• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Fermi

System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
performance crown still goes to AMD at the moment... the card is terribly dissapointing when you consider how long nvidia has taken with it. Not really their fault, more like TSMC's fault. I don't think nvidia even contemplated that that silicon would run so hot.

They dont really need this card to sell however since they're making more money with tegra and other lines (hint: the cockroach GPU).
More like design flaw. They did something wroing because re-spinning didn't seem to help hence the 6plus months of delay.

Fermi's performance is not all that great whn you consider price & performance. Nvidia can easy fix this no problem by lowering the price tag but the true problem is power consumption and many don't want a card that sucks back so much power.

This is BullsCrop tell you I

:rockout: sources I trust for reviews:
TechPowerUp & Anandtech

Temperature, Power, & Noise: Hot and Loud, but Not in the Good Way
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3783&p=19
Final Throughts
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3783&p=20

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Hey w1z I'd love to buy it! Only $15M, right? :)

Seriously, please don't stop doing reviews. But these fanboys are aggravating toolboxes all right. It's just a freakin' video card you losers.

In all seriousness.....Wizzard..... It's because you can't stop every bad egg from entering. Especially young people have a hard time telling between constructive criticism and non- constructive criticism.
It's one thing to make a joke and have fun with your comments ..... like I see allot of responsible people doing.

But it's another to see people trolling and making bad and mean comments with no merit behind them.

Maybe a good thing to do would be to have a meeting with your moderators about it...... and try to find away to stop it.

Because when it's starts getting to you that much it is time to do something to stop it.

Keep up the good work!!!:toast:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Most likely 5 series owners getting thier undies in a bundle. Great review on Fermi, I could care less what drivers are used for the other cards. If I'm interested in a review, I'm interested as a potential buyer of reviewed product. Through this very good review I came to the conclusion that my current video card setup is better than this card and I won't be changing anytime soon.

Anyways, many people all over the world have a false sense of entitlement and a false sense of their importance of opinion, you see when they were young thier mommies told them "they can do anything" and gave then anything they want. Now they sit behind their computers all day with overinflated egos and are as useful as a bucket of dirt. People think they matter on the internet. It's all just blablablablablablablablabla.

What is really sad is most people don't know how to criticize constructively. Sitting back in their fake leather chairs, eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew, staring at a computer screen, there is no time to learn to be a real critic. Words like, OMG, FAIL, WTF, etc. are the extent of their intelligence.

Great review that includes a wide variety of video cards to compare from a reviewer that I trust. Thanks for all the hard work to give us this free and valuable information! :toast:

This post is teh failz.

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
i think i'm done ..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously W1zz, I EXPECT your reviews to be the same. Boringly similar even. Same format. Same tests. Same thoroughness. Same VGA card ONLY power usage. I like the fact that I can go back and look at one of your older reviews and see the same info (except for that wiz-bang power meter thingy, which is fine) And I've never picked up a hint of bias in your reviews. I open two sites when I get up in the morning: a news site and TechPowerup! ! :respect:

now ask all your 10.3 review websites whether they used 10.3a or the real whql build

Testing with beta drivers WOULD be a FAIL. Driver updates are always "over promise, under deliver".

Now, back to what this thread is SUPPOSED to be about, the GF100. Is it an advancement of GPU's? Did anyone think the 2900XT was? Think of it this way. A car company brings out a new car that transports 5 people in comfort, does 0-60 in 2.1 sec, does the 1/4 in 10 sec at 150mph and has safety features that wows everyone. Only thing is, it uses gas like a 1970 New Yorker. Would the car even be considered for car of the year? The GF100 is built on the 40nm process, which lead us the expect lower power consumption, but 3.2 million transistors need to be fed. Those 2D clocks are :eek::roll::toast:.
I'm looking forward to the GF104 cards. It will be interesting to see how the GTS450 compares to the GTX285.

Last edited:
System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
i think i'm done .. every time there is a review you people have something to complain about .. suddenly lost all motivation to do any further vga reviews ... anyone interesting in buying a tech site ?

just post your reviews boss then close the thread ,

i really can't beleive the disrespect their has been here
wow how some of you are still here is beyond me
come and give me some stick over at general nonsense instead :mad:

System Name Gamers PC
i think i'm done .. every time there is a review you people have something to complain about .. suddenly lost all motivation to do any further vga reviews ... anyone interesting in buying a tech site ?
Criticism is all part of the game W1zzard. You just keep doing what you do best on the net and that is trust worthy and highly honest reviews. Let those feather dusters talk away.
There’s a cycle, one day ATI wins the day and the other day Nvidia wins the day.

People complaining and criticizing is nothing new, it happens all the time. In regards to older, new & beta drivers, reviewers have there reasons for choosing either of them. I’ve seen many review sites update the review in question with new driver releases as they get released day by day, week by week, month by month. Can it be Nvidia or ATI lining up some pockets perhaps :nutkick:

All in all, keep up the good work, nobody wants to see you go :toast:

Hey, never thought to use WORD spell checker before :p

jessicafae

System Name kumiko
Processor AMD PhenomII 720 (OC 3.32ghz)
Motherboard Asus M3A78-EM
Cooling Zalman CNPS8700 LED
Memory 4GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) MSI R4890 cyclone OC, Sparkle GTS250
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B 1TB
Case Silverstone SG03 SFF
Power Supply Zumax ZU-550Z
Software Windows7 rc1, MirrorsEdge
I think one of the most interesting things about GTX470 GTX480 (Fermi) is
1) it does compete nicely with 5850 and 5870, but needs to "run hot" to do it.
2) but the architecture looks really clean and scalable into the future
3) the "problems" are heat and power (not architecture) and maybe lower clocks than expected (because of heat and power issues)
If 28nm is a clean process, these "problems" could go away and Fermi could have a major performance jump (without any major re-architecture). But I think Fermi shows most of NVidias architecture plans for a couple generations. ATI 6xxx will be their "new" architecture. The 28nm generation battle could have a lot more surprises.

PS: I don't know why everyone is so bent out of shape over this review. w1zzards reviews are clean and simple and as close to "scientific" as one can get. I mean who else includes so many old games with >100fps in their averages? By using so many games the "biases" average out so much better. And with so many graphs, if someone is interested in only one game at one resolution they can check that out and make a choice based on that. And the performance/price and performance/power graphs show real numbers not just someones "feeling" about these in some summary paragraph. If w1zzard would stop reviewing it would be a real loss for the community. ok that's my 2 cents...

nopower09

some people complain. some talking great job. why because some people that complain you want to leave people that still need you, Boss?
i'm joint this forum because this fermi review, and after looking some good review(sapphire 5770 which want i buy because your review)

System Name Gamers PC
some people complain. some talking great job. why because some people that complain you want to leave people that still need you, Boss?
i'm joint this forum because this fermi review, and after looking some good review(sapphire 5770 which want i buy because your review)
WELCOME to TECHPOWERUP :toast:

I have a question for everybody posting on this thread, why is there about 380 posts in this thread but only 13 Diggs? You can find the 13 Diggs on W1zzards 1st post.

Come on people let’s DIGG the review OK.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=117929

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
I think w1z's use of 9.12 was a great way to comapre the gtx 480 at launch to the 5870 performance at launch. so what if he didnt use 10.3 .. you dont think the drivers released from nvidia 3 months from now will not make that bench obsolete?

The review was perfect at comparing the gtx 480 to the competition as if they were both released at the same time.

NOW DIGG IT or TURN in YOUR TPU BADGE!

well stated

compare launch to launch to get an idea of equally balanced card powers. Drivers update and change and add lil' bits of performance but to get a COMPARISON on cards. Drivers should be matched up as closely as possible.

That'd be like taking a henessey viper venom 1000tt and racing it against a corvette c5r. The viper is more powerful yes, but what if it had to race with E-85 ethanol (which it can't but work with me here lol) and the c5r had 110 octane Jet-A fuel. I reckon the c5r would look a lot better than it would if both were using same grade fuel.

Good job wizzard. As a noob looking up to a genius... I salute you :rockout:

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
Yes, im late to the aprty but give wizz some slack, i couldnt read further after u guys ragged on his work

Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:30 PM

Thats when he posted the reviews and i guess hid them, i think you guys are being too hard on him.

Alright, I've been reading through this thread for a bit now. Just want to say a few things. W1zzard & Btarunr are awesome. This site rocks and has always had great reviews, and is considered one of the best on the web. The performance per dollar, performance per watt, and all the added bonuses to more recent and this latest gtx480 review that take up plenty of time are very nice to have. Such a comprehensive review takes plenty of hard work and man hours, no doubt. I consider them perks to visiting this site. Don't take everyone's criticism of this review as hate.

(W1z, please don't give up this awesome work, go relax, buy an orange lambo or something JK;)).

However, as many others have already mentioned, this review sucks. There is too much content to give justice to in a week or two of preparation. This is the biggest review TPU or any GPU hardware review site will publish of the past 9 months and next 9 months. It's obvious who prepared and who did not. The most important review of a year and a half. 9.12 on all the older ati benches skew the output of all the new wonderful bonus review content making the review seem VERY outdated compared to the rest of the web's review content. 10.3 preview came out in early feb, 10.3 final came out march 2nd, 10.3a came out march 13, opengl4 preview march 23, and 10.3b march 25th. Why put all the effort into the added features, and not use the newest drivers?

So you can listen to this thread's and other "places on the interweb"s criticism of this huge important TPU review, and moan right back.
Or quit your job as you said earlier and sell the website for cash.
Or just leave it as it is: a very thorough review done with old drivers and old benchmarks.
Or amend some benches within the review (as is what seems might be happening today)
Or redo a current modern review in the TRADITIONAL TPU BADASSEDNESS with only the newest and most relevant drivers, benches, games, cards, resolutions, and settings.
Take all the time you want, and just release it when you're good and ready, and the review doesn't have to include Riva TNT2 ultras, voodoo banshees, and 7600GS's at 640x480. Your fanbase isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but a dozen or so more old ass reviews will surely deter some of your readers as evidenced already in the first 14 pages of this thread.

Pros of the review: Excellent written content, great photos, Wizzards overclocking section, his high definition photos of the pcb, 4 methods of power consumption tested directly on the card, a thorough card disassembly, his actual measured voltage readings, his additions and creation of gpu-z database, the most games and most cards tested (although a drawback as time progresses and drivers are 4 months old). I love seeing hundreds of games tested at 5 resolutions on 30 cards and the relative performance graphs (but face it, that probably isn't possible every time without a month or more of preparation).

Cons: Old drivers. (Should be 10.3, 10.3a, 10.3b)

Anyways, Cheers W1zzard & Btarunr. This site is excellent, and the forums are packed with laid back people. It's really cool to see you an active member of the forums with good tech knowledge. It's cool to see you on TPU and XS forums. And your contributions go way back. GPU-Z rocks. RBE & BAGGZLASh rock, the popular and current news section is great. Community is cool, Reviews are good, and I'm sure there's dozens of other great attributes to TPU I've yet to explore. I'm glad to be a member here and recommend it to lots of people. It's a good place to be, even if this review is getting the criticism it deserves. Thanks for all your hard work over the years. Not enough people can give you praises. Regretfully, I never praise anyone or anything, and here I am, in conclusion, sending (IMO a great deal of) praise to you. Take that for what it's worth.

Cheers :toast:

-Jared

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
I just wanted to say, GREAT REVIEW w1z. I know exactly what its like (first hand) to have minimal time to get a review done. We have issues at Bjorn3D with our review sample (which I won't go into) but thanks to NVidia for stepping up and handling things, the review was finished and out on the 26th. I felt so bad for our guys reviewing it though, they were up soooooo late because of the crazy time constraints. People who don't do reviews won't really understand the time and effort that goes into them, especially quality ones like you do w1z. It takes me days to do what most people think are simple reviews, but the reality is it takes many hours to write, take pics, run benches, and complete a solid quality review. So for everyone complaining about a simple typo, you really need to stop the bitching and read before you go on a rant typing frenzy.

Anyway, great review w1z, your reviews are always solid and very informative. My only suggestions would be to implement games like BC2, and Stalker COP, etc. But overall, great work as always especially considering the short time I'm sure you had to work with.

Last edited:
System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
completed review w1zzard, excellent work and nice move to put haven benchmark and metro 2033 in the test

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I have a review request for NEXT time. Could you include Bad Company 2? Its also DX11 and uses its own engine.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I love how he says he's quitting and everyone changes tune. Seriously reviews are hard to do and very boring. The amount of effort that goes into each review is rediculous. It took me about 3 hours to do a quick bunch of memory benchies that barely filled one post now look at what w1zz has done. Not to mention keeping this site afloat and what he gets in return in bitchin'. If w1zz did quit I wouldn't be suprised.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Processor intel 2500k 4.3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte ga ds3
Memory 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward 1060 6gb GS
Case same mod for 7 years
Power Supply gamextream 600w
Software win 10 64 ultimate
showing the best of ati to the newcomer from nvidia.. is logical.. show the newcomer what his fighting against today!

Processor intel 2500k 4.3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte ga ds3
Memory 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward 1060 6gb GS
Case same mod for 7 years
Power Supply gamextream 600w
Software win 10 64 ultimate
i saw the update 10.3 now.. my bad and nice mr. Wizz.. funny in some test tho.. hehe

System Name Gamers PC
I love how he says he's quitting and everyone changes tune. Seriously reviews are hard to do and very boring. The amount of effort that goes into each review is rediculous. It took me about 3 hours to do a quick bunch of memory benchies that barely filled one post now look at what w1zz has done. Not to mention keeping this site afloat and what he gets in return in bitchin'. If w1zz did quit I wouldn't be suprised.
Reading your post and looking at your AVATAR I swear I can hear HOUSE talking to me :laugh:

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
i'm not testing a beta driver that appears right before the launch of the biggest competitor. you're still not happy with 10.3 whql ? apparently all of the 9.12 naysayers fell for amd's propaganda of 15% faster drivers

I'm coming into this kind of late but I'd like to say, for the record, thank you for all of your hard work on this. After getting introduced to this site by Wile E and others this has pretty much been my first stop for reviews as well as one of the best communities to be a part of. While I was confused at the 9.12's being used at first I also considered that the 10.3's really had only been out a VERY short time and it just would not have made sense to re-test everything and delaying a review.

Do not let all of the groaning over this decision make you quit. I've seen what happens to a website when one of it's founders goes away and it's painful to watch. :cry:

So, please, don't go? :respect: :toast:

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
performance crown still goes to AMD at the moment... the card is terribly dissapointing when you consider how long nvidia has taken with it. Not really their fault, more like TSMC's fault. I don't think nvidia even contemplated that that silicon would run so hot.

They dont really need this card to sell however since they're making more money with tegra and other lines (hint: the cockroach GPU).

Don't blame TSMC, it's not their job to design GPUs, but to just take designs and manufacture them. This is the same company which manufactures AMD Cypress, which has awesome thermal characteristics. If GF100 fails with its thermals, it's because NVIDIA stuck to its up-the-arse "heil monolithic" philosophy, and the way it went about executing it.

System Name 4k
Processor AMD 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG b550m Mortar Wifi
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 bl8g36c16u4b.m8fe1
Video Card(s) Nvidia Reference 3080Ti
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) LG 48" C1
Case CORSAIR Carbide AIR 240 Micro-ATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W
Software Microsoft Windows10 Pro x64
Don't blame TSMC, it's not their job to design GPUs, but to just take designs and manufacture them. This is the same company which manufactures AMD Cypress, which has awesome thermal characteristics. If GF100 fails with its thermals, it's because NVIDIA stuck to its up-the-arse "heil monolithic" philosophy, and the way it went about executing it.

This is true...

On a side note why cant Standford make the 5 series card scream like the BIONIC guys have? I really feel if the 5870 could fold like it performs in BIONIC that the GTX 480 would be irrelevant all together until another revision or 28nm.