• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Fermi-based GeForce Accelerator Spotted Working

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium

shevanel

biggest decision you guys need to start thinking about is whether it's going to be your arm or your leg. your choice. this pic means nothing. if it was a video of a bench, then cool. right now it's something to give nvidia campers something to talk about so ATI doesnt steal the entire show...

hype = drama = money.

MTV baby.

Benetanegia

Besides, he might actually be going crazy from days of nVidia vs ATI threads :D

I am. I am actually going crazy by hearing all the nonsense that some people take as hard proof of some of the issues.

Really, if someone is here saying that he is an enthusiast and never had more than one computer powered on at a time, with a switch to change which one is displayed on the monitor, with their old mouse and kb attached to the other PC or saying that he never made a short in the mb in order to power on his testbed, then that is not an enthusiast. Period.

I knew my comment was going to be depreciated and myself was going to be taken as fanboy, because only a fanboy can have an opinion other than "Nvidia sucks and this is obviously fake, because there are no lights where there shouldn't be lights and because a high-grade engineer has more than one PC and there's a second mouse in the other side of the table where we can't see shit about what there is, for all we know there could be another PC there, but it's still fake". These forums work this way after all and they are getting worse by the day. That's why I tried to suggest my point through sarcasm, rather than directly point it out directly. Binge did that, providing more than enough proofs and still got flamed. Ridiculous!! :shadedshu

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
I am. I am actually going crazy by hearing all the nonsense that some people take as hard proof of some of the issues.

Really, if someone is here saying that he is an enthusiast and never had more than one computer powered on at a time, with a switch to change which one is displayed on the monitor, with their old mouse and kb attached to the other PC or saying that he never made a short in the mb in order to power on his testbed, then that is not an enthusiast. Period.

I knew my comment was going to be depreciated and myself was going to be taken as fanboy, because only a fanboy can have an opinion other than "Nvidia sucks and this is obviously fake, because there are no lights where there shouldn't be lights and because a high-grade engineer has more than one PC and there's a second mouse in the other side of the table where we can't see shit about what there is, for all we know there could be another PC there, but it's still fake". These forums work this way after all and they are getting worse by the day. That's why I tried to suggest my point through sarcasm, rather than directly point it out directly. Binge did that, providing more than enough proofs and still got flamed. Ridiculous!! :shadedshu

Exactly why i dont post about this kinda shit. I let the flamewars bypass me after the AMD/ATI/Quakecon thing.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Well I don't see proof it's real, but I also don't see proof that it's fake. About there being more than one mouse/keyboard... really? I still hope you're being sarcastic. I'm going to post a pic of my work bench in a bit just to confuse you (since multiple mice are confusing) more.

+1 to this comment.

Could be real or not, either way it doesn't matter as we the public won't be getting our hands on the card til its released anyway.

:laugh:

Processor Intel Core i5 3450 - 3.1 GHz
Motherboard ASROCK Z77 PRO3
Cooling Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) Memory Kit PC3-17066 2133MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) PNY NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 XLR8 (2GB, GDDR5, PCI-E x16)
Storage 4x500GB Samsung Spinpoint T166 RAID 10
Display(s) LG D2342P-PN.AEK 23'' 3D
Case APEVIA X-Cruiser Silver
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Taking into account a recent fake tesla appearance I would defintely be considering this a fake one. To add more to it consider this: there was this article saying that developer of bullet physics engine was using nvidia cards for development. I would bet my ass on that nvidia not having dx11 card at hand would be using ati one for some kind of testing, comparison etc. That would explain working uengine bench.

Benetanegia

Well I don't see proof it's real, but I also don't see proof that it's fake. About there being more than one mouse/keyboard... really? I still hope you're being sarcastic. I'm going to post a pic of my work bench in a bit just to confuse you (since multiple mice are confusing) more.

And now that I remember... I'm going to confuse him even further, because I've been actually using more than one mouse in the same PC some years ago. Around 8 years ago I bought this: Logitech Cordless Desktop, because I wanted a cordless kb/mouse so that I could use my PC on my living room's TV too. My main PC is and has always been on my bedroom and living room is around 10 m away from there, I had it connected to the TV with an RF device (far from perfect, I know). I also used to move the kb around when listening to music, using the kb's special keys to navigate songs (eg when shaving in the bathroom). Thing is, surprise, surprise, the mouse sucked for gaming, so I bought a regular mouse for playing (and later a G5) and had the 2 mouses conected at the same time.

EDIT: BTW. Anyone wants REAL proofs?

- "Souncard without wires on it?" -> I can't remember the last time I plugged anything in my sound card:

- "is these wires going to keyboard?", "I can't see any HDD cables plugged in from the reflection", "Do you see any memory here?"

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
To infinity........and beyond!!!!

Really, untill we hear the good word from Nvidia, this is hearsay, and possibly something some geek came up with. Or it could be real, something a engineer who is probably prohibited from bringing a camera to work used his phone to snap a pic and send it off, and that started this all.

Either way, I don't see anything from Nvidia besides a remake of the MARS 285 and a mention of 1K as the price. So they still have vapor, we still have nothing, and some people will fall hard on the sword if they don't get their shit together.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Just my thoughts, after seeing that pic . . .

I can't claim one way or the other - one could look at the PCIE connectors on the VGA and claim that if one PSU was powering the card, both cables would come from the same direction . . .

One could look at the small amount of space around the mouse and say there's no enough room for someone to properly operate the mouse . . .

One could look at the screen and say that beacuse the numbers are blurred, it could be a screen saver . . .

One could look at the Audigy on the top shelf, and say that it's an antique test setup, so it couldn't house a modern GPU . . .

Seriously, guys - if the pic is legit, it would've been taken from an engineers workstation . . .

Now - y'all know the kind of clutter we keep our personal rigs and hardware setups in - if you were working around it all day long, swapping components in and out, you know it'd be more of a mess . . .

Regarding the no power/reset cables - the pic doesn't show the lower right headers of the board - so one can't draw conclusions in that aspect, and the reflection on the GPU cooler doesn't show much beyond the chasis fan header.

Regarding the board on the shelf above the VGA - well, there's obviously no power switch on that board, so whatever vid card is installed there probably isn't running ATM . . .

And tll athose cables along the side of the monitor - they could be going to a shelf above the top motherboard . . .

Regarding the keyboard/mouse in the background - there could be another monitor behind the visible one connected to that setup . . . I don't have pixelated x-ray vision, so I can't confirm or deny that theory . . .

<sigh>

Just some thoughts, guys . . .

Benetanegia

Now - y'all know the kind of clutter we keep our personal rigs and hardware setups in - if you were working around it all day long, swapping components in and out, you know it'd be more of a mess . . .

Not making an argument, but I tend to have my desktop clean and if I was to photograph it I would definately clean it a bit, maybe that's just me.

The other side of my room, the one that is not close to the monitor/kb/mouse that's another story. I'm not claiming to be a "clean" person. :laugh: I just like to be free to move around when working/gaming.

untill there are proper review samples and release dates take everything with a pinch of salt, its cynical but hell its better than being suckered into false news (note im not suggesting this is false just that there maybe false news out there)

EDIT: to me it looks like there are 2 motherboards, one up top and one bellow, 2 mice so to me i think there are 2 pcs; doesnt mean that both are running because only one monitor is displaying so it could be another system without Fermi running or Fermi running

evidence is inconclusive

System Name Is rly gud
Processor Intel Core i5 11600kf
Motherboard Asus Prime Z590-V ATX
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 1TB MSI Spatium M370 NVMe M.2 SSD
Display(s) 32" Viewsonic 4k, 34" Samsung 3440x1440, XP Pen Creative Pro 13.3
Power Supply EVGA 600 80+ Gold
VR HMD Meta Quest Pro, Tundra Trackers
Software Windows 10
Misread the title and thought it was a new thread. "Fermi-based Geforce Accelerator Stopped Working"

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium
You know, I just realized something.

To everyone who says the second mouse is proof of a second system running the game and that the Fermi card isn't running:

The assumption is made that the second mouse and keyboard seen in the pic are evidence that a second system, seen above the Fermi card, is running the monitor. Many believe the Fermi card isn't actually on. Why would they bother getting a second mouse, lighting it up and placing it beside an 'off' motherboard if they already had a mouse, lit up and everything that would be placed right in the same place as the first one? The logic that they would have to follow for the 'second mouse argument' to be true is completely screwy.

Therefore second mouse (and keyboard if you look) -> second, separate workstation (including its own monitor, obscured by the monitor visible. Not second mouse -> different computer, same workstation + fake.

Interestingly what it all boils down to is shoddy marketing practices though.

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000 and nVidia GT630M
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Software Windows 8 x64 Enterprise N
No metter how well ATI cards perform the way nvidia build the things its just different the design the special touches the colors i like ATi but nvidia blows me away every time and will not be different with the GT300 i think...

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Not making an argument, but I tend to have my desktop clean and if I was to photograph it I would definately clean it a bit, maybe that's just me.

The other side of my room, the one that is not close to the monitor/kb/mouse that's another story. I'm not claiming to be a "clean" person. :laugh: I just like to be free to move around when working/gaming.

I can agree with that - big reason why I've never posted any pics of my desk, or my current rig status . . . it looks horrible :p

But, I'm sure the majority of us here fall into the "hit-by-a-tornado" category . . . just trying to point out that an engineer's workstation is going to look a mess with a bunch of stuff all over . . . seems a lot of people here expect a "leaked" hardware pic to look like it came straight from the lab instead of a workstation :laugh:

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
WHy would they be using Dell monitors?

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
The more and more i look at this pic it looks like a photoshop job as the right side of it don't even look like it should be there.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
WHy would they be using Dell monitors?

Probably cheaper than using Samsung . . . besides, with the overhead that's gone into the long R&D process of Fermi, 1337-LCD is not on the priorities list :p

Benetanegia

That Dell monitor is about the best 24" consumer LCD you can (could) get...

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
I guess they dont need it but there is no "power on" "reset" cables atached to mainboard.

bravo.gif 1 thanks is given for observation the rest of you deserve to be poked with a stick.gif

idx

Save your words ATI fans , nVidia fans. without any doubt if the specifications of the new NV100 GPU - "GF100" that we heard about it is true , then all of us we know that this GPU or "CpGPU" will be the end of ATI . with the specifications that we heard about.. it can easily hit the Super computer level in the performance, if what nVidia saying is true then this Chip can run as CPU,GPU and even as GPGPU on your desktop PC. I really want to see this chip running on real test.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X12 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei RAW
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Well, 6+8 when AMD is 6+6 is the typical big problem=big hammer solution NVIDIA favors (larger dies instead of smaller, more efficient dies). Other than that, nothing really stands out.

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
well as i know now 6+8 = 2 more grounds that's it there's no more current available just 2 grounds, which in my experience = no big deal, now if the extra 2 pins were +12volts and ground respective, i could see why they where used but not as they are at the moment here's a little link to a site i used the other week enjoy :)