1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nV News Reviews the EVGA Geforce GTX 460 Superclocked

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by ragejg, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ragejg

ragejg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought you guys might like to see this; I got it published on launch day, albeit just barely.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152967

FWIW it's probably one of the only reviews that uses uses an AMD instead of superfast/expensive Intel setup. Not that that makes it better, but I thought it fitting to review a performance segment video card in a performance segment motherboard/CPU setup. Yes I fully understand the concept of CPU limitation, but I don't agree with using $300 CPUs and $200 motherboards with $200 graphics cards.

I was kinda blown away by how strong the little bugger felt vs. the GTX 465 and HD 5830. That coupled with its quietness and coolness makes it in my opinion a great buy.

I had made a thread here and at NV News, [H] and rage3d asking folks what their needs/wants were regarding GF104. I was actually able to use the data I collected in the review... So thanks, techpowerup, for contributing.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    I like the fact that they used a CPU that wasnt the greatest and actually gave about avg to mid range gamer performance comparisons.

ragejg says thanks.
  3. ragejg

ragejg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would have used my x3 @ x4 rig instead, but the x3 rig had an install on it that was in great shape with pretty much all of my games installed already. Besides, the x3 @ 3.6 ghz just about matches the x3 @ x4 @ 3.1 anyway.

4. ragejg

ragejg New Member

Thanks Received:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2286741#post2286741

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010