• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Springs Ahead with New GeForce Game Bundles

Tired of shoveling snow? Want to beat the winter blahs? How about ushering in the start of spring with two new exciting game bundles from NVIDIA? Starting today, gamers who purchase select NVIDIA GeForce GTX desktop GPUs and GeForce GTX-powered notebooks can take advantage of two new bundle offerings, a redeemable code for DAYLIGHT or $150 of in-game currency for Heroes of Newerth, Path of Exile, and Warface.

DAYLIGHT, a procedurally-generated psychological thriller from Zombie Studios, is also the world's first game built on Unreal Engine 4. Featuring NVIDIA PhysX technology for an interactive, immersive nightmare, DAYLIGHT will scare the pants off you as you explore an abandoned hospital with only your cell phone for illumination. Purchasers of GeForce GTX TITAN graphics cards, as well as GTX 780 Ti, 780, 770, 760, 690, 680, 670, 660 Ti and 660, will receive a redemption code for DAYLIGHT, which will be activated on April 11, 2014, the day the game launches.

Alternatively, purchasers of GeForce GTX 650, 650 Ti, 750, 750 Ti desktop graphics cards or other select GeForce GTX based notebooks will receive $150 ($50 per title) of in-game currency for three of the world's most popular free-to-play titles, which combined have more than 65 million registered users worldwide:
  • Warface, a brand new shooter from the creators of FarCry and Crysis
  • Heroes of Newerth, a session-based multiplayer RPG game based on the phenomenally popular Defense of the Ancients (DOTA)
  • Path of Exile, an online action RPG set in a dark fantasy world, that also garnered Gamespot's PC Game of the Year 2013 award

The DAYLIGHT and Free-To-Play bundles are available starting today from leading e-tailers and system builders including. For a full list of participating partners, please visit: http://www.geforce.com/freedaylight or http://www.geforce.com/14f2pbundle.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Video Card(s) 4x SAPPHIRE 100362BF4SR Radeon R9 290 unlocked to 290X
Storage 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB in raid0, 2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
Display(s) 3x Asus VS238H-P 23.0"
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W
Software Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
Yay, more currency for F2P games...

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Looking forward to checking out Daylight :fear:

System Name Off-Brand PC System
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard X399
Cooling Wraithripper
Video Card(s) Vega 64
Benchmark Scores Less than Intel and Nvidia
Eww. Yuck. Hoofa!

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
In game currency, so we can support the idea of in game transactions.

"I was losing the game against superior players, but my parents make enough so I can pay off EA and other publishers with in game transactions to win!!!"

Congratulations on becoming the problem Nvidia. Asshats.

Alternatively, purchasers of GeForce GTX 650, 650 Ti, 750, 750 Ti desktop graphics cards or other select GeForce GTX based notebooks will receive $150 ($50 per title) of in-game currency for three of the world's most popular free-to-play titles, which combined have more than 65 million registered users worldwide

Just give me $150 off and I will buy my own dam games not these re-used / re-hashed imitations of Free 2 play games my niece has been playing for 2 years on her android phone.

Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965BE 3.4@3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD70
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 4x ADATA XPG Gaming Series DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CL9 2GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 560ti
Storage KingstonSSDNow V Series SNV425-S2BD/64GB; WD 500GB Black; WD 1TB Black; WD 2TB Green
Display(s) ASUS VW266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Case NZXT PHantom Black full fan complement
Audio Device(s) Onboard with 5.1 Logitech speakers
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores Truth be told, never really bothered to overclock it... I probably should. Any tips? Send me a PM.
Just give me $150 off and I will buy my own dam games not these re-used / re-hashed imitations of Free 2 play games my niece has been playing for 2 years on her android phone.

I'd be fine with $30 off or a far better selection in which you can choose what the $150 goes into (I like some free to play games, but I don't want to have valueless "money" laying around for programs I will never use). This selection seems lackluster at best.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I don't get all the rage about nVidia including in-game currency for F2P games. It was the same thing last time. However, the bundle last time was far more luring with Warframe, BLR, etc. I do play F2P games and I wouldn't mind some in-game currency. What's the big deal? I don't understand how much time people have to spend on games, when I can focus on getting good on 1-2 titles max and the rest is just for the story-mode. Why "never-settle", I've already settled with what I want to play. Starcraft requires continuous improvement, you know :D

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
I don't get all the rage about nVidia including in-game currency for F2P games. It was the same thing last time. However, the bundle last time was far more luring with Warframe, BLR, etc. I do play F2P games and I wouldn't mind some in-game currency. What's the big deal? I don't understand how much time people have to spend on games, when I can focus on getting good on 1-2 titles max and the rest is just for the story-mode. Why "never-settle", I've already settled with what I want to play. Starcraft requires continuous improvement, you know :D

Indeed, besides they have just come from the excellent Pirates, Heroes and Spies bundle too so they are allowed a hall pass this time.

Regardless the F2P model is hugely popular these days, and if you don't care for the games sell the codes, no need to whine and cry about it.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
AOE is the only one i would play and i bet you cannot just use the whole $150 on one game and the max is %40 which is BS..

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Indeed, besides they have just come from the excellent Pirates, Heroes and Spies bundle too so they are allowed a hall pass this time.

Regardless the F2P model is hugely popular these days, and if you don't care for the games sell the codes, no need to whine and cry about it.

Its the plague of gaming, when you have a diseased hand or foot you cut it off. In game transactions mean players without skill ruin the game for players who want to win through skill and work. Imagine showing up to a soccer or other pro game and instead of playing the players just pay the reps to allow them to win. Sounds fun and fair right?

Its about gamers owning the game and content they play, I will pay for a game, but I don't want to have to pay another $9.99 to buy the X gun or whatever to progress, I want to earn it through challenges and skills acquired. This is the equivalency of every kid getting a award for participation, even if they failed and didn't participate. It is the McDonalds dollar menu vomit repackaged and resold as value added, pre-digested.

TLDR; in game transactions are gangrene to the gaming community.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Its the plague of gaming, when you have a diseased hand or foot you cut it off. In game transactions mean players without skill ruin the game for players who want to win through skill and work. Imagine showing up to a soccer or other pro game and instead of playing the players just pay the reps to allow them to win. Sounds fun and fair right?

Well life isn't fair, besides I really don't agree with buying a higher level character either, but hey equally not everyone wants to grind endlessly just to catch up with the friends who are all playing far higher level content already. If people are happy to pay for instant progress then that is their prerogative.

The top Premier League teams have buy and pay the best players to have any hope of winning anything, and seeing as they are the few that can afford to do so, it isn't fair to other teams either, but soccer like gaming is big business and that is just the nature of the beast these days.

Its about gamers owning the game and content they play, I will pay for a game, but I don't want to have to pay another $9.99 to buy the X gun or whatever to progress, I want to earn it through challenges and skills acquired. This is the equivalency of every kid getting a award for participation, even if they failed and didn't participate. It is the McDonalds dollar menu vomit repackaged and resold as value added, pre-digested.

The problem is Millions have already shown they were happy to pay out each month just to play a game, and then pay out again for the countless expansions.

You might not get the full experience with F2P games, but the fact is you can play them without getting your wallet out.

/shrug

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64

There is a difference between F2P and pay-to-win games. It largely depends on what the game mechanic is and how the developers solve this problem. It could happen in one title, but it's not a rule for all F2P games. I will give a small gameplay example. Let's take Blacklight retribution. All the goodies are level locked unless you pay with real money, however after each kill you can "borrow" your opponents hard-cash-forked weapon and play with it.

Inherently there is no conflict between F2P and P2W, its all up to how the game is thought out. After sinking 150 hours in Warframe and about the same in BLR I can tell you, if I had a business/wife/kids/study medicine/engineering right now and I like a F2P game I would pay for progress right out of the bat, to save myself lots of time and still enjoy the game. In that particular case I'd take a micro transaction gladly, instead of playing 2-4 hours a week continuously for a year and just scratch the surface of the game. While writing this I relaized this shows how well the micro-transaction model is working.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
its the same model many games like candy crush use. Mindless entertainment and lack of skill in associating causality for improvements and effects are why people pay.

Do either of you like or play Civ or other strategy games?