1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

noob need ur help chosing the right cooler !!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by wesso, Aug 21, 2005.

1. wesso New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi every 1, will the title says it all and my card ATI AIW 9800 PRO 128MB

i m realy confused between these two
    Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 1 Rev. 2 and Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3

both support 9800 but not sure about the (AIW) beside i want silencer 1 rev.2 becouse it has passive cooler for the rams at the backside which VGA rev.3 doesnt have

can someone confirm if S1 REV2 is okey for AIW9800 ?

thnx

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Baum

Baum

Thanks Received:
    ArcticCooling VGA silencer Rev. 3
    (VGA-Silencer 3)

Suitable for ATI RadeOn 9500-9800 (pro/AIW/XT/SE) not 9800XT and nVidia GeForce 3 Ti
    [​IMG]

ArcticCooling ATI Silencer 1 Rev.2
    (Silencer 1 Rev2)

ATI 9500 - 9700 (SE, Pro, XT), ATI 9800 (SE, Pro), ATI X600 - X700 (Pro, XT, AIW)

[​IMG]

As you can see in my signature i've got an 9800 Aiw and I choosed VGA Silencer Rev3. because the ramsinks from the new Ati Silencer 1 Rev.2 are made of al and it's not that good.
    VGA Silencer is cheaper because it's older and for an 9800 AIW it's enought,
    i would buy additional Ramsinks if need them when i would like to overclock, because your ram underneath the Silencer is covered but not cooled.
    If you buy the VGA Silencer then make sure that the rev is 2 or higher because on the 9800AIW you need a special hole because of some components.
    [​IMG]

Buy VGA Silencer and additional BGA-Ram cooler made of copper!

Link to Arctic Cooling Silencers

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. wesso New Member

Thanks Received:
    thnnx a lot i just palced order for VGA silincer 3 and ram coolers :rolleyes:

10 Year Member at TPU