• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Founders Edition Pictured, Tested

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I heard Soviet Russia is good for folks like you. All the GPUs you can have for free.

Oh wait, it collapsed.

Loving the shitposting, keep up the good work in dumbing down the quality of this forum and lowering the level of discussion.

Last edited:
System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q + AOC 19'
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
Yep, we also used to have antitrust laws and people with spine and balls to implement them against duo(mono)polies, in the age of apathy we have neither anymore. That's why West is turning into shithole.
Worst thing is the Black and White mentality. Oh no, you criticize my product, I should not pay my employees for their work now.

System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
People compare this to the price of the GTX 1060, but forget the RX 480 was on the market at the same time to keep prices a bit lower! Basically, the closest competition to the RTX 2060 will be the RX Vega 56 (if we believe in the leaks), which still costs upwards of $400~$450, except for one or another occasional promotion.

Unless AMD pulls something off their hat in January, $350 to $400 for the RTX 2060 will be in tune with what AMD also offers! Nvidia with their dominant position, is not interested in disrupting the market with price/performance.

Maybe AMD isn't the only competition anymore..? You have 400€ consoles taking their first steps into 4K already. Next generation is most likely going to make 4K mainstream. PC is still mostly 1080p. At this rate I don't foresee big changes in the near future, so PC gaming is probably going to lag behind consoles on resolution (considering highest adoption rates) and costing way more at that. And that's pretty sad.

This is... quite pathetic actually. You can buy a 1070 ti for $350 today. When this comes out you can buy a RTX 2060 @ 1070ti performance for.... the same price. NV priced their cards way too much this time around. RTX 2060 should have come in at $250, the RTX 2070 $350 and so on.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Nice to see bunch of couch GPU designers and financial analysts knows better than a multi million GPU company regarding both technology and pricing. It is called capitalism for a reason, no competition means Nvidia can have free say on how much they price their cards. You don’t like it then don’t buy, good for you. Someone else likes it they buy and it is entirely their own business. NVIDIA is “greedy” sure yeah they better f*ucking be greedy. They are a for profit company not a f*ucking charity. How the hell are they able to develop new GPU designs? NVIDIA engineers should just work out of pure love instead of feeding their families? So much moan and whining

This is pretty much exactly the way it is. I can't think of a single 'successful' manufacturer that produces cheap items in the absence of comparative competition.

Another capitalist with the "not a charity" meme. A hundred years with the same lame excuse.
Price inflation due to lack of competition/monopoly is a good thing now?
Would you kindly be a slave somewhere else? I think Ryan is calling you.

But they're not a bloody charity. They have shareholders who quite literally demand a high ROI. This is how the business works. Yes, it means awful prices but that is life. And I'll add to the charity theme that seems to annoy and say it's a graphics card to enable you to play games. Play games. It's a luxury. It's not bread, it's not education - you are not entitled to it.

The sense of injustice is absolutely wonderful. I'm not a fan of wealth or capitalism but I understand it. What I cannot comprehend is the attitude of people that complain so vehemently about pricing. Take a look around. Every successful company is doing it.

System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
This is pretty much exactly the way it is. I can't think of a single 'successful' manufacturer that produces cheap items in the absence of comparative competition.

But they're not a bloody charity. They have shareholders who quite literally demand a high ROI. This is how the business works. Yes, it means awful prices but that is life. And I'll add to the charity theme that seems to annoy and say it's a graphics card to enable you to play games. Play games. It's a luxury. It's not bread, it's not education - you are not entitled to it.

The sense of injustice is absolutely wonderful. I'm not a fan of wealth or capitalism but I understand it. What I cannot comprehend is the attitude of people that complain so vehemently about pricing. Take a look around. Every successful company is doing it.
That doesn't make it right. Keep rising prices, tolerating it, see what happens.
"They all do it" is not an argument, it's complacency.
Once they see their sales plummet as they see their shares now, we'll see what happens.

Coplaining about stupid prices is not a "sense of injustice", it's an option we have. What are companies now, dictatorship states? "Just buy it at whatever price they ask".

Last edited:
System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
The performance numbers are surprising, faster than I expected.

As for Nvidia's pricing: They will charge as much as they can, which is currently a lot because they have no competition. If AMD or Intel ends up putting out something competitive than maybe we'll see some price drops.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
I have a feeling if Intel and AMD can get their performance numbers to NVIDIA's and include RT they will price along side them, especially Intel.

Gutterbanger

Everyone is complaining about price. Is it really that expensive? And if so, is really that difficult to save money for an extra month or two?

The price is not the problem although it is to high for a card with no future. When RT hits full swing even the 2080 will be under powered for any of the new games. the 1080 TI is enough card for the next four years, by then RT will be in full swing along with many other upgrades that the 2080 is not ready for better cards will be needed. Buying a card for the future now is not going to work IMO. I will wait and buy a card in the future that is actually made to play the games in the future as I think the 2080 in four years will be just like trying to use a GTX 950 to play in 4k now.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
That doesn't make it right. Keep rising prices, tolerating it, see what happens.
"They all do it" is not an argument, it's complacency.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Right and wrong do not apply to capitalism.

Ethical? We can use that - but not right or wrong.

FWIW, I did not upgrade my 1080ti to a 2080ti because for me, it's NOT worth it. But I'm not bitching about it. I'm quietly voting with my wallet but as you'll see, that does nothing to change the situation. Yes - the quaint and rather impotent concept that if I don't buy it, they'll fail... well, there are a lot of people with good incomes that will buy it because to them, it has value.

As for the statement: "are companies dictatorships?" Take a good look at that. Nvidia (NVDA) is a Nasdaq listed company with shareholders that receive dividends for the company's performance. If they started selling cheap cards, the price would tank (that's how it works, it would be seen as a loss of confidence in business product and confidence is what the share index is all about.)

@xkm1948 actually has got it so correct - if you want 'sensibly' priced cards you need a government supported chip maker to swamp the market. Not going to happen. AMD is your only hope of Nvidia prices coming back to earth. And don't hold your breath on that one.

1070ti to 1080 performance for a $350 MSRP is a bargain, people. When the 1070 (non ti) came out the MSRP was $380, and you couldn't find an AIB for under $450.

Performance is up and cost is down, and people are still finding a way to complain. Not to mention the lower power draw of this card means lower thermals and fan profile, and just to add icing on the already sweet cake you get some RT cores you'll never use.

Hell, I paid $400 for a GTX 670 years ago when Kepler came out, it didn't have HALF the performance of this card and it sounded LIKE A LAWNMOWER. I don't know if you guys are just now getting into computer hardware but we didn't all have it this easy.

Last edited:
System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

FWIW, I did not upgrade my 1080ti to a 2080ti because for me, it's NOT worth it. But I'm not bitching about it. I'm quietly voting with my wallet but as you'll see, that does nothing to change the situation. Yes - the quaint and rather impotent concept that if I don't buy it, they'll fail... well, there are a lot of people with good incomes that will buy it because to them, it has value.

As for the statement: "are companies dictatorships?" Take a good look at that. Nvidia (NVDA) is a Nasdaq listed company with shareholders that receive dividends for the company's performance. If they started selling cheap cards, the price would tank (that's how it works, it would be seen as a loss of confidence in business product and confidence is what the share index is all about.)

@xkm1948 actually has got it so correct - if you want 'sensibly' priced cards you need a government supported chip maker to swamp the market. Not going to happen. AMD is your only hope of Nvidia prices coming back to earth. And don't hold your breath on that one.
There is a difference between silently not buying and saying you can't complain at all about pricing.
The fact that "right and wrong don't apply to capitalism" sounds like communism with better cars.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Everyone is complaining about price. Is it really that expensive? And if so, is really that difficult to save money for an extra month or two?

Seems to be at the end of the card.

To refererence the SHS, the bulk of cards on there are x50/x60 that occupy the $150-250 space. You try to overgeneralize things with "And if so, is really that difficult to save money for an extra month or two?" What if it took an individual 10 months just to save up the $250 in the first place? So they're supposed to just save for another 7-8 months? They are, that's we have threads should I buy old gen x or wait for new gen y because by the time they've finally saved up enough new cards are around the corner.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
1070ti to 1080 performance for a $350 MSRP is a bargain, people. When the 1070 (non ti) came out the MSRP was $380, and you couldn't find an AIB for under $450.

I was going to mention something along this line. Sounds like 1070Ti/1080 ballpark for $350. Of course the 1080 came out over 2.5 years ago, the wheels of progress are moving slowly these days ...

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Gonna borrow from another conversation for a moment with this breaking news story;

Some are proceeding with the logic that is based on the idea of comparing a 2060 to a 1070, a 1080 to a 2070, a 1080ti to a 2080 and a Titan to a 2080ti.

The rest of us are not doing that. We're comparing a 1060 to a 2060, 1070 to a 2070, a 1080 to a 2080, a 1080ti to a 2080ti and a GTX Titan to an RTX Titan.

We now return you to your normally scheduled conversation..

It should be looked at like this: What did $350 get me last gen at launch? In this case, pretty much exactly what you get this gen with a little extra slightly useful fluff.

Doesn't make sense though, because that will cannibalize the 2070 and we know that isn't Nvidia's style at all.

I said this in another thread. Either the the price is wrong or the performance is wrong in these charts. The numbers are too close to the 2070.

Vulkan reminds me of Physx... it is there and can be useful in some titles... but isnt a big player.

Vulkan really doesnt seem to have taken hold since its release. Not sure how it can gain traction. Time isnt on its side.

I wish Vulkan would be used more so I could drop Windows completely. If Linux had more share, Vulkan would be used. I think RTX is very much like Vulkan in the sense that the potential user base is so small that adoption will be slow.

I don't think it's better to silently accept things the way they are that you don't want them to be. I think complaining about them is a decent first step towards doing something about it. After all, people could have said the same thing when nvidia released the FX series. But they didn't. They could have said it with the 200 series. But they didn't.

No, nvidia responded to market competition.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-cuts-prices-on-gtx-260-280-graphics-boards/

No, the problem here is AMD's lack of competition. When this kind of "release the same performance at slightly higher pricing" happened, we'd always have ATI to counterbalance it. Well, ATI or 3dfx. Now, though, AMD's purchase of ATI has left the industry crippled. We're either slaves to Intel's greed or nvidia's greed. That's why there's equal amounts of blame to go toward AMD, whose incompetence is stagnating GPU progress throughout the industry. Hopefully, Intel will come along and price low with decent tech and support with good drivers (far from a sure thing) and give us the competition that AMD seemingly is unable to provide to nvidia.

System Name SloMo
Processor G4560
Motherboard MSi H110-PRO-D
Cooling LC-CC-95 @ Arctic Cooling fan
Memory 2X Crucial DDR4 2400 4GB
Video Card(s) Integrated HD 610
Storage WD 500 GB + Seagate 500 GB + Toshiba 3 TB
Display(s) Lenovo D221
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Manhattan Flex BT Headphones, Encore P-801 stereo speakers
Power Supply Corsair CX450M
Mouse microsoft office mouse
Keyboard Modecom mc-800m
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores gorstak @ hwbot.org
You aren't slaves to anything. 8800 GT 512 10 years ago costed 2000kn. I know cuz I bought it. And there were cards like 9800 GTX+ and ultra, that costed a tremendous ammount.
Everything remained the same. You can still buy a modern 8800 GT type for the same price. So mainstream cards remained with same price, and a normal, mainstream desktop pc still costs 4000kn.

System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
I love me some capitalism, but a good product can still be at a bad price point. It's too bad we can't have a discussion about this without so much mudslinging everywhere. I, for one, don't buy into any leaks ever and will judge this card based on actual price-performance in games I play, not with artificial benchmarks. If the price is justified on performance then it's a buy, if it's basically an updated 1070 at the same price, then I'll just scratch my head and move on.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Last I checked, no one is required to by PC components.

The f*ucking age of entitlement to anything. Yep you said it 100% right. i gotta say the education system did a good job training millions pf people to think like this.

Here's a set of facts;
1. Every generation of new GPU's get a price increase.
2. Every generation of GPU's offers a performance increase.
3. People always complain about said price increase while trying to minimize or ignoring the increase in performance.

Every generation gets a price increase? Well hang up just a second there, that's not a 'fact' I've ever heard or seen presented.

1546299878273.png

The average MSRP of a flagship nVidia GPU was set at a hair over $525 for nearly a decade, with the majority of new releases being either cheaper or the same price. The GTX 780 was the first card to buck the trend in half a decade, and the GTX 980 looked like a return to that comfortable average before the 10 series and now 20 series have cranked up the heat. Even with the migration of flagship status to 'Ti' series cards the price increase is felt at the launch of the 20 series, with the 2080 Ti's minimum cost set where the first three generations of Titans were.

I have no argument against the fact that performance increased with each generation, except for with the 9800 GTX but that was a very strange special case as the 8800 Ultra was announced after the 9800 series launched, so there's this distinct overlap of product lines that lead to the 9800 GTX taking a bit of a back seat while still being sold as the flagship product of a new generation.

So the actual fact is the 20 series breaks the trend by being the first product series in over a decade to feature an increased MSRP over a previous generation that also had an increased MSRP. It also features the highest increase in average price, as well as the highest MSRP values to date since the 8800 Ultra 11 years ago. Those facts have helped form the opinion of large group of consumers that the entire product series is overpriced.

Except MSRP, for the 2080Ti At least, is "starting at $999".
That's for the FE direct from NVidia. Most did/do not pay anywhere near that price for an AIB model. For example mine was under $800. Yes, yes.

Every generation gets a price increase? Well hang up just a second there, that's not a 'fact' I've ever heard or seen presented.
You didn't go back far enough and your own graph is incorrect.

You didn't go back far enough and your own graph is incorrect.

I went back over a decade and provided 10 generations of data. Far enough is subjective, but there's plenty of data there to draw a conclusion. Rather than simply say, "You're wrong," please offer up corrections where needed.

It should be looked at like this: What did $350 get me last gen at launch? In this case, pretty much exactly what you get this gen with a little extra slightly useful fluff.
Gotta disagree. It should be looked at like this; " What level of performance can $350 get me today? Does it meet my needs? " While you have a good point, making comparisons to previous gen cards is fruitless as that is not going to help with a current purchase unless you're willing to buy used.

I went back over a decade and provided 10 generations of data. Far enough is subjective, but there's plenty of data there to draw a conclusion. Rather than simply say, "You're wrong," please offer up corrections where needed.
I've already done that previously, you seem to have missed it.. Hint, look on page 3 of this thread.

Last edited:
System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
The f*ucking age of entitlement to anything. Yep you said it 100% right. i gotta say the education system did a good job training millions pf people to think like this.
I'm not forced to get a 2060, but inflating prices sets the bar higher for the competition, so enjoy your mid range at USD700 5 years from now, thanks.