• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announced nForce4 SLI XE & nForce4 Ultra

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
NVIDIA Corporation, the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI XE and NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra media and communications processors (MCPs). Together with the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP already available, NVIDIA is now providing its system builder and do-it-yourself (DIY) communities with two, new, lower cost, discrete motherboard solutions for Intel PC platforms. All three are compatible with all currently available Intel dual-core CPUs, including the new Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955. The new MCPs will provide advanced storage and security capabilities and support for high-definition audio. The expected retail price will be less than $100 USD for NVIDIA nForce4 SLI XE-based motherboards for those who want to install two graphics cards for better gaming performance. The single-GPU configurations is the NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra MCP also have a retail price of around or less than $89 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Storage 4x320 7200.10 raid
Display(s) 21" sony trinitron
Case v2000b lianli
Audio Device(s) x-fi platinum
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
the nf4 chipset has too many versions :-/

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
+, people with X-Fi video cards have problems with Nforce...

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
EastCoasthandle said:
+, people with X-Fi video cards have problems with Nforce...
you mean x-fi sound cards? and no not all juust the first batch so to speak where affected im not shure who was to blame for the prob but the probem can be ficke via a system bios update or getting a x-fi with a newer firmware version on it i have one of the ones with the upated firmware

btw i believe only the 2mb x-fis are affected by that incompatability :)

edit: it's been a while sisnce i updated my sig lol

CYBERX1800XT

Processor AMD ATHLON 64(TOLEDO CORE4800)(SOCKET 939)DUAL-CORE W/1 MEG CACHE
Motherboard ASUS A8R-MVP(A.T.I. CROSSFIRE)
Cooling ALL STOCK
Memory 4x1 GIG STICKS OF OCZ PLATINUM 3200 DDR MEMORY
Video Card(s) A.T.I. RADEON X1800XT & X850XT(P.E.) BOLTH PCI-E
Storage 2 MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10'S 250 GIG 10,000 RPM W/16 MB CACHE
Display(s) 21" SONY TRINITRON(16x12@120HZ)
Case NZXT(BLACK) MID-SIZE TOWER
Audio Device(s) AUDIGY X-FI & KLIPSCH DIGITAL DREAM SYSTEM 5.1
Power Supply ENERMAX 550 WATT P.S.U.
Software WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL W/SP2(FULL RETAIL EDITION)
I Never Cared For Any Nvidia Products!!

I Can Only Guess At This,,but Ill Bet The Reason Theres A Incompatibility Issue With Audigy X-fi And Nvidia Sound Chips/nforce 4 Is Soley Due To Nvidia's Lust And Greed To Push Others Out Of There Way. The New Creative Audigy X-fi Is A Direct Threat To The New N-force4 Boards With Onboard Sound. That Means Less Money In Nvidia's Pocket.and After The Big "pissad Lies"nvidia Told To All There Geforce Series 6&7 Video Card Owners That There The Only Ones Who Supports Pixel Shader 3.0. And Every Single One Of There Series 6&7 Cards Failed Microsoft's Pixel Shader 3.0 Tests,,extremely Miserably!! A.t.i. Was Laughing In There Face. So Was I. I Don't Trust Anything Nvidia Says. And I Definitely Wouldn't Own Any Of There Products..even If You Paid Me 1000x The Value In Cash Of The Most Expensive 7800gtx 512,and Gave Me 3 Of Em To Boot.the Only Thing I Find Useful For Any Nvidia Video Card,,is A Hockey Puck!!
I Hope Someday Us A.t.i. Fanatics Like Myself Will One Day See The Demise Of Nvidia. Too Add Insult To Injury,i'd Like To See A.t.i. Buy Em Out Of The Industry.
Let Them Go Make Tower Cases.it's About The Only Thing I Think There Competent Enough To Do. I Hope That The Sales From The Creative Audigy X-fi Is So Overwhelmingly Good..it Forces Nvidia To Go To An Outside Source To Make The Silicone For There N-force Chipsets. Besides I Hear From Inside Sourcesi Have In The Industry,nvidia Uses 2nd & 3rd Choice Silicone&semi-conductors Sony,samsung,motorola.and Toshiba Wont Buy.no Wonder The Audio Quality Is At Best,miserable. The T.h.d. In The Last Series Of Chips From Nvidia Yeilded Some Rather Luaghable Audio Quality Reports. But Nvidia Doesn't Want Us,joe Blow Consumer To Know This. They Want To Pull The Wool Over Our Eyes,and Tell Us There Chipsets Is The Best In The Industry. Well When An Audigy 1 Sound Card Has A Better Signalto Noise Ratio To The New N-force 4 Boards,any Audioiphile's Ear's Will Hear It.mine Did. So Here Ill Just Stop Ranting About How Much Little Or No Respect Nvidia Has For The Consumer's That Pays There Bills. I'm Totally An A.t.i. Man. Ill Never Own No Video Card But Ati Or Sapphire. I Simply Despise Nvidia To Death After That Big Lie They Told In October Of 2005 When They Said There The Only Video Card Company To Have Pixel Shader 3.0 Support,then Microsoft And A Few 3rd Party Web Pages Ran The Tests And Every Single Nvidia Card Failed Every Single Individual Test In Microsoft's Whql Labs. After This, I Hope Someone Just Tells Nvidia To Get Out Of The Industry. I Have Never Despised Any Pc Company In My 25 Years Of Pc'ing Like I Do Nvidia!!! Besides A Hockey Puck,if You Tie 10 7800gtx's Together,you Can Safely Anchor A 25 Foot Cabin Cruiser Out At Sea. I'm Suprised Someone Hasn't Yet Sued Nvidia Over There Agp/pci-e Slot Snapping Out Of The Soldier Sockets From All There Weight. Sorry Folks. But I Had To Get This Off My Chest!! My Favorite Quote Is This-----"pha-q Nvidia!!!!" :) :)

Cyberx1800xt
Toledo,ohio(u.s.a.)

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
CYBERX1800XT said:
I Can Only Guess At This,,but Ill Bet The Reason Theres A Incompatibility Issue With Audigy X-fi And Nvidia Sound Chips/nforce 4 Is Soley Due To Nvidia's Lust And Greed To Push Others Out Of There Way. The New Creative Audigy X-fi Is A Direct Threat To The New N-force4 Boards With Onboard Sound. That Means Less Money In Nvidia's Pocket.and After The Big "pissad Lies"nvidia Told To All There Geforce Series 6&7 Video Card Owners That There The Only Ones Who Supports Pixel Shader 3.0. And Every Single One Of There Series 6&7 Cards Failed Microsoft's Pixel Shader 3.0 Tests,,extremely Miserably!! A.t.i. Was Laughing In There Face. So Was I. I Don't Trust Anything Nvidia Says. And I Definitely Wouldn't Own Any Of There Products..even If You Paid Me 1000x The Value In Cash Of The Most Expensive 7800gtx 512,and Gave Me 3 Of Em To Boot.the Only Thing I Find Useful For Any Nvidia Video Card,,is A Hockey Puck!!
I Hope Someday Us A.t.i. Fanatics Like Myself Will One Day See The Demise Of Nvidia. Too Add Insult To Injury,i'd Like To See A.t.i. Buy Em Out Of The Industry.
Let Them Go Make Tower Cases.it's About The Only Thing I Think There Competent Enough To Do. I Hope That The Sales From The Creative Audigy X-fi Is So Overwhelmingly Good..it Forces Nvidia To Go To An Outside Source To Make The Silicone For There N-force Chipsets. Besides I Hear From Inside Sourcesi Have In The Industry,nvidia Uses 2nd & 3rd Choice Silicone&semi-conductors Sony,samsung,motorola.and Toshiba Wont Buy.no Wonder The Audio Quality Is At Best,miserable. The T.h.d. In The Last Series Of Chips From Nvidia Yeilded Some Rather Luaghable Audio Quality Reports. But Nvidia Doesn't Want Us,joe Blow Consumer To Know This. They Want To Pull The Wool Over Our Eyes,and Tell Us There Chipsets Is The Best In The Industry. Well When An Audigy 1 Sound Card Has A Better Signalto Noise Ratio To The New N-force 4 Boards,any Audioiphile's Ear's Will Hear It.mine Did. So Here Ill Just Stop Ranting About How Much Little Or No Respect Nvidia Has For The Consumer's That Pays There Bills. I'm Totally An A.t.i. Man. Ill Never Own No Video Card But Ati Or Sapphire. I Simply Despise Nvidia To Death After That Big Lie They Told In October Of 2005 When They Said There The Only Video Card Company To Have Pixel Shader 3.0 Support,then Microsoft And A Few 3rd Party Web Pages Ran The Tests And Every Single Nvidia Card Failed Every Single Individual Test In Microsoft's Whql Labs. After This, I Hope Someone Just Tells Nvidia To Get Out Of The Industry. I Have Never Despised Any Pc Company In My 25 Years Of Pc'ing Like I Do Nvidia!!! Besides A Hockey Puck,if You Tie 10 7800gtx's Together,you Can Safely Anchor A 25 Foot Cabin Cruiser Out At Sea. I'm Suprised Someone Hasn't Yet Sued Nvidia Over There Agp/pci-e Slot Snapping Out Of The Soldier Sockets From All There Weight. Sorry Folks. But I Had To Get This Off My Chest!! My Favorite Quote Is This-----"pha-q Nvidia!!!!" :) :)

Cyberx1800xt
Toledo,ohio(u.s.a.)
the incompatability is just that dude an incompatability i dont believe there has been any evidance of foul play here and it has been fixed already

btw the nforce 4 chipset uses a 3rd party audio codec from realtek