• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No signal !

stumpyxxx

What do you mean by this? When you leave the BIOS and enter Windows?

That motherboard doesn't have integrated Wifi, so you have to have an ethernet cable plugged in. If you do, it's possible the ethernet port is disabled, either in device manager in Windows or in the BIOS (then it won't show in device manager).
What I meant when I said "I leave Bios then restart the computer and enter windows 7" was I am using a hard drive from my other computer which is hardly been used, just 223 GB out of 1000 GB, which already has windows 7 on it which appears to be working ok.

What do you mean by this? When you leave the BIOS and enter Windows?

That motherboard doesn't have integrated Wifi, so you have to have an ethernet cable plugged in. If you do, it's possible the ethernet port is disabled, either in device manager in Windows or in the BIOS (then it won't show in device manager).
I have an ethernet cable already plugged in. So If It's not in the device manager how do I activate the ethernet port in the BIOS?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Using a drive with an Operating System on it, from another build is never a good idea.
Too many variables like Chipset and drivers come in to play which can cause issues such as you are finding.
You should do a clean install of the Operating System and download all necessary drivers (Chipset, Audio, Ethernet etc) from the Motherboard manufacturers website for your particular model, on to a USB stick using another computer connected to the internet.

stumpyxxx

Using a drive with an Operating System on it, from another build is never a good idea.
Too many variables like Chipset and drivers come in to play which can cause issues such as you are finding.
You should do a clean install of the Operating System and download all necessary drivers (Chipset, Audio, Ethernet etc) from the Motherboard manufacturers website for your particular model, on to a USB stick using another computer connected to the internet.
H'i again Caring1
I've downloaded Chipset, Audio, Lan, and utility on and off onto an external hard drive, as I haven't got a spare USB stick. Hope that's ok. I don't know what to do next, and is there any way I can do what you said, without losing my files and photos, etc.

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
H'i again Caring1
I've downloaded Chipset, Audio, Lan, and utility on and off onto an external hard drive, as I haven't got a spare USB stick. Hope that's ok. I don't know what to do next, and is there any way I can do what you said, without losing my files and photos, etc.
You'd have to back up your files, you say you have an external drive so if that has enough capacity that should do. Transfer all your stuff onto that, then install Windows from scratch, and transfer your stuff back.
For the drivers, they're most likely .exe files packed in a .zip or .rar, right? So you'd have to pack them out (Windows 10 has a built in tool to open .zip files, but I recommend using 7Zip) and then run the .exe file to install them.

stumpyxxx

You'd have to back up your files, you say you have an external drive so if that has enough capacity that should do. Transfer all your stuff onto that, then install Windows from scratch, and transfer your stuff back.
For the drivers, they're most likely .exe files packed in a .zip or .rar, right? So you'd have to pack them out (Windows 10 has a built in tool to open .zip files, but I recommend using 7Zip) and then run the .exe file to install them.
H'i kajay,
Let me just say thanks for taking an interest, it's most appreciated. Believe me, I need all the help I can get.
Right my first problem is this new build won't let me transfer my files, photos, etc. I can't get it to recognize my external hard drive, or USB sticks, or anything I put into any of the USB drives. Just after I boot up, It says this windows 7 is not genuine, and then goes into safe mode, and tells me to purchase a product key.
Well, I have got a new Windows 7 complete with a product key ready to install when I'm ready, but like you said I need to transfer my files first. I even tried putting the hard drive back into the computer it came from. I'm stuck, I don't know what else to do. I can't do it through easy window transfer because I can't get on the internet until I download the drivers. I've got myself into a right mess