• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

noblechairs EPIC, HERO, and ICON Gaming Chairs: The Black Edition

noblechairs sent us the new models of their EPIC, HERO, and ICON lines with several interesting changes and very nice, eco-friendly upholstery. Their price tags are not affordable, but you should always keep in mind that a good chair is an investment in your health and can also increase your productivity, or your gaming performance.

Show full review

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
My thoughts...

Explain DIN1335, I can only find -2 and there's many different versions of it by year. 2019 says 8hrs by ppl up to 110kg.

What are the rated weight capacities?

Typical Germans there's always expensive accessories to buy... LoL

Typical racer buckets, I don't see any lumbar adjustment. Do you have to add pillows?

Only the Hero models have lumbar adjustment.

noblechairs claim compatibility with those standards: DIN EN 1335 (no clear mention on the version) and ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 2011

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Only the Hero models have lumbar adjustment.

noblechairs claim compatibility with those standards: DIN EN 1335 (no clear mention on the version) and ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 2011

Thanks sir!

System Name VENTURI
Processor Dual Xeon 8280L 56 cores /112HT
Motherboard Asus c621e Sage, Version 2.1, bios 9906
Cooling Air, noctua, heatsinks, silent/low noise, phanteks T-30
Memory 1.5TB 2933mhz LRDIMM ECC REG
Video Card(s) 2x 3090 Ti FE RTX SLI
Storage Rocket 8TB and 4x Micron 9300 (51.2 TB) Raid
Display(s) Asus ProArt PAU32UCG-K
Case TT miniITX P1 (SFF)
Audio Device(s) harmon Kardon speakers
Power Supply 1600 AXi digital (silent)
Mouse TT BMW LM10
Keyboard Corsair
Software MS 2022 Data Center Server, Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores GravityMark 79,822
UNCANNY how they are all knock off designs of all three PORSCHE 911 option order sheet. Shape looks like a clone. Example 2011-2012 PORSCHE Turbo S and Carrera S and 4S order sheet. Clones

I'm surprised that they did not give credit to PORSCHE for the copying.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Up to 150Kg capacity, that's pretty good.

They look great when new but they don't hold up. I bought a Noble Icon a little over a year ago and metal pieces have started to pierce through the cushion and material causing stabbing a cutting wounds. I have bled multiple times due to the faults in this chair. To me that is unacceptable for a chair this expensive. I don't recommend and I think you may be far better off investing in a quality built product from the likes of Steelcase or Herman Miller.

Last edited:

stiglite

They look great when new but they don't hold up. I bought a Noble Icon a little over a year ago and metal pieces have started to pierce through the cushion and material causing stabbing a cutting wounds. I have bled multiple times due to the faults in this chair. To me that is unacceptable for a chair this expensive. I don't recommend and I think you may be far better off investing in a quality built product from the likes of Steelcase or Herman Miller.

I have had the Noble Icon chair for well over a year and its like new condition. What part of the cushion are metal parts coming through? I pressed my thumb pretty hard to find anything that might be able to poke through the cushion and back rest with no luck. The cushion is pretty thick, dense and didn't seem to degrade in anyway.

Personally this has been the best chair I have ever owned and I do recommend it. The only minor issue with the chair is the armrest tops have more play than I would like, but been holding up well.

I have had the Noble Icon chair for well over a year and its like new condition. What part of the cushion are metal parts coming through? I pressed my thumb pretty hard to find anything that might be able to poke through the cushion and back rest with no luck. The cushion is pretty thick, dense and didn't seem to degrade in anyway.

Personally this has been the best chair I have ever owned and I do recommend it. The only minor issue with the chair is the armrest tops have more play than I would like, but been holding up well.

Left and right side of the front of the cushion, would be right behind your knees.
IMG_0147.jpg

Why don't you send it back?

It is over a year old, the return policy was 30 days, and there is no information on warranty length anywhere regarding the product, so I assume it is 90 days to maybe 1 year max.

JamsCB

It is over a year old, the return policy was 30 days, and there is no information on warranty length anywhere regarding the product, so I assume it is 90 days to maybe 1 year max.

I have had my ICON for a couple years, and it's still like new as well. From what I can see from their website, the warranty is two years, though it looks like after six months the burden of proof that it was a defect of manufacture is on you (German law). Definitely contact them about it.

I have had my ICON for a couple years, and it's still like new as well. From what I can see from their website, the warranty is two years, though it looks like after six months the burden of proof that it was a defect of manufacture is on you (German law). Definitely contact them about it.

Thanks, I will send them a message.

In Europe, all warranty periods are set to two years, by law.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yet another set of "gaming" chairs modeled after racing car bucket seats with near-zero thought of ergonomics in the design. Thanks, but I'll pass. For the same money I'd much rather get something like an Autonomous ErgoChair 2. Better looks and better ergonomics, what's not to like?

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
I get the terrible design, they want to sell to a "gaming" crowd but these companies NEED to stop putting holes in headrests and making the protruding side flanks that roll your shoulders forward. Nobody wants rest their head on a hard plastic hole cutout..

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I get the terrible design, they want to sell to a "gaming" crowd but these companies NEED to stop putting holes in headrests and making the protruding side flanks that roll your shoulders forward. Nobody wants rest their head on a hard plastic hole cutout..
Straight to the comments.
Did you even read the review, look at the chairs?

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
OK, now that finally seems like a proper chair. Glad to see some of the quality that has been available for ages for offices make its way into "gaming" chairs.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Its really simple, you avoid these products by default. Why?

It has the word "Gaming" in it. Gaming has nothing to do with proper seating, standards, best practices. This chair proves it, using PU leather that dies much earlier than the rest of the product. Its the worst material choice for longevity. Vegan PU... no difference, minus the lack of carcinogenic microplastics that come off, (they're not carcinogenic now, but still come off) but thanks for accommodating the hispters. Its a choice of evils too in how you use the material. They can perforate it... but that weakens the cushion as can be seen by the pic from @Litzner ... I understand why they give limited warranty. Its obvious that part of the chair will suffer increased friction, and being perforated PU it will wrinkle and rip open after a few times. Its a composite material, and like most of those, they deteriorate too. Or you can NOT perforate it, and that guarantees a sweaty bum. Lovely!

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole, especially not at 399,00. At 250-300 bucks you get a second hand, good condition, high quality, real office chair that actually does adhere to ergonomy standards.

Seriously questioning TPU in pushing these chairs every single time, as if its somehow noteworthy (Recommendation badges and all... wtf?!). Its a 13 in a dozen sports car mimicking chair, I seriously cannot fathom why this design gained ground in this market. I mean, sure, you look like you're in a simulator of some sort... but what's the god damn point?

Last edited:

First post. Noble employee or reseller?

These are as expensive as some of the top Herman Miller SKUs, and nearly as expensive as some of the higher Wagner SKUs.

You literally have to be out of your mind to buy these.

twerk

First post. Noble employee or reseller?

These are as expensive as some of the top Herman Miller SKUs, and nearly as expensive as some of the higher Wagner SKUs.

You literally have to be out of your mind to buy these.
May I ask where you can get Herman Millers for £350? I've always wanted an Aeron or similar but they are around £1000.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Its really simple, you avoid these products by default. Why?

It has the word "Gaming" in it. Gaming has nothing to do with proper seating, standards, best practices. This chair proves it, using PU leather that dies much earlier than the rest of the product. Its the worst material choice for longevity. Vegan PU... no difference, minus the lack of carcinogenic microplastics that come off, (they're not carcinogenic now, but still come off) but thanks for accommodating the hispters. Its a choice of evils too in how you use the material. They can perforate it... but that weakens the cushion as can be seen by the pic from @Litzner ... I understand why they give limited warranty. Its obvious that part of the chair will suffer increased friction, and being perforated PU it will wrinkle and rip open after a few times. Its a composite material, and like most of those, they deteriorate too. Or you can NOT perforate it, and that guarantees a sweaty bum. Lovely!

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole, especially not at 399,00. At 250-300 bucks you get a second hand, good condition, high quality, real office chair that actually does adhere to ergonomy standards.

Seriously questioning TPU in pushing these chairs every single time, as if its somehow noteworthy (Recommendation badges and all... wtf?!). Its a 13 in a dozen sports car mimicking chair, I seriously cannot fathom why this design gained ground in this market. I mean, sure, you look like you're in a simulator of some sort... but what's the god damn point?
I have“racing bucket” that is now well over 15 years old now I bought on an Auction site before it became the defacto “gaming chair“ shape. of course being PU I’ve now nicknamed it “Old Crumbly” and I recently tried to replace it with something newer. I have sciatica so no matter what after enough time my ass goes numb. Well the “new” chair will end up on a buy and sell because I’m back on ”Old Crumbly” because I can sit it in longer.it actually has lumbar built in (strap on pillows are terrible) I’m kinda torn on where to go if even Noble is churning out junk.
3C01D37C-4107-497A-9BFA-A5E3E9589CEA.jpeg

May I ask where you can get Herman Millers for £350? I've always wanted an Aeron or similar but they are around £1000.

You did look at the price of the most expensive versions of these Noble chairs, didn't you? I guess not. They're no better quality than the cheapest ones ... and they cost as much as HM or various other high quality office chairs. At the lower part of the price scale (still far too high), you're still always better off going with an office chair.

If the 1k Nobles were around $200 / €200, and their cheapest SKUs mentioned here well below the €150 / $150 mark, then they could be a reasonable value proposition. The design and build quality doesn't warrant a higher price tag.

I picked up a Wagner Titan Ltd for €1150 a few years ago. The 'top' Noble is nearly as expensive. It's a joke. Wagner are the absolute best you can buy IMO.

Last edited:
I didn't know about the Wagner brand. We will contact them to see if we can get a product and compare it with the typical gaming chairs. Problem is that most of these vendors are not so willing to send review samples (e.g., Herman Miller). Personally I use an Ergohuman with mesh (the best material for chair use) which might be old (6-7 years) but still looks like new.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I didn't know about the Wagner brand. We will contact them to see if we can get a product and compare it with the typical gaming chairs. Problem is that most of these vendors are not so willing to send review samples (e.g., Herman Miller). Personally I use an Ergohuman with mesh (the best material for chair use) which might be old (6-7 years) but still looks like new.

That would be an extremely interesting comparison for sure!