• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Normal temps or is this way too high?

mspanhel

Recently upgraded my GPU and have started paying proper attention to my temps. Wondering if you think these temps are okay or too high, and what I can do to lower them if i need to?

Attached photo of my build, screenshot from Corsair iCue and screenshots from CPUID HWMonitor (running for ~48 hours).
At the time the screenshots were taken the PC is running VMWare Horizon client and general web browsing. My concern is that the GPU idles around the 48-50 Celscius mark and the CPU is sitting at 55 degrees at 16% utilisation. When I play Assassins Creed Syndicate the GPU Temp will go up to 72 degrees while reaching 100-110 FPS, playing COD: CW GPU will sit around 65 degrees at 80-90 FPS.
I am looking to replace my case with the new Corsair 4000D Airflow as I realise the 280x is notorious for airflow issues but keen to see if you think i can make any more adjustments to fix these temps.

I have the AIO Pump set to "balanced" in iCUE and the fans set to "quiet", front case fans are managed via SIV, screenshot of set curve attached.

Recently replaced my RAM from Corsair Vengeance to the G.Skill as PC was crashing every few days so replaced to see if this was the issue, seems to be okay so far.

Case: Corsair Crystal 280x - front glass and top filter removed to assist airflow
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Mini-ITX AORUS Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Corsair H100i Platinum AIO cooler - Rad mounted to top for exhaust
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS NVIDIA RTX 3070 Master 8G
RAM: 2 x G.Skill F4-3200C16-16GVK
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650W Gold Fully Modular Power Supply
Case Fans - 2x Corsair LL120 in the front for intake, 2x Corsair ML120 on AIO Rad for exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_9597.jpg
    IMG_9597.jpg
    937.3 KB · Views: 250
  • iCUE.PNG
    iCUE.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 293
  • HWMonitor1.PNG
    HWMonitor1.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 305
  • HWMonitor2.PNG
    HWMonitor2.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 245
  • SIV.PNG
    SIV.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
Your idle is just tad bit high for me but nothing you need to concern yourself with. Others might consider it normal.

Your max load though seems rather low so that's great for you. Try to keep it under 90-100C. At 110-120C is where you should be freaking out to your mommy!!!

All in all, you seems to have better temp then most other users. Good for you...
With that said, you also have much room to improve on overclocking, if you are into that sort of thing.

mspanhel

Your idle is just tad bit high for me but nothing you need to concern yourself with. Others might consider it normal.

Your max load though seems rather low so that's great for you. Try to keep it under 90-100C. At 110-120C is where you should be freaking out to your mommy!!!

All in all, you seems to have better temp then most other users. Good for you...
With that said, you also have much room to improve on overclocking, if you are into that sort of thing.

thank you!
I've not delved into overclocking really but if my current temps are okay maybe it's something I'll look into to see how it improves my gaming experience :cool:

Reactions: Rei

mspanhel

so bit of an update here - I've downloaded MSI Afterburner to see what I can get out of the 3070 - I've got Power Lim and Temp Lim set to Max and Core Clock set to +100, if I bump up the memory clock the GPU crashes mid run on 3D Mark Time Spy (non extreme). Any advice here for what I can do or try? I initially tried bumping the mem clock to 500, crashed, lowered to 250, crashed, lowered to 150, still crashed :(

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5S
Memory Micron Ballistix Sports LT 3000 8G*4
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming
Storage Adata SX6000 Pro 512G, Kingston A2000 1T
Display(s) Gigabyte M32Q
Case Antec DF700 Flux
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Ducky ONE 2 Horizon
I don't think you can do much with the memory clock if it crashes like that, the 3070 Master should have the core and memory already overclocked a lot