up their SUVs or that we sign the Kyoto treaty (which is total BS if you actually take the time to read it), but I think we, as a country, can do better.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm talking scientific fact here, not something in the middle. I haven't talked about CO2 levels, I'm just telling it how it is.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I'm talking scientific fact here, not something in the middle. I haven't talked about CO2 levels, I'm just telling it how it is.

The only problem is that there is not a concensus in the scientific communittee to support some of the statements that you made in your summary.

In any event, for every article you could site as a reference I could site an opposing view with supportive data (this for instance).

I do not wish to argue the causation of global warming, but my last statements still stands.
A cleaner earth is a better earth.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
I more than guarantee you that the majority of researchers with a doctorate (PhD) in the science field, that are working for a university will agree with my summary. I attended many debates at my university and there is a MAJOR agreement with the summary, furthermore, that summary came from what I listened to in their debates.

F-22

This is how most logical thinkers are. Common Sense > Scientifict Theory intwined with political agendas.

Didn't know our economy was so fu**ed up either. Really just a socialist movement that enviro-whacko stuff. Notice all the commies are hiding out under thier banners now?
It isn't. Gold was at $820 a week ago. The Feds are printing USD like mad. Now this week Gold is $800. We sould be inflating.... Nope. Cheap Dollar = export surge! America F*CK YEAH!

Last edited: