• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce Now Loses More Publishers, Xbox Game Studios and WB Games Wave Goodbye

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
NVIDIA's GeForce Now game streaming service has been a bit of a hit and miss lately, with some of the bigger publishers like Activision-Blizzard, Bethesda, and 2K games revoking availability of their digital game libraries on NVIDIA's service. Possible reasons for those events were unknown and the platform did suffer from it. Some speculations were that the publishers were going to switch their preferred online streaming service platform or build their own. So far it is still a mystery. However, it seems like there is no end to the pain, as some very big publishers decided to revoke their digital libraries as well.

Big names like Microsoft Xbox Game Studios, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Codemasters, and Klei Entertainment have all decided to stop offering their games on the GeForce Now game streaming platform. This is very much a major disappointment and another big setback to the platform, as now you can not play any of the titles from these publishers. Titles from the games series like Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Dirt Rally, Batman and many more, are now not available. It remains to be seen if these publishers announce a move to another streaming service, so we have to wait.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
So... who's left?

System Name It's a box, it games, what more do you want?
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling EVGA CLC 240 Liquid
Memory 2 x 16 Gb DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT MERC310
Storage WD BLACK™ SN770 Gen.4 1TB NVME M.2, Crucial MX300 275 GB M.2 2280, WD Red 4TB SATA-III 256M
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital RGB Black
Power Supply SuperFlower Legion GX Pro 850W
Mouse Mionix Naos QG
Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon RGB Romer-G Tactile
Software Windows 11 x64
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
I was not expecting a company like Nvidia with so strong influence in game publishers to lose so many of them.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Data, guys... data and code ownership. Nvidia is telling publishers they can use their servers to handle the data that doesn't belong to them at all. Its a slippery slope and it also kills any commercial effort to market a streamed gaming service. These same publishers also market their games to other services now, for example Stadia.

And what do the publishers stand to gain? Just about nothing. Meanwhile Nvidia holds all the cards... And its going to hurt the publishers going back on it later when the service has matured and we have grown accustomed to it as part of a Geforce card purchase.

I was not expecting a company like Nvidia with so strong influence in game publishers to lose so many of them.
Why not? Google is much bigger than Nvidia, besides many of them have consoles or Steam to fall back on to.

Basically with "streaming" as the new fad content is king & publishers (or studios) the kingmakers ~ this is why the likes of Netflix, Amazon, Apple have also been bleeding billions on their platforms as well.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Honestly same

It's really hard to understand why game studios are doing this.
Does anyone know? Is there some financial aspect I miss?
Because Nvidia only provides infrastructure. Gamers still have to buy the game elsewhere.

The only 2 reasons I can think of are: game studios plan to run their own cloud gaming services or are already bound by some agreements (the Xbox Game Pass case).

Generally, it's really surprising... even worrying. I though game producers are more mature enterprises.
Imagine Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe banning companies from running their software on cloud...

The anti-cloud TPU group cheers on, but do you understand the consequences?
What if some game studio decided their game can't be run on your PC? Because you have the wrong brand of GPU or CPU or keyboard. Still fun? :)

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
What if some game studio decided their game can't be run on your PC? Because you have the wrong brand of GPU or CPU or keyboard. Still fun? :)

That is a completely different situation, in which you have the mechanics of the marketplace in full effect. If company says product X won't run on configs YZ and only on config X, they effectively killed off 66% of their target market. So that manages itself.

What Nvidia does here, is create a new market effect in that dynamic and it is one publishers don't benefit from. No benefit = no profit = no point. Why would they allow a third party to serve THEIR code to THEIR customers? And stand to gain...nothing? Meanwhile, Nvidia gains a USP for its GPUs by offering a streaming service alongside as added value. It fragments the userbase between haves and have nots per publisher, too.

I'm not seeing the negative consequences here, and I completely understand the publishers' stance in this. Only Nvidia and its customers benefit, which means, only Nvidia benefits. When they stop their service, we have nothing. The theme here is: Nvidia controls things it shouldn't. And that is the theme with ALL cloud services. Cloud is out of your hands and into another, which is the same thing as becoming dependant where you weren't before. Its a loss and cloud providers are desperately trying to make us feel its not, they even happily take financial losses to make us feel that way, until we accept it as a new norm.

Not in my world. Run locally, own your data. Its going to be a thing, and it really already is if you look at the privacy aspect, but also latency wise, and in terms of quality of service too. It also is a different reality than the one for enterprises where cloud offers only advantages, but also creates dependancy. Look at the Microsoft announcements regarding their update policy. Companies are left at its mercy, if you think of it. I'll happily stay far away from that grasp for control... but even Windows 10 is already a small move in that direction.

Last edited:

because publisher are thinking how they can actually monetize this instead letting people play the game they already purchase. right now people are renting nvidia service to play and publisher get nothing from that.

What Nvidia does here, is create a new market effect in that dynamic and it is one publishers don't benefit from.
Of course I absolutely understand Microsoft pulling out what they own or control (via Game Pass). Independent cloud service harms their Xbox and Windows sales.

But it's absolutely transparent to Bethesda or Blizzard whether I run in on a Windows, Linux or cloud service.
I still pay for the game.
No benefit = no profit = no point. Why would they allow a third party to serve THEIR code to THEIR customers?
But Nvidia isn't serving the software. It only provides infrastructure. You bring your own games.
Nvidia merely offers it in an optimized, deployable container, so you don't have to do any admin work.
They don't need the code and they don't recompile the games (although, obviously, that could make the system even more efficient).

And I don't agree with the no benefit part.
Cloud streaming would let more people play games (because they don't own the hardware).
So, by principle, there's no way this could lower game sales, while it could theoretically attract more consumers.
Not in my world. Run locally, own your data. Its going to be a thing, and it really already is if you look at the privacy aspect, but also latency wise, and in terms of quality of service too.
Of course I know you're anti-cloud. Well, it's your choice. Some people don't eat meat, some don't work on Sunday. I'm not trying to convince you to anything.

But you're making up arguments that are impossible to defent. You have to fall back to some "own the code" ideas. :)

And especially on this forum, with all the "competition is good", "pro-choice" and "freedom" nonsense - I find the anti-GeForceNow movement really disturbing.
I mean: I would expect the Nvidia haters to do this, but it goes further.
Game studios effectively FORBID you to play a game on a particular platform.

As I said earlier: if Mathworks said Matlab can't be run on servers, users would make a huge WTF.

because publisher are thinking how they can actually monetize this instead letting people play the game they already purchase. right now people are renting nvidia service to play and publisher get nothing from that.
Exactly. This is pure greed.

Paid streaming services are around the corner anyway. I'm 100% sure game studios won't pull their titles from xCloud and PS Now. Because MS and Sony will pay them.
And Nvidia will have to as well, which means the free option probably won't last. Hurray.

It makes me wonder... what if studios started billing us for gaming on local PCs. What do you think @Vayra86 ? Still great? :)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Not in my world. Run locally, own your data. Its going to be a thing, and it really already is if you look at the privacy aspect, but also latency wise, and in terms of quality of service too. It also is a different reality than the one for enterprises where cloud offers only advantages, but also creates dependancy. Look at the Microsoft announcements regarding their update policy. Companies are left at its mercy, if you think of it. I'll happily stay far away from that grasp for control... but even Windows 10 is already a small move in that direction.

Sorry, but when did you last "buy" a game? Anything you buy today, you don't own. In fact, if the publishers/developers servers are down, you can't even play it, even if it's a game that can be played locally. A lot of games become unplayable after the developer drops support for the game. This was never the case in the past, as if you bought a game, you owned that copy outright. These days, you're seemingly only committing to a long-term rental, which imho is fraud, as that "agreement" is hidden somewhere in the EULA.

I take it you never even tried GeForce Now though? I used it for about a month, as I'm stuck abroad. It's become pointless to use by now, as so few of the games I have paid for (I'm not going to say own), are no longer usable with the service. However, it worked beyond my expectations for most of the time. I was lucky to manage to get a loaner PC, since I think I will be stuck here for at least another couple of months and if I hand't been that lucky, GeForce Now would've been the only way for me to play some games, as my notebook is a few years old and doesn't have a dedicated GPU.

System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
That is a completely different situation, in which you have the mechanics of the marketplace in full effect. If company says product X won't run on configs YZ and only on config X, they effectively killed off 66% of their target market. So that manages itself.

What Nvidia does here, is create a new market effect in that dynamic and it is one publishers don't benefit from. No benefit = no profit = no point. Why would they allow a third party to serve THEIR code to THEIR customers? And stand to gain...nothing? Meanwhile, Nvidia gains a USP for its GPUs by offering a streaming service alongside as added value. It fragments the userbase between haves and have nots per publisher, too.

I'm not seeing the negative consequences here, and I completely understand the publishers' stance in this. Only Nvidia and its customers benefit, which means, only Nvidia benefits. When they stop their service, we have nothing. The theme here is: Nvidia controls things it shouldn't. And that is the theme with ALL cloud services. Cloud is out of your hands and into another, which is the same thing as becoming dependant where you weren't before. Its a loss and cloud providers are desperately trying to make us feel its not, they even happily take financial losses to make us feel that way, until we accept it as a new norm.

Exactly. Thank you. Why is so hard for so many people to see this..?!

System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
Sorry, but when did you last "buy" a game? Anything you buy today, you don't own. In fact, if the publishers/developers servers are down, you can't even play it, even if it's a game that can be played locally. A lot of games become unplayable after the developer drops support for the game. This was never the case in the past, as if you bought a game, you owned that copy outright. These days, you're seemingly only committing to a long-term rental, which imho is fraud, as that "agreement" is hidden somewhere in the EULA.

I take it you never even tried GeForce Now though? I used it for about a month, as I'm stuck abroad. It's become pointless to use by now, as so few of the games I have paid for (I'm not going to say own), are no longer usable with the service. However, it worked beyond my expectations for most of the time. I was lucky to manage to get a loaner PC, since I think I will be stuck here for at least another couple of months and if I hand't been that lucky, GeForce Now would've been the only way for me to play some games, as my notebook is a few years old and doesn't have a dedicated GPU.
True, but cloud gaming is a step further in the "wrong" direction.

Sorry, but when did you last "buy" a game?
Hmm, I wrote a hexagonal Go on some 1st year coding course. I can sell it if someone wants to finally own a game once in their life. Starting at $10000.
Anything you buy today, you don't own.
That hasn't changed. There are just some extra limitations to how a software can be run.
AFAIR Diablo II was the first popular game that forced Internet connection. It caused an absolute meltdown on forums.
Today it's so normal (and connections are so stable) most people don't notice.
This was never the case in the past, as if you bought a game, you owned that copy outright.
You owned the license to use that copy. ;)
But yeah, these were usually lifetime, standalone licenses. That's not so obvious today.

Anyway, GeForce Now doesn't bound your license to that particular service. Some use an argument that Nvidia could kill the service and it would leave people without a way to play. That's obviously not true.

However, if Valve killed Steam, we would be really cut off from the game licenses bought there. Of course the game producer could migrate us to another service, but they aren't obliged to do that.
But somehow I don't see @Vayra86 running around and shouting "buy DVDs and ask for printed license confirmations!" :D

Just how? It changes absolutely nothing in what you're entitled to. You still hold the license to use the software. You're not forced to use the Nvidia service.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Sure, but GeForce Now isn't could gaming, it's a service where you can take advantage of the computational power offered by the cloud, while still playing the games you've paid for, was it not for the greedy publishers pulling 95% of the games I've already paid them for.
Somehow they seem to argue that I'm not allowed to play those games on what technically end up being rented hardware.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10

Maybe those game developers are sick and tired of Nvidia's "strong influence"... After the Game works shenanigans and the GeForce Partnership Program (which was condemned industry wide) why is it so hard for everyone to understand why game studios don't want to work with a bully? The Game Studios don't really gain much from GeForce Now, not nearly as much as Nvidia at least... Maybe Nvidia tried to force a 90%/10% profit split on them or something... With all we know about how Nvidia's behavior and Haung's ego (and the parasitic relationship that jacket has with him) is it really so hard to consider that maybe these Studios are pulling out for some stuff Nvidia did?

Because Nvidia only provides infrastructure. Gamers still have to buy the game elsewhere.

The only 2 reasons I can think of are: game studios plan to run their own cloud gaming services or are already bound by some agreements (the Xbox Game Pass case).

Generally, it's really surprising... even worrying. I though game producers are more mature enterprises.
Imagine Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe banning companies from running their software on cloud...

You do understand that the "Slippery Slope argument" IS a logical fallacy, right?

Of course I absolutely understand Microsoft pulling out what they own or control (via Game Pass). Independent cloud service harms their Xbox and Windows sales.

But it's absolutely transparent to Bethesda or Blizzard whether I run in on a Windows, Linux or cloud service.
I still pay for the game.

But Nvidia isn't serving the software. It only provides infrastructure. You bring your own games.
Nvidia merely offers it in an optimized, deployable container, so you don't have to do any admin work.
They don't need the code and they don't recompile the games (although, obviously, that could make the system even more efficient).

And I don't agree with the no benefit part.
Cloud streaming would let more people play games (because they don't own the hardware).
So, by principle, there's no way this could lower game sales, while it could theoretically attract more consumers.

Of course I know you're anti-cloud. Well, it's your choice. Some people don't eat meat, some don't work on Sunday. I'm not trying to convince you to anything.

But you're making up arguments that are impossible to defent. You have to fall back to some "own the code" ideas. :)

And especially on this forum, with all the "competition is good", "pro-choice" and "freedom" nonsense - I find the anti-GeForceNow movement really disturbing.
I mean: I would expect the Nvidia haters to do this, but it goes further.
Game studios effectively FORBID you to play a game on a particular platform.

As I said earlier: if Mathworks said Matlab can't be run on servers, users would make a huge WTF.

Exactly. This is pure greed.

Paid streaming services are around the corner anyway. I'm 100% sure game studios won't pull their titles from xCloud and PS Now. Because MS and Sony will pay them.
And Nvidia will have to as well, which means the free option probably won't last. Hurray.

It makes me wonder... what if studios started billing us for gaming on local PCs. What do you think @Vayra86 ? Still great? :)

And again, the "Slippery Slope argument" is a logical fallacy.... I'm sorry to all the doom sayers in here, but Game Studios pulling out of GeForce Now WILL NOT result in the rise of a Fascist dystopia like some people here are suggesting.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

Been that way a while, wrong brand GPU , you don't get some features, wrong CPU you can't play this game upgrade your pc?.

This is the way.

Entertainment stuff and commercial or enterprise software were never treated the same before.

They didn't just make Minecraft365 did they, no they added proprietary tech few can use ,pissing on your prior point.

They don't treat licences the Same between games and office apps so that's a poor example.

These Devs clearly have other avenues to commercialise these games that doesn't include Nvidia gaining a monthly subscription.

Sure, but GeForce Now isn't could gaming, it's a service where you can take advantage of the computational power offered by the cloud, while still playing the games you've paid for, was it not for the greedy publishers pulling 95% of the games I've already paid them for.
Somehow they seem to argue that I'm not allowed to play those games on what technically end up being rented hardware.
Aren't the games themselves still on Nvidia's server locally? (where those servers are located). So it is still cloud gaming. Just the ownership method is different and much more consumer friendly than Stadia's.
I think the problem may very well be that Nvidia has a paid tier. Essentially Nvidia is profiting from running 3rd party code from their servers. If it were free 4 all it would be much harder to build a legal argument against them.

But i agree that ultimately it ends up being a publisher greed issue. They want a new sale for every copy played on those servers. That's just unreasonable and double taxing would-be users.
So suprisingly i have to agree with notb's argument here.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
When they stop their service, we have nothing.

If Nvidia shut down GN you can play your games locally unlike Google Stadia.

And again, the "Slippery Slope argument" is a logical fallacy.... I'm sorry to all the doom sayers in here, but Game Studios pulling out of GeForce Now WILL NOT result in the rise of a Fascist dystopia like some people here are suggesting.

Fascist game studios already blocking you from cloud gaming.

ARF

Who uses this service in the first place?
Maybe the "unknown" and "mystery" is just hidden behind lack of financial reason for this whole exercise?!
If no one uses the service, then the publishers don't get money, what's the point?