• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-Z

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Trust you to unearth Rory's secret weapon

"RELEASE THE KLEENEX!!!"

Nice to see so many of the usual anti-Nv trolls finally join the party. Nap time must be over.
Where are the trolls? I see people making legitimate comments and voicing their concerns over ridiculous pricing.

Am*

System Name 3D Vision & Sound Blaster
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (stock voltage)
Motherboard Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Special Edition (with 3x 140mm Black Thermalright fans)
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB (2x8GB 1600MHz CL8)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX TITAN X 12288MB Maxwell @1350MHz
Storage 6TB of Samsung SSDs + 12TB of HDDs
Display(s) LG C1 48 + LG 38UC99 + Samsung S34E790C + BenQ XL2420T + PHILIPS 231C5TJKFU
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with 6x 140mm Corsair AFs
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster Z SE + Z906 5.1 speakers/DT 990 PRO
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX 650W 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard CHERRY MX-Board 1.0 Backlit Silent Red Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Pro (RIP) + Winbloat 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2fast4u,bro...
So Nvidia went from trolling (with $1000 Titan) to just plain retarded ($3000) in a year...

But in all seriousness, can someone please explain to me what they are charging an extra $1000 for over two already stupidly overpriced Titan Blacks? For that awful cooler that's guaranteed to be incapable of cooling either of the GPUs, or the worse than shitty VRMs that are going to whine under 3D load?

P.S. In before AMD come out with an $1100 dual 290x card that's going to kick Nvidia in their groin (causing an instant $1000 price drop). I'd hate to be the owner of this card knowing how quickly it's going to de-value and by how much...and here I was worried about the 780 Ti getting price cuts sometime soon. Looks like there's no chance of that happening for a while.

I dread to think how much Maxwell is going to be overpriced by...will probably just wait for a slight price drop on the 780 TIs before buying one up and calling it a day on upgrading for a good 3-5 years, especially at these moronic prices thanks to Nvidia.

Last edited:

lanceknightnight

The titan moniker was used by the lowest end workstation card. This card was given drivers for video gaming. This had the card out preform other cards on the market but maintain a price that was for enterprise. The card was a hit in the gaming community and entered a price range that few thought would be viable. Enterprise prices for a home card. The marketing now reflects that the market can bear these prices. Outlandish prices that in the home are silly but in a business environment which can utilize this type of horsepower they make sense. These sales taught a lesson that the gaming market is now willing to drop thousands on cards. This X2 card is a good price for an existing enterprise system with limited slots. In a home unit they are silly. But I reiterate, they are going to market to this segment as the titan sold like gangbusters to the gaming community. The value edition of an enterprise card with what was though to be an outlandish price sold out. Process that. The card sold too well. Thus this time they are selling an enterprise type card and marketing to gamers. The enterprise that would want this card will know who they are (they have titans now) it is the gamers who must be convinced. Most of these cards will need riser cables but what is $10 when you have already dropped 3k.

Good play Nvid.

On a side note this play is also amazing for the rest of the market as it keeps the one chip versions viable and sets a new high bar (think limbo) on price for AMD when they release their x2 cards. Nvid has ensured that the price war will go up higher and in favor of manufacturers. This is even shown in the pricing of 290x which at retail is going for 100 over MSRP. The market is showing that it is willing to bear higher prices and resellers are demanding more in kind. Nvid is helping distributors make a better profit on a specialized card. It is also attempting to tap out of the price war with AMD. I think this is a way to recoup the losses from the console and a few other poor choices on their part. The market Nvid has is the titan cards and the new synk tech in these cards for monitors. These premium items allow for overlap and profit. However Nvid can see that Intel the chip monster is on its way as it cannot crack the mobile market and AMD is also working on better on die GPU tech that makes the only viable market the High end consumer and enterprise client. This leads me to think of Nvid trying to store up for winter like a bear. Knowing that they need to get fat when they can as winter is coming. This is a great play for Nvid. they make money to recoup losses and attempt a different market entrance in a year in order to keep relevant on a five year plan.

So Nvidia went from trolling (with $1000 Titan) to just plain retarded ($3000) in a year...

But in all seriousness, can someone please explain to me what they are charging an extra $1000 for over two already stupidly overpriced Titan Blacks? For that awful cooler that's guaranteed to be incapable of cooling either of the GPUs, or the worse than shitty VRMs that are going to whine under 3D load?

P.S. In before AMD come out with an $1100 dual 290x card that's going to kick Nvidia in their groin (causing an instant $1000 price drop). I'd hate to be the owner of this card knowing how quickly it's going to de-value and by how much...and here I was worried about the 780 Ti getting price cuts sometime soon. Looks like there's no chance of that happening for a while.

AMD will come out with the super hand dryer GPU soon and it will big I am sure. I have 2 290x cards but respect the temps and work on the titan line but cost wise AMD is king. But the winner of the race is much more money. I hold Nvid is encouraging AMD to push prices higher to sustain both businesses. Now AMD could undercut and is expected to do so but may do tripple price as well. I do not care for this idea but can see that id AMD does not do it that the retailers will. This titan 2 is a market viability test put on an enterprise solution. As it is an E solution there is a built in market that will buy the product if this test fails. If the test is successful you will see the cards first batch sell out very fast. If there is no sell out then the chips will go to e use and no loss. If there is a sell out, Nvid will know the market will bear even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
Trust you to unearth Rory's secret weapon

"RELEASE THE KLEENEX!!!"

Nice to see so many of the usual anti-Nv trolls finally join the party. Nap time must be over.

i haven't seen any trolls, have you?
i do see that you're the true troll here

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Where are the trolls? I see people making legitimate comments and voicing their concerns over ridiculous pricing.
Well, I thought that the pricing as a gaming card was already done to death as being exhorbitant. What I'm also seeing is people deriding the card as a budget pro alternative...or in Xzibit's case, deriding someone who pointed out that the card might have more than one buying segment - I'd call that trolling, you call it legitimate. I think we can agree to disagree on that.
Nvidia disagrees with you
(BTW: This poster's thoughts on the 2.5 - 3 x more expensive than the single GPU card HD 7990 was "People are gonna eat these up if OC is good just to have the best scores"....wouldn't the same apply with this card ?)
...When I had already posted a link to both the gaming and pro/dev sites, and it apparent that Nvidia has priced the card for max PR - enough supply to keep it relevant in gaming benchmark charts, whilst adopting a top down pricing hierarchy based on the cards above it- not below it. I think Ryan Smith at Anandtech summed up the same sentiments
Now for compute users this will still be an expensive card, but potentially very captivating. Per FLOP GTX Titan Black is still a better deal, but with compute users there is a far greater emphasis on density*. Meanwhile the GTX Titan brand has by all accounts been a success for NVIDIA, selling more cards to compute users than they had ever expected, so a product like GTX Titan Z is more directly targeted at those users. I have no doubt that there are compute users who will be happy with it – like the original GTX Titan it’s far cheaper per FP64 FLOP than any Tesla card, maintaining its “budget compute” status – but I do wonder if part of the $3000 pricing is in reaction to GTX Titan undercutting Tesla sales.
But hey, but everyone should keep thrashing the gaming-only aspect - awesome
* See post #39 in this thread
You know what they say, If you can't beat them...hold the mirror up to their faces - or somesuch.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11

I dunno, if you aren't in the market for the $3000 Titan Z* then it kinda falls into trolling too.

*Nvidia offer cards to fit everyone's budget.

lanceknightnight

"Huang compared the new Titan Z to Google Brain, which features 1,000 servers packing 2,000 CPUs (16,000 cores), 600 kWatts and a hefty price tag of $5,000,000 USD. A solution using Titan Z would only need three GPU-accelerated servers with 12 Nvidia GPUs total."

Source:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/geforce-titan-z-nvidia-gk110-cuda,26391.html

The unit obviously is directed for enterprise but the marketing will be for rich gamers as the cost benefit to a server farm is simple math and needs little convincing. 5k per server times 3 is 15k add the 36k for the cards and you have 51k cost replacing 5 mil. The cost of a day of server time is more money than buying your own now. Also the water test was used due to difficulty but also because industry like auto uses hydrodynamics. This shows real time testing ability to server time purchasers. These individuals may just buy a server brain now.

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
System Name custom
Processor intel i7 9700
Motherboard asrock taichi z370
Cooling EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory 24G Kingston HyperX Fury 2666mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage SSD 960GB crucial + 2 Crucial 500go SSD + 2TO crucial M2
Display(s) BENQ XL2420T
Case Lian-li o11 dynamic der8auer Edition
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply corsair ax1200i
Mouse MX518 legendary edition
Keyboard gigabyte Aivia Osmium
VR HMD PSVR2
Software windows 11
this card is really overpower.

man if someone buy this today, he can hoooooooooooooooolllddddddd it a f**kin long time.
Look at this monsta.. back to me,
who do not want it?? :toast:

wait 1-2year this card will drop price(hope so). now admire

Last edited:
You know what they say, If you can't beat them...hold the mirror up to their faces - or somesuch.

Okay.

I don't like any dual GPU card on principle - not just this one.
Duallies are usually more problematic, suffer in ability (OC) to two single cards, have more issues with drivers, lower resale, and generally aren't a saving over two separate cards
^I agree this Titan Z is terrible.

3000$??? Uhm, it's nVidia after all.
EDIT: Seem like I misread a bit :|

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
$3K?

Thanks, but no thanks, and this coming from a guy who invested over $2K on Titans a year ago, this is a halo product, a place holder to deter any damage to the Nvidia brand now that the dual 290X is to be released.

I'll wait for big Maxwell, thank you very much :rockout:

EDIT:

3000$??? Uhm, it's nVidia after all.
But for just 3 GB of VRAM effective? A trash card :|

I think you misread the release, this card features 6GBs of VRAM per GPU, 12GBs total VRAM

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
^I agree this Titan Z is terrible.
I don't know why you felt you had to bold the whole thing. I don't like dual GPU gaming cards, the Titan Z would be no exception- in fact, given it's pricing, it makes no sense at all- as I've already stated.
I believe what I pointed out is that the card is just as much aimed at non-gaming workloads. Most of talk is about gaming (isn't it always)- most of the loud talkers have a gaming-only mentality, and marketing targets gaming since 1. It is a large market, 2. Easily swayed by a halo product, 3. generates endless PR via forum debate, and 4. pro users will buy based on fact/workload efficiency, and generally aren't swayed by marketing or anonymous posting drivel.
I really don't see much difference between my stance in this regard than I did with the original Titan (note the troll post immediately after mine)
I'd say the company are walking a fine line between keeping the card relevant enough to maintain its inclusion in review suites, whilst not underselling the board causing a complete sell out/no stock situation and cannibalizing Tesla sales for people who want compute/FP64 but have little use for ECC (somewhat overrated in GDDR5 anyhow).

Screaming that Nvidia won't sell cards based on their gaming ability alone doesn't alter the fact that the boards will find users with other workloads in mind...and their priorities probably aren't the same as someone who sits around playing Titanfall.

Last edited:
System Name Matar Extreme PC.
Processor Intel Core i9-10900KF @5.2GHZ AVX-1 & Uncore @4.6GHZ @1.285v
Motherboard Gigabyte Z590 UD , With PCIe X1 Card intel killer 1650x card
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240L V2 AIO with MX6
Memory 4x16 64GB DDR4 3600MHZ CL16-19-19-39 G.SKILL Trident Z NEO
Video Card(s) Nvidia ZOTAC RTX 3080 Ti Trinity overclocked +100 core +1000 mem
Storage WD black 512GB Nvme OS + 1TB 970 Nvme Samsung & 4TB WD Blk 256MB cache 7200RPM
Display(s) Lenovo 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440 144hz 1ms G-Snyc
Case NZXT H510 Black with Cooler Master RGB Fans
Audio Device(s) Internal , EIFER speakers & EasySMX Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply Aurora R9 850Watts 80+ Gold, I Modded cables for it.
Mouse Onn RGB Gaming Mouse & Logitech G923 & shifter & E-Break Sim setup.
Keyboard GOFREETECH RGB Gaming Keyboard, & Xbox 1 X Controller
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Home 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.youtube.com/user/matttttar/videos
WOW Super impressed how nVidia were able to put 2 full GK-110 on one PCB with All ROPs and 6GB each GPU
I am nVidia Fan But not this time $3000 Is insane even for enthusiast gamer because you will always get better results in a real 2-way SLi rather then a single card SLi + it's much more useful in so many scenarios one of them is better overcloking and if you run out of cash sell one :) the only benefit in a single PCB if you have one PCIe slot and want the best then that's the way to go but not by paying a triple Fee. ok I understand 1+1=2 so $2000 Ok NVidia work a lot to accomplish this Dual GPU then $2200 if the offer the same clocks speed at one PCB at a lower power consumption , and I still think any GPU over $1K is insane.

Last edited:
System Name Habu
Processor Intel i7-4940K
Motherboard ASUS Z97-AR
Cooling Noctua
Memory 16 GB ?
Video Card(s) EVGA 780ti
Storage Crucial M4 256 GB, WD Black 1 TB
Display(s) Dell 19"
Case Corsair 540 AIR
Power Supply Silverstone
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, SP 2
Is the GTX Titan-Z made with Super Alloy Z?

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
$3000 Is insane even for enthusiast gamer

Yea, it's almost like they aren't targetting gamers with this card. If only these cards with insane FP64 performance usable in enterprise environments had a market of their own, maybe Nvidia could get away with such a "costly" solution. But since nobody on earth does anything with GPU's but play Video Games clearly they are just corporate assholes trying to squeeze money out of the public.

System Name Trixeon
Processor Xeon E3-1230-V2
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Coolmaster EVO
Memory Gskill 2133 8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire R9-290 Tri-x o/c bios 1000/6000MHz
Storage 128GB SSD, 256GB SSD, 3TB HDD, 1TB HDD
Display(s) 3x 22" 1050 monitors 16:10
Case Xigmatec
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Xigmatec 800W centurio
Software Win7 64bit
it's a crazy price for an unnecessary graphics card. Of course there's much better value out there, but some people will need the Titan-z (devs?) and some people have lots of money. If there was no demand at all, they wouldn't make it. Is a $1mil hyper car 200 times better than my Ford Falcon, nope, but it's 200 times more expensive and some people can and will buy it.

System Name First Gaming PC
Processor AMD APU Kaveri A10-7850k
Motherboard MSI A88XM-E45
Cooling Stock Cooler
Memory Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Intergrated with CPU
Storage Kingston Hyperx 3k 120 GB(OS) + 1 TB WD Blue
Display(s) LG 20EN33V 1920 x 1080
Case Infinity Rave
Audio Device(s) Intergrated Sound Card
Power Supply Enermax NAXN 500w
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit
Chill out guys.

I think the conclusion is quite simple

1. For those who want to play ULTRA-HIGH END settings, 4K or Higher resolution, Free lagging, G-sync ON, and ABLE to afford such a price without problem, and want to SHOW OFF their RIG or DIE-HARD "Green" Fan feel free to buy. no one gonna stop you, its your money after all

2. For those who already satisfied with their current rig and cannot afford such luxury, then dont buy it, thats all

and for the last but not least, Red Team
Dont sad let nvidia have their fun for now, i am sure AMD have something on their sleeve to counter this Nvidia gonna have to turn down this "BEAST" price down.

now wait for Titan-X and Titan-Y and u can fuse them together to XYZ-Titan

System Name First Gaming PC
Processor AMD APU Kaveri A10-7850k
Motherboard MSI A88XM-E45
Cooling Stock Cooler
Memory Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Intergrated with CPU
Storage Kingston Hyperx 3k 120 GB(OS) + 1 TB WD Blue
Display(s) LG 20EN33V 1920 x 1080
Case Infinity Rave
Audio Device(s) Intergrated Sound Card
Power Supply Enermax NAXN 500w
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit
System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
* I'm going to guess that the number of people that drop $3K on a graphics card but only have a motherboard with a single PCIe x16 slot borders on the infinitesimal.
..unless they want three Titan-Zs.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Why the outcry? This is not for 99% of the world's gamers. This is for the criminally rich oil barons and such, who run intel extreme chips and probably don't build the systems for themselves.

Everybody is also missing the entire point of the current Titan. It's a compute card. Even at $3000, this is an incredibly cheap compute card. It sold like hotcakes in the first place for the compute power. Or has nobody seen how expensive the K series compute cards are for NVidia?

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
So... two years ago Nvidia's high end dual GPU set you back $1000 bucks with the GTX 690. Now, their high-end dual GPU costs $3000. WTF happened in two years? I sincerely hope this turns around and bites them in the ass somehow.
Monopoly sadly, however most speculation that I have read on other sites suggest it's just a Gimmick card to win back some Epeen territory, and in reality there may be only about 10,000 worldwide sold or even produced, guess we will just have to wait and see, to be honest I quite like the look of it, if over the coming months NVidia reduce the price to $199 I might just get one! :)