• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang Makes Cover of 2021 TIME 100 Most Influential People

No they're not, they're focusing on x86 enterprise which has a much larger T.A.M. than consumer GPUs, and much better repeat customers once you get them... The same thing cannot be said for consumers who, just based on the sheer volume of psychological research, make purchasing decisions based on a completely irrational (as in non-empirical) basis. Just look at the data from the late 2000s and early 2010s when AMD offered faster GPUs at a better value proposition and Nvidia still outsold them by a large margin.... Say what you will about AdoredTV, but he made a great multipart series on this very subject about two years ago with full reference citations so you know the data is accurate. A lot of people will just knee-jerk claim "drivers" as the reason for this, but other than a bunch of completely anecdotal evidence (as in people anecdotally claiming this on the internet with absolutely zero empirical evidence to back this up, or even research from a trusted source) there's no really compelling evidence to back this up.

It may be a tenuous Analogy, but it is sort of like how the vast majority of people who first time watercool just automatically buy EK without even bothering to research alternatives, then these people post their builds on social media and YouTube, so they get more mind share causing more people to just assume to buy EK without looking at alternatives because since they see it everywhere they just automatically assume it "must be the best". Same thing with Nvidia, people are bombarded with articles stating Nvidia owns 80% of the consumer dGPU market, so people see this and assume that has to mean they're the best so they automatically buy Nvidia, it's like a self fulfilling prophecy. I'm not going to claim Nvidia makes bad products, that's not the case, but I will say that "most popular" does not automatically equate to the best product.... We can all agree that McDonald's sells more food than any other restaurant, but would anyone claim they have the best "product" with respect to quality?

AdoredTV might present some facts but he clearly twist those fact so it fits his narrative. for example in one of his videos especially about those "nvidia mind share" he showed the financial report for both AMD and nvidia in 2010 and said the fact that AMD revenue in the red and nvidia in the green is the definite proof that people only buy nvidia even when AMD have better product. those that has been following AMD and nvidia back in 2009/2010 knows that is a pure lie from Jim. AMD end up in the red because of the decision they make to buy ATI back in 2006. in fact AMD is so competitive back then nvidia actually end up losing market share to AMD.

this is one of the exact proof when AMD have really good product consumer actually starts buying their product.

about the driver thing...it is a bit more complicated but i will not going to say there is no evidence to back it up. just ask those with 5k series that have to return their card two or three times (i even know a guy that have to replace his for four times) because of GSOD. back then AMD insisting the problem can be solved though driver updates but we all know it is something that happen quite severely on 5k series. even happen on 6k series. and then AMD decided to kill 4k series driver support after 3 year plus. those that are affected by this obviously are more wary to get another AMD GPU in the future.

tritananders

I don't really understand why he was named this, but I guess good news for him. I really thought that AMD would get more glory considering their recent step up

System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
Influential? Yes, he changed the Graphics card industry from a $200 - $500 product line to a $500 - $1200 product line.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Time cover, aka "the richest dickheads of the world".

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Im sure his hope when he wrote the check was that it would speed up the acquisition of ARM and ultimately his membership in the space invaders boyband.

That picture... Could he possibly tilt his head any further back? Its like he's kind of conveying the message that he's looking down on you while playing pocket pool with his thumbs. Ng short a vowel or two while Huang is probably short a few inches.
He seems more "suited" for Aztec regalia & clothing while hopping about kicking decapitated heads around in some ancient arena while screaming "Me! King!", given how much of a blood sport & sacrifice its become to get a graphics card.

Processor Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE
Display(s) ASUS PG43UQ
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 7
Sometimes I am surprised how much hate there is in the TPU forums. Like it or not, NVIDIA is one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the world. And Jensen is spearheading it well, hence the multitude of awards he receives each year.

Go do something good for the world, keyboard warriors. But first, appreciate the others who do.

That loser and his lame attempts to appear cool with his jacket should be more concerned about getting more VGA stock instead of puff pieces.

Seriously, how pathetically impotent you must be to have just one picture with the leather biker jacket in every post or article?!

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
People see award and think it is because the dude is a CEO. How is Influential good representation of being a COE of the graphics company? I really don't get the point here.

System Name Main
Processor 5900X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) 6800XT
Display(s) Odyssey C49G95T - 5120 x 1440
Seems a lot of people here is forgetting that nVidia is also a driver in the AI and server space.
And they are the main graphic compute company also.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Seems a lot of people here is forgetting that nVidia is also a driver in the AI and server space.

No, not at all. Just enjoy making fun of the egomaniac at the helm. Particularly when he makes it so darn easy! I mean cmon, look at that pose.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I can't speak for other people, but I'm not forgetting any of these. I just think nobody needs any praise from a magazine for doing their job. If they put him on the cover for donating a bazillion dollars for cancer research, or for saving the indigenous people of whatever, that's a different story. But for leading a company (i.e. earning a shit ton of money), come on! It's so shallow.

Sometimes I am surprised how much hate there is in the TPU forums. Like it or not, NVIDIA is one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the world. And Jensen is spearheading it well, hence the multitude of awards he receives each year.

Go do something good for the world, keyboard warriors. But first, appreciate the others who do.

The life of amdumbs is hard.

They insult Jensen for the increased prices and 2 seconds later they praise AMD for 6600XT, which costs more than a 2-year-old 5700xt whilst offering the same performance and defending Zen3 price hikes and the removal of the coolers.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
The life of amdumbs is hard.

They insult Jensen for the increased prices and 2 seconds later they praise AMD for 6600XT, which costs more than a 2-year-old 5700xt whilst offering the same performance and defending Zen3 price hikes and the removal of the coolers.
Nobody is insulting Jensen here, what I understand is praising someone for doing his job and giving awards for something that is not related to what his job is. It's like getting a Greenpeace award for pissing under shower because you save the planet. Just because somebody has been given an award, it doesn't mean it has a meaning and he got it because of his work and input. The award he has been given is "One of the most influential" people. How does that relate to his job? It shows that he's got money or power or both in some cases. He didn't get an award in graphics breakthrough with Deep Learning or AI that NV has been bragging about. I'm surprised people lost the ability to read and understand. The only thing that matters is, that the reward has been given despite the field of knowledge which in this case is none. I blame media for this.

Software Windows 10 Pro

Leading a company well, that is fine. Innovation, that's fine too. What I don't get is why do people need to be awarded for this? He's only been doing his job, nothing else!

Nobody is insulting Jensen here, what I understand is praising someone for doing his job and giving awards for something that is not related to what his job is. It's like getting a Greenpeace award for pissing under shower because you save the planet. Just because somebody has been given an award, it doesn't mean it has a meaning and he got it because of his work and input. The award he has been given is "One of the most influential" people. How does that relate to his job? It shows that he's got money or power or both in some cases. He didn't get an award in graphics breakthrough with Deep Learning or AI that NV has been bragging about. I'm surprised people lost the ability to read and understand. The only thing that matters is, that the reward has been given despite the field of knowledge which in this case is none. I blame media for this.
Exactly this!

I'm not blaming Jensen for getting a ridiculous award that should never be given out. I'm blaming Time magazine for having such ridiculous awards in the first place. "The most influential people", ugh. Even the sound of it makes me wanna puke.

Imagine telling your children about your achievements.
"I fought in Afghanistan."
"I saved the Amazon rainforest."
"I was influential." :roll:

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
Is it real or virtual?

This is an official proof that the TIME magazine is getting bribed. How can such a corrupt ethicless person be selected for such thing!!

Lisa Su should have taken that spot, she rescued AMD from doomsday bankruptcy, and she is a very influential and powerful women that i respect
İt seems that she wasn't influential enough because she didn't influenced (a.k.a bribed) Time's staff.