1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nVidia GT300 - What does it mean?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by apheX?, Apr 27, 2009.

1. apheX?

apheX? New Member

Thanks Received:
    So i just read the article about the GT300 and nVidia is developing some cGPU which will make the CPU worthless?

Source

See this is what my question is. When they bring this out what does it mean? Will the CPU actually be worthless...? will we not need motherboards with CPU sockets on them anymore once they refine it..?

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Sure why not any things possible right ?. Sooner or later every thing will be in one piece most likely.

How well it does is to be seen and down to what AMD and INTEL and what they can do. Like hell i think if AMD had the money they would have the CPU on the GPU already shi just takes time. INTEL and AMD will follow if NV get this right and just add there CPU to GPU already.

Do i like it ?.. Erm not really has it would mean upgrading 2 parts and not one all the time. But would be blind of a person not to think that these 2 parts cannot be one. If NV pull it off it be a BIG ol Uck You INTEL which i'd find funny as hell.