• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Surpasses Intel in Market Cap Size

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Should not be rooting for any for profit company in the first place. They are not charity. They are in to make profit. Get over the feelings

you have to explain the logic behind that one.
If a company suddenyl pops up to deliver 2x the internet speeds at 80% of hte price, bring it on, sure they want to make a profit (by hopefully attracting tons of people with this package) but as a consumer its better for me as well so I would be rooting for that company to do well.

Tesla makes and pushes electric cars/vehicles now and idk how much experience you have with them but an electric car pulling away in the morning, the silence of it, or an electric scooter passing you, no sound, no smell, its fantastic, more of that pls.

AMD tried multiple things that are good imo, think of Mantle, a close to the metal API push that spawned Vulcan and pushed DirectX a bit in a similair direction, the concept of True Audio, finally a company that values audio improvement (50% of the experience) over the always pushed graphics all the time. Or what about Freesync as opposed to the competitions "extra money pls" G-sync, that even pushed the competition to work on that same concept.

And that is just the graphics devision, Ill be rooting for AMD because I like these sort of approuches and mindset.

Meanwhile Nvidia has....upped their prices by a ton, bought and effectively killed what could have been with PhysX and a lot more shady stuff that Im not in favor off.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Meanwhile Nvidia has....upped their prices by a ton
as opposed to amd,who sells 250mm dies at 400 usd,which they initially wanted to sell at 450 but super lineup got in the way
give me a break

the concept of True Audio, finally a company that values audio improvement (50% of the experience) over the always pushed graphics all the time.
I suppose they'd better get back to working on graphics tho.

and what is true audio ?

AMD tried multiple things that are good imo, think of Mantle, a close to the metal API push that spawned Vulcan and pushed DirectX a bit in a similair direction
but nvidia gets no credit for dx12 ultimate,huh

Or what about Freesync as opposed to the competitions "extra money pls" G-sync, that even pushed the competition to work on that same concept.
accoriding to amd,g-sync counterpart is called freesync premium
and still has no ulmb

Last edited:
System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
1 as opposed to amd,who sells 250mm dies at 400 usd,which they initially wanted to sell at 450 but super lineup got in the way
give me a break

2 I suppose they'd better get back to working on graphics tho.

3 and what is true audio ?

4 but nvidia gets no credit for dx12 ultimate,huh

5 accoriding to amd,g-sync counterpart is called freesync premium
and still has no ulmb

1 Yes AMD is too expensive atm as well, which is sad, they are following Nvidia currently.
2 Ermm no? unrelated entirely
3 Google is your friend?
4 Nvidia literally has nothing to do with that sooo no
5 Yes and? still no extra money, just extra function labeled for the consumer to understand.

Meanwhile Nvidia has....upped their prices by a ton, bought and effectively killed what could have been with PhysX and a lot more shady stuff that Im not in favor off.

If you're upset PhysX never took off more, you might look AMD's way.

accoriding to amd,g-sync counterpart is called freesync premium
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync and still has no ulmb
I fail to see the point. ULMB is just Nvidia's version. OEM's make their own, too. What is so special about it?
For instance, the 'best' VA as per response times is the least expensive in the budget monitors review. It comes with FreeSync and its own strobing.
Closing thoughts - The VX2458~C was impressive for gaming for a VA panel. These are usually plagued by slow black > grey transitions and black smearing in content, but that had been cleared up nicely here. For a VA panel it's fast and reliable in the upper refresh rate range, delivering decent response times and frame rates alongside the high contrast and deep blacks that this technology offers. It's not very well suited to lower refresh rates though so be careful there.

System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
If you're upset PhysX never took off more, you might look AMD's way.

Explain?
Ageia was the company that made a revolutionary physics engine (sadly surpassing what we do today) that Nvidia bought, made proprietory to their hardware and doing so just killed it off.
No developer in their right mind would spend time and money on a game that would only work on Nvidia cards unless Nvidia would compensate them for the lost revenue that would have been gained from other platforms, which Nvidia never did so that never happened.
All PhysX became was a silly tagged on gimmick in a handful of games like Borderlands 2, 99.9% the same game but with some orbs floating in the water....fantastic.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Explain?
Ageia was the company that made a revolutionary physics engine (sadly surpassing what we do today) that Nvidia bought, made proprietory to their hardware and doing so just killed it off.
No developer in their right mind would spend time and money on a game that would only work on Nvidia cards unless Nvidia would compensate them for the lost revenue that would have been gained from other platforms, which Nvidia never did so that never happened.
All PhysX became was a silly tagged on gimmick in a handful of games like Borderlands 2, 99.9% the same game but with some orbs floating in the water....fantastic.
did you see control ? absolutely amazing physx imprementation.

and didn't ageia require a dedicated card ?

I fail to see the point. ULMB is just Nvidia's version.
so yo DO see the point tho.
gsync has nvidia's version of strobing.freesync does not.
lfc is only present in fs premium

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
lfc is only present in fs premium
LFC is available even at the simple FreeSync version. It just needs the upper limit of FreeSync range to be at least 2.5 times the lower limit. So a simple and cheap monitor with a FreeSync range from 30Hz to 75Hz, supports LFC.

Explain?
Ageia's hardware accelerated PhysX was already exclusive to their proprietary hardware (Ageia's PPUs) before Nvidia's acquisition, after the acquisition they merely ported the framework to run on Nvidia's GPUs as well. Nvidia both continued and expanded the development of PhysX and if you read the article I posted, Nvidia even was all for a third party porting GPU PhysX to run on Radeons but AMD refused to provide proper support.

System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Ageia's hardware accelerated PhysX was already exclusive to their proprietary hardware (Ageia's PPUs) before Nvidia's acquisition, after the acquisition they merely ported the framework to run on Nvidia's GPUs as well. Nvidia both continued and expanded the development of PhysX and if you read the article I posted, Nvidia even was all for a third party porting GPU PhysX to run on Radeons but AMD refused to provide proper support.

Yes a dedicated card from a 3rd party.
Nvidia dropped all support for those dedicated cards after buying Ageia and then made it exclusive to their cards.
They even actively blocked users from running an Nvidia card as a dedicated physX card alongside an AMD card.....

continued and expanded....yeah thats why no game is build on gpu hardware accelerated physics right? its only used as a cpu implementation, no more interesting then Havok which we have had for years.

Sure Nvidia allowed for the competition to use it, more money pls first though.
That is always what I have said, Nvidia should have just made it open for everyone to use/implement and even contribute to, with the only request/requirement being that at the start of a game it would say "PhysX by Nvidia" and that would be their advertisement for being the core support for this development.

That is the problem, AMD tries to better everything for everyone, Nvidia tries to better everything exclusively for itself, probably why they are doing so well as a company, but why I dont support them myself.

did you see control ? absolutely amazing physx imprementation.

and didn't ageia require a dedicated card ?

Control is literally an Nvidia tech demo....and if anything its more about RTX then anything else so no, I have not seen a single video pointing out this "amazing physx imprementation"

Yes Ageia required a dedicated card,
Man imagine what could have been! a dedicated graphics, physics and soundcard, how fantastically better could games experiences be today if it wasnt for Nvidia buying ageia and killing it or Microsoft for ending direct sound with Vista.

Last edited:
System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
I have not seen a single video pointing out this "amazing physx imprementation"
lol,that settles it.I played it and saw it myself.
but you haven't heard about it,so I must've been wrong.
Man imagine what could have been! a dedicated graphics, physics and soundcard, how fantastically better could games experiences be today if it wasnt for Nvidia buying ageia and killing it or Microsoft for ending direct sound with Vista.
what :roll:

That is the problem, AMD tries to better everything for everyone, Nvidia tries to better everything exclusively for itself, probably why they are doing so well as a company, but why I dont support them myself.
lol,get a grip.
amd doesn't invest 1/10th of what nvidia does in pc gaming technologies
they lag behind more and more every gen and can't get their drivers up to snuff

System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
1 lol,that settles it.I played it and saw it myself.
but you haven't heard about it,so I must've been wrong.

2 what :roll:

3 lol,get a grip.
amd doesn't invest 1/10th of what nvidia does in pc gaming technologies
they lag behind more and more every gen and can't get their drivers up to snuff

1 ermm no? you literally asked if I saw Control and I answered that I did and did not see any amazing physics....
Idk how your mind works with that response.

2 Not sure how that is hard to comprehend, you will have to be more specific with where I lost you.

3 Yes because they also have less then 1/10th to spend but what they spend they do a lot more for everyone then Nvidia does who cares pretty much only about themselves unless forced otherwise.
AMD drivers were fine for a long time, just with this last gen they messed things up, Nvidia has had massive driver issues as well in the last 2 years and also a lot when I last used Nvidia cards, it was a complete mess.
And lag behind more and more every gen? HD5000 series was the better choice, HD6000 series was the better choice, HD7000 series was the better choice, RX480 was a fantastic card for the price and often the better choice, Vega 56 was often the better choice and right now the RX5700(XT) is the better choice then their Nvidia counterparts soooo yeah no.

But if this is going to devolve into some silly fanboy nonsense (inb4 "you are the fanboy here buddy") then you migth as well just stop reacting.

Last edited:
System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
youtube is your friend
lol,didn't see physics in control.
this game is all about environment destruction.dafuq.
and I wasn't talking about a century ago i.e. 5000 series.
ever since hawaii they got worse and worse.now all they got is an overpriced g106 counterpart that has no dx12 ultimate support like next gen consoles.so yeah,"better choice"

System Name It's a box, it games, what more do you want?
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling EVGA CLC 240 Liquid
Memory 2 x 16 Gb DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT MERC310
Storage WD BLACK™ SN770 Gen.4 1TB NVME M.2, Crucial MX300 275 GB M.2 2280, WD Red 4TB SATA-III 256M
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital RGB Black
Power Supply SuperFlower Legion GX Pro 850W
Mouse Mionix Naos QG
Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon RGB Romer-G Tactile
Software Windows 11 x64
Yeah, but nvidia makes GPUs while Intel makes CPUs and people change their GPUs way more often than they change their CPUs so it's simple math that nvidia would overtake intel at one point.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
You mean like the way almost every gsync monitor has an inferior refresh rate ulmb(144Hz>120Hz ulmb)? I couldn't check them all, help me here...
welcome to another episode of clueless gamer

strobing at 120 is already way better than 144/165.also - better than no strobing,would you belive that ?

ulmb at 120 is already way better than 144/165.also - better than no ulmb,
What about 144 with mbr?;) You are really desperate.

I kind of understand where you stand, but mbr monitors at least come with led overcharge. That makes them brighter for faster phasing.:rolleyes:
In order to partially compensate for the LEDs not being switched on for most of the time, the LED current in MBR mode is boosted to about 360% of the LED current in the flicker-free mode (as inferred from luminance measurements, so the actual differences in LED currents might be even higher because of a non-linear relation between LED current and emitted luminance).

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
What about 144 with mbr?;) You are really desperate.

I kind of understand where you stand, but mbr monitors at least come with led overcharge. That makes them brighter for faster phasing.:rolleyes:

cute,show me a 1440p one I might look into getting one
and that's benq's own standard,not amd's,so I guess I'm not the one who's gotten himself into a corner

cute,show me a 1440p one I might look into getting one
:confused: like I determine the oem picks and launch dates. Keep skewing the topic without any hard evidence. I'm not circumstantially drawing straws like you have been. You seem to be avoiding some shortcomings of something, you know what.
Hardware manufacturers know their hardware the best. Change my mind.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
I would,if I knew what you meant when you write words.

I would,if I knew what you meant when you write words.
Not words, sentences. Also, you keep adding edits, that doesn't do much towards helping your arguments.
and that's benq's own standard,not amd's,so I guess I'm not the one who's gotten himself into a corner
I'm not the one saying nvidia does it best.:cool: let's have it the way market demands and oems deliver. I am really sorry you have issues seperating my position from your own.

Yes a dedicated card from a 3rd party.
Nvidia dropped all support for those dedicated cards after buying Ageia and then made it exclusive to their cards.
Support for PPUs wasn't dropped until years after the acquisition and PPU sales were abysmal to begin with. You do know that Ageia sold themselves to Nvidia because they had no future right?
They even actively blocked users from running an Nvidia card as a dedicated physX card alongside an AMD card.....
Nvidia actively blocking AMD happened after AMD (Godfrey Cheng specifically) publicly crapped on PhysX and made it clear AMD were going to back Havok against them, Havok was ironically owned by Intel at the time.
continued and expanded....yeah thats why no game is build on gpu hardware accelerated physics right? its only used as a cpu implementation, no more interesting then Havok which we have had for years.
PhysX research papers contribute to the industry as a whole regularly, Matthias Muller from Ageia (and NovodeX before that) still works for Nvidia and releases publications almost every year. GPU PhysX pioneered GPU particles which have been integrated into nearly every big physics engine now. At Nvidia, GPU PhysX has developed into things like Flex and Apex.
Sure Nvidia allowed for the competition to use it, more money pls first though.
You realize that not only was Nvidia not charging AMD anything, because it was a third party that was doing the porting, Nvidia couldn't have charged AMD. Also read the article, Nvidia was already providing support for Eran Badit's effort, so they had already put their money were their mouth was, so-to-speak.
That is always what I have said, Nvidia should have just made it open for everyone to use/implement and even contribute to, with the only request/requirement being that at the start of a game it would say "PhysX by Nvidia" and that would be their advertisement for being the core support for this development.
The PhysX framework was ported to GPU's via CUDA so even if it was open, it would still have to be ported and given that AMD wouldn't even support a third party (Eran Badit) that was going to port it for them free of charge, your assumption that this would have worked out is dubious.
Considering that we only have boundry pushing standards like DXR/VulkanRT and DirectML/VulkanML right now because of Nvidia's contributions, this seems like a strange take.

eLJay88

You know damn well that's a load of crap.
Sadly not really.
AMD uses a far superior production process (7nm) yet it can't compete with Nvidia on a 12nm Node. It is not even in the same ball-park.

I addition it seems all recent gpu architecture's of AMD just seem crap stability wise. Where an Nvidia card is easy plug-n-play. with an AMD you have to undervolt, use custom bios or have to jump through other hoops just to get a normal working card. This hold up for Navi, Vega, Fury and even polaris seemed to have minor issues (huge compared to nvidia rock-solid stability). Even in the golden days for AMD GPU's (around the 5xxx/6xxx and 7) my good old HD 6850 was inferior to Nvidia offering in the stability department (notorious for black screens and 'display-adapter-freezes' resulting in CTD.
The last great AMD card was the 7970 which they rebranded to infinity.

Don't get me wrong I would love to buy an solid AMD card, but they don't even offer high-end or enthousiast cards. At this point I have higher hopes on Intel having success on the dGPU market then AMD which makes me really sad.

Luckily Zen was a total hit.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Not words, sentences. Also, you keep adding edits, that doesn't do much towards helping your arguments.

I'm not the one saying nvidia does it best.:cool: let's have it the way market demands and oems deliver. I am really sorry you have issues seperating my position from your own.
no I dont add edits
and next time you barge in a conversation between two members you may wanna check what they were talking about

no I dont add edits
and next time you barge in a conversation between two members you may wanna check what they were talking about
Nvidia is not in the monitor business. I wouldn't mind if they were since that would encourage them to compete on features rather than stifle the competition field.