• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No more Dolby Digital live from external Creative X-Fi 5.1 Pro

RandomDude

Hey guys.

It's been a while since I did not use my external sound card on my laptop. The last time I used it, the Dolby Digital Live function was working perfectly, but now it only outputs pcm stereo over usb.

I've got an Asus Rog G72VS laptop with a Realtek chipset. I only use the Realtek chipset when I want to use my onboard speakers.

My X-FI was used to output DDL for my games. The X-FI is connected to my laptop via USB, then it's either connected through optical cable to a small Onkyo 5.1 amp when I play on desktop or connected to a Denon through optical cable when I want to play on my TV.
The configuration doest output PCM 2.0 but doesn't output Dolby Digital Live anymore.
When I go to the creative console and want to tick "DDL", I can't. It ticks the box then reverts to normal. It's the same when I go in the sound properties.

Do you guys have any clue to what I could do ? I've checked the "Creative microphone settings fix" and it was "on". So that mic fix is not going to work for me! I sent an email to creative but they didn't reply nor acknowledged the mail.

Cheers for your input guys.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

RandomDude

Thanks for your reply mate but that's what I did. And nobody was able to help me out. The creative support never replied as well :v

For all Sound Blaster X-fi Surround Pro fans good news! Dolby digital live and DTS Interactive working on Windows 10 v1909!!
Here is driver links:

xfi ddl dts.jpg

Hello
Is it possible to use my sound blaster z audio card with the sound blaster connect application?