• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Readies GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Based on TU116, Sans RTX

System Name PATATAS-3XTR3M3
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Phanteks Glacier One 240MP
Memory 32gb (16x2) G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3080 Ti UV:850@1850
Storage Boot Drive: ADATA XPG SX6000 256gb, Storage Drive: 1TB Samsung 980 x2
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Lian Li O11D Mini
Audio Device(s) Samson SR850 connected to a Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Akko MOD006, Durock POMS
Wouldn't it be easier to name if its the GTX 2060 and RTX 2060, rather than a whole new nomenclature?

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Wouldn't it be easier to name if its the GTX 2060 and RTX 2060, rather than a whole new nomenclature?
That would be the most wise branding for these. RTX for raytracing, GTX for no raytracing. And they could still put low-end models for 2000 series, just like with good old GT and GTS.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
source: VideoCardz

ah ok, fake news then

I wouldn't count on it. How else are they going to populate the midrange and entry level? Its either going to be Pascal refresh or this Turing adaptation, and it clearly isn't going to be larger than required Turing RTX dies further cut down - they are still competing with AMD especially in this segment and they have to compete on raw price/perf.

The biggest question is really just what name they will give it. It seems like they want to separate RTX 2xxx from everything else very clearly, which also hints at RTX's future - not very rosy. If they keep it segmented off for a high end proposition, it will die. For the current high end, we may yet see them fill up the entire product stack with non-RT capable Turing cards. Don't be surprised if they do - after all, shareholders rule the game, not gamers. If they can't sell Turing RTX cards, they will start pushing alternatives. They might also not be so keen on lowering prices because Turing RTX dies are still massive, yields won't be fantastic, and a non-RTX die can easily be 20% smaller.

I just need to look at my own situation: RTRT is a complete dud so far, my 1080 runs everything I throw at it and if I was high-res gaming, a 2080 would be the only possible move forward but its already priced way out of my comfort zone. 1080ti's are pretty much gone by now. So what's left? A 2070 for nonexistant RT and zero extra performance? A Radeon VII if I'm really desperate? And all that trouble just to get 1080ti performance two years after it released? Nvidia can't explain to any shareholder that the entire Pascal high end customer base has no incentive to upgrade within their product stack. Radeon VII, even if its only a symbolic launch, is right there ready to throw a spanner in the works up unto 2080 levels as well - even just the chance of AMD changing course and pushing more of those out at aggressive pricing can be enough to make buyers wait it out. Shareholders aren't going to buy the RTX marketing BS like some consumers did - they're not going to sit there and wait because Nvidia says so. Money rules, look at the chart below, factor in Nvidia's outlook, and consider you having a bunch of shares - buy, keep or sell? I'd be selling right now; Nvidia isn't going to release another Pascal anytime soon and mining is dead.

Remember, you're looking at a company whose stock price took a nosedive this year and set them back to 2H2017. All bets are off.

1547721991394.png

Last edited:
System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
I seriously doubt they'll release any new GTX cards that outperform the RTX 2060 even in non-raytracing gaming as that would cripple their push for RTX adoption.

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
I wouldn't count on it. How else are they going to populate the midrange and entry level? Its either going to be Pascal refresh or this Turing adaptation, and it clearly isn't going to be larger than required Turing RTX dies further cut down - they are still competing with AMD especially in this segment and they have to compete on raw price/perf.

The biggest question is really just what name they will give it. It seems like they want to separate RTX 2xxx from everything else very clearly, which also hints at RTX's future - not very rosy. If they keep it segmented off for a high end proposition, it will die.

I don't know man, this whole story stinks. Let's say Nvidia knew RTX would be a flop, why would they release 2xxx first? Why not release 11xx first and let RTX tech advance a little more behind the curtains. Releasing 2xxx first then 11xx sounds absolutely retarded.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I don't know man, this whole story stinks. Let's say Nvidia knew RTX would be a flop, why would they release 2xxx first? Why not release 11xx first and let RTX tech advance a little more behind the curtains. Releasing 2xxx first then 11xx sounds absolutely retarded.

People would NEVER upgrade to RTX if it was more expensive and offered equal or less performance. That is why we saw the unique timing of Pascal's overstock drying up just about when Nvidia's Turing line up was hitting the shelves. They're like that salesman saying 'these are the last ones' only to pull out another box when his new product arrives a bit late. Nvidia creates artificial demand by carefully controlling the supply chain.

Even on this very forum there is a whole bunch of users that upgraded to a 2070 or 2080 because the 1080ti's were all gone or priced out of reach. That alone answers your questions perfectly. People don't buy RTX for the RTX. They buy it for performance over what they had prior to it.

Nvidia sincerely believed they had it all sorted out with RTX: they own the high end market, and they were going to give it something new to spend on. It is pure arrogance and it always meets the same end: a slow, painful death. Gsync is a recent example of that - they're still trying to market that as something that is on another level as VRR while everybody with two brain cells knows its not. PhysX: the only part of it that is alive is the shared CPU code. Not the GPU acceleration that is proprietary. GameWorks: the only tech that survives more than a handful of games is that which is picked up as industry standard, stuff like FXAA for example. That is also the irony of all that proprietary tech; if its truly good, its almost impossible to not make it a standard; the market almost forces you to do so.

So, why 11xx after 20xx? Right now you've got tons of gamers with fat wallets sitting on their money, waiting for something worth spending on. They still want their high refresh 1440p content driven, they still want their 4K ultra, and they still want their 1080p120+, and they are done paying a premium on it when there is no need to. 11xx can easily capture that market right now, minds are ready for it. Look at how happy people (even W1zzard) became when the 2060 rivalled 1080 performance at a 350 dollar price point. Progress! An actually interesting product in an otherwise desolate landscape. I will say this: when an Nvidia x60 card is the greatest reason for joy something is very, very wrong with your proposition :D

Last edited:
If it brings GTX 1070 performance or near that level for $250, Nvidia could have a massive winner on this one!

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
why would they wanna release this kind of gpu? lol

i knew it... lol

The biggest question is really just what name they will give it. It seems like they want to separate RTX 2xxx from everything else very clearly, which also hints at RTX's future - not very rosy. If they keep it segmented off for a high end proposition, it will die. For the current high end, we may yet see them fill up the entire product stack with non-RT capable Turing cards. Don't be surprised if they do - after all, shareholders rule the game, not gamers. If they can't sell Turing RTX cards, they will start pushing alternatives. They might also not be so keen on lowering prices because Turing RTX dies are still massive, yields won't be fantastic, and a non-RTX die can easily be 20% smaller.

I just need to look at my own situation: RTRT is a complete dud so far, my 1080 runs everything I throw at it and if I was high-res gaming, a 2080 would be the only possible move forward but its already priced way out of my comfort zone. 1080ti's are pretty much gone by now. So what's left? A 2070 for nonexistant RT and zero extra performance? A Radeon VII if I'm really desperate? And all that trouble just to get 1080ti performance two years after it released? Nvidia can't explain to any shareholder that the entire Pascal high end customer base has no incentive to upgrade within their product stack. Radeon VII, even if its only a symbolic launch, is right there ready to throw a spanner in the works up unto 2080 levels as well - even just the chance of AMD changing course and pushing more of those out at aggressive pricing can be enough to make buyers wait it out. Shareholders aren't going to buy the RTX marketing BS like some consumers did - they're not going to sit there and wait because Nvidia says so. Money rules, look at the chart below, factor in Nvidia's outlook, and consider you having a bunch of shares - buy, keep or sell? I'd be selling right now; Nvidia isn't going to release another Pascal anytime soon and mining is dead.

Remember, you're looking at a company whose stock price took a nosedive this year and set them back to 2H2017. All bets are off.

View attachment 114644

Imo their whole rtx line up is a disgrace because apart from RTX 2080ti they add absolutely nothing to the table performance wise. Ray Tracing is almost useless in 2019, will be in 2020, and when it is relevant you already need to buy new gpu model.

Meanwhile the prices kept getting worse, and we are guilty too. People going crazy because the 7th, I repeat, 7th fastest gpu in the world right now costs "only" 420€ here on Europe (rtx 2060). So they buy it like hot cakes. Pathetic.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
why would they wanna release this kind of gpu? lol

i knew it... lol
Why not? Everyone isn't drooling about RTX ON.. I see more difference when switching from high settings to very high/ultra settings than some dumb ray-tracing.

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
People would NEVER upgrade to RTX if it was more expensive and offered equal or less performance. That is why we saw the unique timing of Pascal's overstock drying up just about when Nvidia's Turing line up was hitting the shelves. They're like that salesman saying 'these are the last ones' only to pull out another box when his new product arrives a bit late. Nvidia creates artificial demand by carefully controlling the supply chain.

Even on this very forum there is a whole bunch of users that upgraded to a 2070 or 2080 because the 1080ti's were all gone or priced out of reach. That alone answers your questions perfectly. People don't buy RTX for the RTX. They buy it for performance over what they had prior to it.

Nvidia sincerely believed they had it all sorted out with RTX: they own the high end market, and they were going to give it something new to spend on. It is pure arrogance and it always meets the same end: a slow, painful death. Gsync is a recent example of that - they're still trying to market that as something that is on another level as VRR while everybody with two brain cells knows its not. PhysX: the only part of it that is alive is the shared CPU code. Not the GPU acceleration that is proprietary. GameWorks: the only tech that survives more than a handful of games is that which is picked up as industry standard, stuff like FXAA for example. That is also the irony of all that proprietary tech; if its truly good, its almost impossible to not make it a standard; the market almost forces you to do so.

So, why 11xx after 20xx? Right now you've got tons of gamers with fat wallets sitting on their money, waiting for something worth spending on. They still want their high refresh 1440p content driven, they still want their 4K ultra, and they still want their 1080p120+, and they are done paying a premium on it when there is no need to. 11xx can easily capture that market right now, minds are ready for it. Look at how happy people (even W1zzard) became when the 2060 rivalled 1080 performance at a 350 dollar price point. Progress! An actually interesting product in an otherwise desolate landscape.

Ok, you sound like a VGA historian holy shit:) While theres a lot of great info here, one thing you're getting wrong:

It is too soon to bury RTX my fren. Have you seen the recently released Atomic Heart RTX demo? Man I never want to see those old geometric fake shadows in a game again. There's a lot of misunderstanding in the community regarding RTX: Theres a huge chunk of people who believe RTX is nothing more than a dumb reflection in a puddle. I've been analyzing RT from the Metro Exodus released last year, it's absolutely magnificent.

The recent Atomic Heart demo showcased a new side of RT, I didn't know it could have such a beautiful effect on one-directional light (and the resulting shadows).

People are only checking the damn FPS numbers, but absolutely underestimate the beautiful results of RT.

Too soon, I'm not ready to bury RT, no it's not a dud. I gladly take an FPS hit in exchange for immersive and realistic graphics/shadows

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Ok, you sound like a VGA historian holy shit:) While theres a lot of great info here, one thing you're getting wrong:

It is too soon to bury RTX my fren. Have you seen the recently released Atomic Heart RTX demo? Man I never want to see those old geometric fake shadows in a game again. There's a lot of misunderstanding in the community regarding RTX: Theres a huge chunk of people who believe RTX is nothing more than a dumb reflection in a puddle. I've been analyzing RT from the Metro Exodus released last year, it's absolutely magnificent.

The recent Atomic Heart demo showcased a new side of RT, I didn't know it could have such a beautiful effect on one-directional light (and the resulting shadows).

People are only checking the damn FPS numbers, but absolutely underestimate the beautiful results of RT.

Too soon, I'm not ready to bury RT, no it's not a dud. I gladly take an FPS hit in exchange for immersive and realistic graphics/shadows

Absolutely. I agree, the demo is impressive. But I'm more of a realist than one to dream away at 'what could be'.

- I'm looking at 12nm (already maxed out) and then a 7nm node after that... and nothing else in the pipeline for the foreseeable future after that. I still haven't seen how RTX is going to hit the masses at a reasonable price point. The 2060 certainly isn't it, and we also certainly will need more than 10 gigarays (2080ti) to get that demo we've seen interactive at decent FPS. Decent being 40-60. Not even 60 locked. Port Royal gets 37 FPS averages using those 10 gigarays, on the largest ever gaming GPU die, on a resolution that is old news.

- There are many other things to do that benefit the visual appearance of gaming. And they want a LOT of GPU horsepower too - but they are readily available in terms of content and require no extra dev work either. The aforementioned 1440p120+, the 4K60 experience. The ever larger ultrawides. Those are things people buy other hardware for. Its a primary concern. RTRT is just a quality setting - and its fighting an uphill battle against these resolutions and refresh rates, because when people buy into those, they want them in their games too - with or without RT. Will you really downscale your content just to have RT at 25% of the res you can actually play on (4K > 1080p)? Or suffer bad pixel mapping because 1440p won't scale nicely to 1080p? Oh yeah, and don't forget its on a per-game basis too.

- Consoles, so far, aren't moving along. The majority of the gaming market is based on console content releases. That ties into the chicken vs egg situation with RT enabled content. Today, there's barely anything to see and even the list of games that will use it, is very limited, and PC only. PC only also means the target market for every dev that uses RTRT is limited. Not very attractive to spend money on. Its not going to make you a different game and you can't charge a premium for it either. And here's the kicker: DXR is DirectX = Xbox only. You know, that console that is losing the war every time, designed by a company that is still pushing all the wrong buttons for gamers at large.

So... nope. Not happening.

Last edited:
I wonder if Jensen Huang finds this rumor underwhelming. No RTX, No DLSS. Will it be crushed ?
+1

2060 is 1080 performance so this will match 1070.If pricing matches rx590 we'll have a card worth looking at in the sub-300 range, cause atm rx590 is a farce. 4% faster than rx580 OC vs OC and $50 more expensive.
I don't know how you got that 4% faster than RX580 OC vs. OC. If you check TPU's Sapphire RX 580 review, it shows a 4,4% OC. Same Sapphire RX 590 OC results show 3,9% jump. And the performance difference is around 10%. So I really don't know how you got that 4%. If you check OC results for the 2060 and 1080, there is a bigger gap for the 1080 with 9,% and 13,8% respectively. Plus it's somewhat slower than the 1080.

Well if you see that on one side, you get the RT feature, while on the other side to get enough fps to get higher quality RT, you get reduced graphics in other territories.

If it brings GTX 1070 performance or near that level for $250, Nvidia could have a massive winner on this one!
Mark my words: it either won't be 1070 performance level or won't be as low as $250. Hey, you forgot it, it's NV.

Last edited:
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I don't know how you got that 4% faster than RX580 OC vs. OC. If you check TPU's Sapphire RX 580 review, it shows a 4,4% OC. Same Sapphire RX 590 OC results show 3,9% jump. And the performance difference is around 10%. So I really don't know how you got that 4%. If you check OC results for the 2060 and 1080, there is a bigger gap for the 1080 with 9,% and 13,8% respectively. Plus it's somewhat slower than the 1080.

Yeah people's perception of the 2060 is so off the mark its unreal. In reality for most reviews you're looking at an OC versus stock comparison and everybody misses that. The 1080 is notably faster and when you go to 1440p or 4K the gap widens, especially in min. FPS. The frametime consistency of the 2060 is horrible (comparable to 980ti), while the 1080 is rock solid all the way up to 4K/high. Somehow people think that lacking 2 GB VRAM and some bus width doesn't matter.

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro
2060 is 1080 performance so this will match 1070.If pricing matches rx590 we'll have a card worth looking at in the sub-300 range, cause atm rx590 is a farce. 4% faster than rx580 OC vs OC and $50 more expensive.

It's more around a GTX 1070Ti, depending on the game.

The TU116 is already cut down on the hardware level by 20%, thus putting it below a plain GTX 1070 already, if they don't touch the clocks.

It's just a jab at Polaris V1.3 as the GTX 1060 GP106 or 104 based is on it's way out / off the shelves.

This thing if it's coming at all is just to bridge the price and performance gap between the RTX 2050 (if we get it) and the RTX 2060.

Processor Ryzen 5600X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Software Win11
So maybe the Ray-less Turings look like this ??
TU116_full.PNG

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
I wonder if Jensen Huang finds this rumor underwhelming. No RTX, No DLSS. Will it be crushed ?
C'mon, this will sell under 300usd, not 699usd.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
NVIDIA can afford to sell at sub-$300 price
Poor nVidia is struggling to make us cards it "can afford" selling at "sub $300" price.

Yeah people's perception of the 2060 is so off the mark its unreal. In reality for most reviews you're looking at an OC versus stock comparison and everybody misses that. The 1080 is notably faster and when you go to 1440p or 4K the gap widens, especially in min. FPS. The frametime consistency of the 2060 is horrible (comparable to 980ti), while the 1080 is rock solid all the way up to 4K/high. Somehow people think that lacking 2 GB VRAM and some bus width doesn't matter.
They've been busy drinking the Nvidia Kool-Aid :laugh:.

M2B

Processor Intel Core i5-8600K @4.9GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
Memory XPG 8GBx2 - 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition 8G 11Gbps
Storage 2x Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U
Case Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Power Supply EVGA 650 P2

Frametime Consistency of RTX 2060 is completely normal.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...-founders-edition-review-benchmark-vs-vega-56

The lack of "bus width" has nothing to do with frametime consistency, the GDDR6 memory makes up for that.
Frametime inconsistency might happen because of the limited framebuffer at 4K but it's very rare.
RTX 2060 is a 1080p/1440p card after all, and even if you wish to game at 4K with it you're gonna lower the settings anyway so the RTX 2060 benchmarks at 4K/ultra in recent demanding games are useless.
I see your point, some very memory intensive games such as Wolfenstein 2 do need more than 6GB to run at higher resolutions without any problems but that doesn't mean the RTX 2060 has frametime issues in general.

Last edited:
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
They should've named the RTX parts RTX 20xx and the GTX parts GTX 11xx, and then next gen be RTX 30xx and GTX 12xx.

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
Poor nVidia is struggling to make us cards it "can afford" selling at "sub $300" price.
Lol I was going to quote that line too.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
They should've named the RTX parts RTX 20xx and the GTX parts GTX 11xx, and then next gen be RTX 30xx and GTX 12xx.

Even better: GeForce for non-RTX parts, RayForce for RTX-enabled ones :laugh:

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

This is my thoughts. It doesn't make much sense to me to change number and moniker to differentiate product lines.