• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Releases GeForce 466.11 Game Ready Drivers

System Name Workstation
Processor Intel Core-i9 9960x
Motherboard Asus WS X299 SAGE
Cooling Custom
Memory Crucial Ballistix 128 GB (8 x BL2K16G36C16U4B)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Storage Intel Optane 905P (SSDPED1D015TAX1), Sabrent Rocket 2 TB, 4 x HGST DC HC530
Display(s) NEC PA272W-BK-SV, Eizo CG2700S-BK
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX II, Sony WH-1000XM
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1200 W
Mouse Logicool G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard Logicool G810
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, several Adobe software
Someone else can test these with a 1080 Ti, I'm too lazy to test every driver version. :laugh:
I did. I haven't seen anything wrong about 466.11 yet, other than a very few crashes with Cyberpunk 2077 (v1.21 Hotfix), but that was something I expected.

My result with 466.11 after 2 days:

- Fixed raw images showing up as black (blank?) images in Bridge and Lightroom for me. Not Adobe's fault. This issue was from the Re-Bar driver (465.89), which I uninstalled immediately. I have no idea when this issue started or from which driver or branch, but 441.66 and 456.71 (Studio driver) didn't have it.
- Cyberpunk 2077 ran fine, but with a very few crashes. Something I always expected from Cyberpunk 2077. Probably memory leak like some people reported in CDPR forums, Steam forums and Reddit, because the crashes seemed related to opening map or trying to hack objects (cameras, turrets, etc.). Free roaming and other things didn't crash the game.
- Didn't have problem running and playing Nioh 2, and so did 441.66 and 456.71.
- This is not a studio driver, but I didn't have problem with Photoshop at all. Re-Bar driver sometimes caused Photoshop not detecting and using my GPU. Restarting Photoshop fixed it.
- Yakuza 6 crashed a lot, but I'm sure it didn't have nothing to do with the new driver. QLOC being the studio porting the game does have something to do with the game's problems (SEGA, please stop using them!).
- Didn't have problem with Firefox (browsing, watching videos, etc.). I don't have Chrome and would rather not have one so I couldn't test the driver with it. Didn't test the driver with Edge either.

I came a long way from 441.66 and 456.71. From what I read, many other Pascal users have been using 456.71 too although they're using the Game-Ready driver, not the studio one I had. But I'm confident to replace my 441.66 and 456.71 with this driver. Hopefully nothing will go wrong or bad in many days to come. Seems a very good and stable driver for me, but keep in mind that I don't play games a lot and often (always have a lot of projects to work in) so I have no idea if this driver works great with many games.

Your result may be different from mine. I say it doesn't hurt to try. You can always go back to 456.71 or whatever driver works for you if 466.11 gives you problem.

@qubit is our resident “throw all caution to the wind” driver tester. :laugh:

I always have a feeling of admiration towards those who always take one for the team.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
I did. I haven't seen anything wrong about 466.11 yet, other than a very few crashes with Cyberpunk 2077 (v1.21 Hotfix), but that was something I expected.

- Fixed raw images showing up as black (blank?) images in Bridge and Lightroom for me. Not Adobe's fault. This issue was from the Re-Bar driver (465.89), which I uninstalled immediately. I have no idea when this issue started or from which driver or branch, but 441.66 and 456.71 (Studio driver) didn't have it.
- Cyberpunk 2077 ran fine, but with a very few crashes. Something I always expected from Cyberpunk 2077. Probably memory leak like some people reported in CDPR forums, Steam forums and Reddit, because the crashes seemed related to opening map or trying to hack objects (cameras, turrets, etc.). Free roaming and other things didn't crash the game.
- This is not a studio driver, but I didn't have problem with Photoshop at all. Re-Bar driver sometimes caused Photoshop not detecting and using my GPU. Restarting Photoshop fixed it.
- Yakuza 6 crashed a lot, but I'm sure it didn't have nothing to do with the new driver. QLOC being the studio porting the game does have something to do with the game's problems (SEGA, please stop using them!).
- Didn't have problem with Firefox (browsing, watching videos, etc.). I don't have Chrome and would rather not have one so I couldn't test the driver with it. Didn't test the driver with Edge either.

I came a long way from 441.66 and 456.71. From what I read, many other Pascal users have been using 456.71 too although they're using the Game-Ready driver, not the studio one I had. But I'm confident to replace my 441.66 and 456.71 with this driver. Hopefully nothing will go wrong or bad in many days to come. Seems a very good and stable driver for me, but keep in mind that I don't play games a lot and often (always have a lot of projects to work in) so I have no idea if this driver works great with many games.

Your result may be different from mine. I say it doesn't hurt to try. You can always go back to 456.71 or whatever driver works for you if 466.11 gives you problem.

I always have a feeling of admiration towards those who always take one for the team.
Thanks buddy, I'll probably install those later today. :toast:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

Very thorough driver review, my friend. Thanks! Hope all is good with you.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit