• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Adds Telemetry to Latest Drivers; Here's How to Disable It

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Let's do this analogy to make it simpler. You bought an expensive house from nvidia. Its all cool and high-tech. But one time you were prompted that you cant get inside your house without them installing surveilance camera on your house.

With what you are saying, since you are not an important person, it is okay for anyone to put cameras in your house.

You are all missing the point unfortunately , I turn off every piece of software I can find that I suspect is sending data. But I am aware of the following : there is still a ton of stuff that is still sending data that I do not know of and secondly everything I do on the internet is being tracked and recorded as well. So essentially I am wasting my time and so are you all. We all try of course , but for what ? To hide from who ? From sites/companies using data for marketing purposes or to improve their products ? So yeah , it can be used for shady stuff too , but hasn't this been the case since the down of time ? Every piece of knowledge can be used for the better or for the worse. I know a lot of this is harmless , this Nvidia crap probably too. People get blackmailed , scammed took advantage of and spied on by who in most cases ? Other people like us going out of their way to do it , not corporations like Nvidia, they don't bother with that.

Everyone's concern with this is understandable , but guess what : you can't do anything significant about it , it's not even about regulations and morality , that's how the internet and technology works. Come up with a revolutionary concept we want one , till then we are wasting our time. It's called the information age for a reason.

Who says it's OK , I am not saying that , I am saying most of this stuff is greatly exaggerated.

I am going to say it again for the third time. No one is forcing you to agree to this , plug the cord or to get in line with the house analogies , don't buy the house.

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Let's do this analogy to make it simpler. You bought an expensive house from nvidia. Its all cool and high-tech. But one time you were prompted that you cant get inside your house without them installing surveilance camera on your house.

With what you are saying, since you are not an important person, it is okay for anyone to put cameras in your house.
Actually, he's more saying that since you can't provide anyone directly close to you that it affected, that it shouldn't matter at all.

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5800x
Motherboard B550i Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Custom Cooling
Memory 32Gb Patriot Viper 3600 RGB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ventus Trio OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO
Display(s) Specterpro 34uw100
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Well it looks like you get the point as well. I am aware there are tons of other applications out there that sends data all the time. But the idea is to be informed that they are indeed gathering data from you before you buy their product.

I bought my 1070 before they started this shennanigan it was working before they started this telemetry stuff. I find no reason for them to do this without my consent.

I am not hiding anything from anyone but that doesn't mean I am willing to let them snoop in my business without a warrant and/or my consent.

And unplugging the ethernet cord is not the solution. You cant nuke every problem away.

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Actually, he's more saying that since you can't provide anyone directly close to you that it affected.

Well, can any of you do that ? Maybe I am wrong and people are affected to a great extent and I have been lucky.

And unplugging the ethernet cord is not the solution. You cant nuke every problem away.

Of course you can't nuke it , you wont unplug it and neither will I. Even though we have different wishes and opinions there isn't much of a choice is there ? Nuke it or let it be.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Well, can any of you do that ? Maybe I am wrong and people are affected to a great extent and I have been lucky.

This response just proves you're missing the point.

What if it had happened to you? Would it still be ok, and blown out of proportion?

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
This response just proves you're missing the point.

What if it had happened to you? Would it still be ok, and blown out of proportion?

Damn , we are all missing the point.

I simply asked if this is something that's affecting people , I don't know if will affect me or what would happen if it would, but as of now it didn't. And if this is the same for everyone else then we have problem , because we're just speculating on something.

I know what you're point is. You don't want anyone to spy on you , whether you have been informed of it or not to any degree whatsoever. Great , who would want that.

Now here's my point : you are out of luck.

Last edited:
System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
You make the mistake that everyone else this concerned about privacy does, that you believe you are important. You are not , nor am I or anyone else for that matter.

If I'm not important, then why would anyone bother tracking me? Why would Google or Microsoft or whoever care to "tailor" ads to me? You're weighting "important" the wrong way. Statistically, yes, an individual's data is more-or-less insignificant, but that does not mean that my data is not important, my data can be used against me in any of the numerous ways I've linked in my previous post and more. To me, it is important, because whatever they do with this data, even if pooled together under a single label with others similar to me, it affects me. To those like me who get grouped on the bad end of the profiling spectrum, it is important. And to whatever less-ethical or borderline-criminal activities that target the said profile, it is important.

At the end of the day I keep using my computer without much worries even though I am aware my data gets collected. So I am asking you this : if you and everyone else are so concerned about this , why are you not unplugging the cord ? I know why , because none of you really care since nothing of importance ever happened to stop you from using the internet. So until it will , I'll consider that you just simply pretend to care. That's my take on it , your opinion is your opinion.

This isn't an either-or situation. We, or at least I, may be concerned about privacy, we do acknowledge the benefits of the web as well. We never called for an end to ads, telemetry, data collection, etc, we want the choice to be left alone. Firewalls, ad blockers, VPNs, anti-trackers and the gazillions of security/privacy related guides and tricks exist for that reason, to make using the internet as private as possible.

I don't just pretend to care, I act upon my believes. Windows 10 phones home 24/7? Stick to Win7. Chrome forwards all your queries to Google? Ditch it and use Firefox. Nvidia drivers sends telemetry without asking? Follow guides such as this thread to stop it. Facebook is being an anti-privacy hell? Clear the EXIF tags of any images you upload, restrict access to it to a configured browser only, don't upload an sensitive data to it. People on the internet tell you privacy doesn't exist? Rant the hell out of them!

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Well it looks like you get the point as well. I am aware there are tons of other applications out there that sends data all the time. But the idea is to be informed that they are indeed gathering data from you before you buy their product.

I bought my 1070 before they started this shennanigan it was working before they started this telemetry stuff. I find no reason for them to do this without my consent.

I am not hiding anything from anyone but that doesn't mean I am willing to let them snoop in my business without a warrant and/or my consent.

Yeah, duh! Well said. That bollocks of if you've got nothing to hide... has been debunked.

And exactly, a modern computer in a modern setting is virtually useless without a network connection and internet access, so unplugging the network cable is a non-starter. These companies know this which is why they take advantage like this.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
If I'm not important, then why would anyone bother tracking me? Why would Google or Microsoft or whoever care to "tailor" ads to me? You're weighting "important" the wrong way. Statistically, yes, an individual's data is more-or-less insignificant, but that does not mean that my data is not important, my data can be used against me in any of the numerous ways I've linked in my previous post and more. To me, it is important, because whatever they do with this data, even if pooled together under a single label with others similar to me, it affects me. To those like me who get grouped on the bad end of the profiling spectrum, it is important. And to whatever less-ethical or borderline-criminal activities that target the said profile, it is important.

This isn't an either-or situation. We, or at least I, may be concerned about privacy, we do acknowledge the benefits of the web as well. We never called for an end to ads, telemetry, data collection, etc, we want the choice to be left alone. Firewalls, ad blockers, VPNs, anti-trackers and the gazillions of security/privacy related guides and tricks exist for that reason, to make using the internet as private as possible.

I don't just pretend to care, I act upon my believes. Windows 10 phones home 24/7? Stick to Win7. Chrome forwards all your queries to Google? Ditch it and use Firefox. Nvidia drivers sends telemetry without asking? Follow guides such as this thread to stop it. Facebook is being an anti-privacy hell? Clear the EXIF tags of any images you upload, restrict access to it to a configured browser only, don't upload an sensitive data to it. People on the internet tell you privacy doesn't exist? Rant the hell out of them!

And I am telling you that what you exhibit is nothing more than a form of paranoia. That's what I believe.

You are also fighting a lost cause. By all means , do as you like you have all the rights to do so. You're not affecting me in any way. We are just exposing our opinions on this matter at the end of the day. We are also not having any impact on it , unfortunately.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
And I am telling you that what you exhibit is nothing more than a form of paranoia. That's what I believe.

You are also fighting a lost cause. By all means , do as you like you have all the rights to do so. You're not affecting me in any way. We are just exposing our opinions on this matter at the end of the day. We are also not having any impact on it , unfortunately.

You are giving yourself and I too little credit, and defeatism neither works on reality nor the cyberspace.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
And I am telling you that what you exhibit is nothing more than a form of paranoia.
your welcome to your opinion of course
Just let me throw you a well greased curved ball

some relevant History
Reports to the Stasi were carefully filed away
some were acted upon immediately
most were filed away and constantly added to ( and REVIEWED )
Only the Stasi knew what the Trigger threshold for further Action on the filed archive was.

Were the East Germans paranoid about surveillance
yes they were
the State spied on its Citizens and encouraged everyone to Report Everyone
Bunkum you Say well it all came out when the wall came down ( and its well documented ).
This fear of Surveillance is well ingrained in Most of Europe Because it happened for real over most of Europe.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
your welcome to your opinion of course
Just let me throw you a well greased curved ball

some relevant History
Reports to the Stasi were carefully filed away
some were acted upon immediately
most were filed away and constantly added to ( and REVIEWED )
Only the Stasi knew what the Trigger threshold for further Action on the filed archive was.

Were the East Germans paranoid about surveillance
yes they were
the State spied on its Citizens and encouraged everyone to Report Everyone
Bunkum you Say well it all came out when the wall came down ( and its well documented ).
This fear of Surveillance is well ingrained in Most of Europe Because it happened for real over most of Europe.

I already said that l know intelligence agencies are collecting data from us but for some reason you believe the contrary. You , like most in this thread , just stopped at something that caught your eye and that triggered you (meh can't blame you , I do the same sometimes :) ). Do not think I am unaware of that , as a matter of fact I do live in one of those European countries , 20 years ago if you even talked about something that the state didn't want you to do , next day you were done for , that happened because of surveillance . And because of that I find it ridiculous that nowadays the paranoia is at an all time high when none of that happens anymore.

Surveillance happened and happens all over the world. It happens on the internet too ! What a shocker !

You think Nvidia is spying on you to give your secrets to the state or to powerful overlords ? Maybe , but more than likely not. That goes for the vast majority of the data mining take place as well. Is it worth living in paranoia ? For some of you , probably.

None of you are answering my question though: if you feel this threatened , why are you still using you PC ? Do you really live with the same fear those people in Germany did ? Or is this another first world problem ?

dorsetknob

:roll::roll::roll:
for some reason you believe the contrary
Show me where i have said or indicated that
You , like most in this thread , just stopped at something that caught your eye and that triggered you (meh can't blame you , I do the same sometimes
Actualy my 1st post in this thread was post # =go look it up
so no it is a thread i have followed for 8 months and no i did not just stop at something that caught my eye and triggered me.

while we as Citizens have to Accept State Surveillance
WHAT F***in Right do Commercial Concerns have to SPY ON THE PUBLIC

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Show me where i have said or indicated that

Actualy my 1st post in this thread was post # =go look it up
so no it is a thread i have followed for 8 months and no i did not just stop at something that caught my eye and triggered me.

Then what was the point of that comment ?

while we as Citizens have to Accept State Surveillance
WHAT F***in Right do Commercial Concerns have to SPY ON THE PUBLIC

I can't help but scratch my head. You are OK with the state spying on you but not when Nvidia is doing it , even though you don't know the intentions of both of them. 100 comments , 100 different ways to look at it I guess.

dorsetknob

I can't help but scratch my head. You are OK with the state spaying on you
Because we have no say or choice in state spying on us
but not with Nvidia doing it , even though you don't know the intentions of both of them
Again what right does a commercial entity have to spy on me ( The Public ) ANSWER absolutely no right what so ever
and the fact that they try with out Explicit consent is WRONG IN THE WORST WAY

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Because we have no say or choice in state spying on us

But that's the thing you don't get to chose if a commercial entity spies on you either. You use their products , right ? That's all you need to do. You complied with their terms of use , guess what they DO have the right. You don't get telemetry monitoring from Nvidia out of the blue do you ? You install and use their services. If there was something that was violating your rights I am sure as hell it would've surfaced by now.

If you can let the sate spy according to their rules , the same very rules that allow Nvidia to do it , then how can you be pissed at one and not the other ? That's something I can't get my head around , I view all of these as equal attempts to monitor data and I am content with them to same degree. But then again , I don't think there are 2 people on this thread that share the exact same opinion. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
But that's the thing you don't get to chose if a commercial entity spies on you either. You use their products , right ? That's all you need to do. You complied with their terms of use , guess what they DO have the right. You don't get telemetry monitoring from Nvidia out of the blue do you ? You install and use their services. If there was something that was violating your rights I am sure as hell it would've surfaced by now.

If you can let the sate spy according to their rules , the same very rules that allow Nvidia to do it , then how can you be pissed at one and not the other ? That's something I can't get my head around , I view all of these as equal attempts to monitor data and I am content with them to same degree. But then again , I don't think there are 2 people on this thread that share the exact same opinion. :laugh:
I'm relatively sure that the rules (laws) that allow the government to monitor certain citizens is a completely different type of regulation than one that would permit a corporation to spy upon it's customers.

It's irrelevant anyway. The point you've made over and over is that we shouldn't care. The question I have for you, is "Why do you care what we care about?"

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The point you've made over and over is that we shouldn't care.

Nope , that's not what I said , we should care to the extent that it actually matters and not fall into the extreme. This Nvidia thing falls into that category.

The question I have for you, is "Why do you care what we care about?"

If you think that , then why are you discussing this ? You want this to be a dull list of comments where each says what he thinks and never questions anything?

I'm relatively sure that the rules (laws) that allow the government to monitor certain citizens is a completely different type of regulation than one that would permit a corporation to spy upon it's customers."

It's permitted either way , that's all that matters in my eyes.

Last edited:
Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
FREE THE PEOPLE....NO MORE SPYING....FREE THE PEOPLE!:peace:

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
My god, I didn't mean to re-ignite this old thread, I just couldn't remember which 4 folders were required to install just the driver and only the driver. I don't use the other stuff, that's all.

dorsetknob

My god, I didn't mean to re-ignite this old thread,
consul yourself with this thought
"if it wasn't you some one else would have."
Its allowed some to vent their Appreciation on being spied upon and others to re state their distrust of Commercial spying/exploitation

Go drink a Virtual Beer and think Jesus what morons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-14900K Direct Die
Motherboard MSI Z790 ACE MAX
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.SKILL F5-7200J3646F24GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 990 PRO 1TB M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win11PRO
These are the nVIDIA entries Autoruns shows for my PC:

autoruns nvidia 7-6-17.jpg

I have no issues.

I also block all connections the installer attempts to make during the installation process.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
@natr0n thank you this here makes this soo much easier for 99% of the ppl out there.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Nonsense. E-mail is needed to register NVIDIA account. IP is like a street address. It's not a mega fucking secret. They don't get phone number if you don't give it to them.
You don't have to give it directly, all they need is ENOUGH info on you personally and the rest is easily found. You'd be suprised at how much of your personal info can be found with a little searching and that's you doing it. A computer can do it in seconds and in comparison to us it's no biggie.

If they say they "may" that doesn't mean they "do" all the time with intention. Your name? If collected data involved your Windows user profile which has your real name attached, they'll see your real name in file/folder path. That's what they mean. And it may happen that some of this data can be seen by their internal partners who work for them one or the other way.

They accidentally wrote those lines of code, accidentally included these into the drivers/utility "Quite" by accident and these lines of code may by accident install themselves, accidentally snoop and accidentally stumbles across this personal info, accidentally gather personal info, accidentally sift and sort through personal info to see what's relevant about YOU or what's not and accidentally send this info back to their server.
Not that this actually happens in the first place on purpose and may or may not do it with such intention.

Guess it was all a happy coincidence...... Not.

Dude, it's no accident it happens anytime it does which I can promise you is everytime the machine is turned on.
Also since I don't know these guys at all they shouldn't be so privvy to my info esp if I can't get a single bit of it on them. Goes back to the first statement made above about finding info.

And yeah, like someone said, this is NVIDIA Experience, not driver itself. If you don't lie it, don't install it.

Everyone knows there are such things as shadow install schemes and the like out there. I can't say with this particular instance that's so but it's happened before and will again and you don't know "When" that will be do ya?
No - You don't.