• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Not seeing wireless lappy

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Heres what is going on... I have 3 systems on my home network two desktops one running XP home one runing Vista 32 bit, and one laptop that is wireless. The laptop is runing XP pro. On the network the 2 running XP are seeing one another fine, but the system running Vista does not see the wireless lappy. The Vista system does see the other hardwired XP desktop.
Questions are: Why is the Vista system not seeing the wireless lappy running XP, but can see the desktop system runing the same? Is there something that needs to be enabled for the Vista system to see wireless devices conected to the network?

Thanks guys :respect:

Alvin34

RE: Not seeing wireless lappy!!

Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.
Thanks a lot!

Processor FX-8350
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Video Card(s) XFX 7870
Storage 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB storage
Display(s) Asus 27" IPS, Samsung 23" secondary
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Power Supply Corsair 650w
Software Win7 Ultimate
Make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup/domain. To check you can right click my computer, select properties, and check the name tab.

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
What kind of laptop, and what type of wireless hw/sw are you running? Also, are you positive the wlan is enabled on the lappy?