• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card Launching Soon

Will this anti-NVIDIA whining ever stop? NVIDIA doesn't force you to buy any of their GPUs ever. You don't like their pricing? Don't buy NVIDIA then.

Ever since AMD has stopped being competitive at the top, everyone has suddenly become (price)sensitive and NVIDIA has become a monster.

Meanwhile NVIDIA keeps innovating unlike Intel which has been rebadging Skylake for the past three years and IceLake is nowhere to be seen.

My post was neither anti-NVIDIA or whining.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@trog100 that wasn't my point, my point was that war and tax money is largely what innovates, not free markets. one could argue, we are a failed species in this way.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
@trog100 that wasn't my point, my point was that war and tax money is largely what innovates, not free markets. one could argue, we are a failed species in this way.

It's funny because things such as the US's successful space program were touted as clear proof that capitalism and a free market was superior to the soviet model. While that's ultimately true, they forget it was the taxpayers money that kept it all together and afloat.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Last edited:
System Name Red Team Build
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory HyperX Predator 64GB 3200CL16 (4X16GB)
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage OS: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB ;Storage SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB
Display(s) Dell U2715h, Samsung 43RU7100
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Audio Device(s) AUDIO-GD NFB11.28 DAC-Headphone Amp, beyerdynamic T1mk2, Sennheiser HD58X, JBL LSR305 Monitors
Power Supply Corsair RM750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 LUX RGB (MX RED)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
if a 1080 performs and costs about the same as vega 64.. i cant see that nvidia is ripping anybody off..

a 2070 isnt a bad price.. it should perform w

ell enough for most people with reasonable expectations.. ray tracing is for the future not the present.. and in truth nobody has to pay these top end prices to play games so whats the problem.. there isnt one..

trog

It is when the performance/$ didn't improve one bit (even got worse) compared to older X70 cards.
With the current innovation, We might as well see a $150 gt 2030 and 400$ 'RTX' 2060.

Ray tracing might be the future. in 4 or even 5 years. have you even seen BF5 RTX graphics ? outside of still images its just full of noise because of the extremely low sample rate, how much games can you buy with ray tracing usable ? how much games support DLSS months from launch? I would like to think a smart buyer chose a product by the futures it can currently deliver. not PR from the company who bought us the GPP and tried to sweep it under the rug. might as well buy products only based on '3rd party' - first party payed review that is released before embargo lifts (Intel somebody??)

for the guy commenting on the R9 295X2, the R9 290x was 549$ for a very competitive card. or would we like to talk about titan-z and the $3K dollar price. no one cares about halo products when they are just that. but we should care about actual products that any one of us here might buy.
its absurd that the gaming scene in the recent years becoming the playing field of people with rich pockets.. look at freaking monitors. you can buy a 55" UHD HDR OLED for a lower price than top of the line 27" inch lcd 'gaming' UHD Gsync monitor.

So a random forum poster somehow knows how to better pricing than the collective wisdom of the board of multi-million tech company. I say you submit your resume to Nvidia right away since you are more than qualified to make the call over there regarding pricing of Nvidia GPUs. Let us know how it goes.

'collective wisdom of the board of multi-million company" from the same people that bought you the near economical crisis. like so many places on earth where the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. or so many places where rich powerful figures hold all of the power while people have no food in the stores.

Any way, Its not about "knowing better than.," its about - as a customer, to know when 'they' (collective wisdom of the board of multi-million company) are trying to screw you. I would like to think we are allowed to show opinion.

There is difference in making a profit and using your power as the top dog to drive competition out of the window (as intel tried to do with amd for years) and look at the product stuck now. without AMD we would still be on 4c/8t on the mainstream platform. like everything in life, nothing is black and white, so is free market vs regulated market. no extreme of any of the sides is good for us.

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
you can buy a 55" UHD HDR OLED for a lower price than top of the line 27" inch lcd 'gaming' UHD Gsync monitor.

What's even more screwed up is that those TVs are the hallmark of overpriced and diminishing returns. High end monitors with G-sync have mind boggling prices.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
So a random forum poster somehow knows how to better pricing than the collective wisdom of the board of multi-million tech company. I say you submit your resume to Nvidia right away since you are more than qualified to make the call over there regarding pricing of Nvidia GPUs. Let us know how it goes.

I've also just bought a 4K TV cheaper than most decent monitors, Freesync or otherwise, but this thread has turned into a general rant now..... in a thread about a Halo product that:

IamEzio said:
no one cares about halo products when they are just that. but we should care about actual products that any one of us here might buy.

...so it's best to walk away now, those meanies at Nvidia have plenty of cards to fit every budget.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Will this anti-NVIDIA whining ever stop? NVIDIA doesn't force you to buy any of their GPUs ever. You don't like their pricing? Don't buy NVIDIA then.

Ever since AMD has stopped being competitive at the top, everyone has suddenly become (price)sensitive and NVIDIA has become a monster.

Meanwhile NVIDIA keeps innovating unlike Intel which has been rebadging Skylake for the past three years and IceLake is nowhere to be seen.

It's bad because it sets the bar for future prices. Once upon a time AMD said that high end cards would never cost more than $350 (was it?). once they started winning over Nvidia, they started rising in price.
So, I would never buy an overpriced GPU, but a lot of people will, and thanks to them and the lack of competition, everything, from the low end to the high end, is going to be more expensive.
So thanks.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
As I pointed out not many posts ago, yet most chose to ignore, 2 Hawaii chips on a stick sold for a whooping $1500 4 odd years ago.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Last edited:
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Sure, it launched after, thanks a lot for setting a high price AMD!

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-titan-z.c2575

Tell us more. You are again doing a horrendously bad job at trying to make this an AMD vs Nvidia thing, as always.
Beat me to it lol, he intentionally ignores stuff like that to make an argument if anyone makes even one hint that nVidia may not be the second coming.

Speculation is probably $1500-$1700 is where I will bet my money it comes out at. Wont be in my shopping cart mostly because my Titan X Pascal actually runs BF5 Ultra very well 1440p 144hz.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
I'm just glad you are still enjoying your Titan XP, three cards in Crossfire each sucking more juice than that single Titan XP must have been a nightmare.

Last edited:
Nvidia continually raising the price will eventually pay off for Nvidia, not just for the fewer GPU's at higher prices they'll wind up with, but also with Geforce NOW becoming the only way mainstream PC gamers can afford to play games on their PC.

Because suddenly Geforce Now for $10 a month plus the cost of games is going to seem cheap compared to thousands of dollars on the same class (medium mainstream, high mainstream, high end, enthusiast) of GPU's we used to pay hundreds of dollars for.

Of course, AMD could compete, but that seems farfetched at this point. Maybe when their CPU division stops soaking up all their R&D moneys? Intel? Maybe. More likely, they'll compete at the lower end. That leaves Nvidia pricing any way they like.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
As much as nobody likes the pricing, NOBODY needs to buy it. Like a Bugatti, or a Rolls Royce,

Those cars will have a value significantly greater than the scrap value several years down the road unlike a certain overpriced piece of hardware.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Sure, it launched after, thanks a lot for setting a high price AMD!
But the nVidia price was announced first. March 25th I believe for Nvidia and people started reporting on the AMD pricing in April according to Techspot and AnandTech.

I'm just glad you are still enjoying your Titan XP, three cards in Crossfire each sucking more juice than that single Titan XP must have been a nightmare.
Well it is the first card in a decade I have kept more than 2 years and still gotten excellent performance. I would have two if both AMD and nVidia didn't both give the finger to CFX/SLI.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Case Antec 1200
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
But the nVidia price was announced first. March 25th I believe for Nvidia and people started reporting on the AMD pricing in April according to Techspot and AnandTech.

No issue with that at all, my point is you can buy a RTX 2080 Ti for less than the price of a 295X2, bringing up a Titan Z is completely missing the point.

Well it is the first card in a decade I have kept more than 2 years and still gotten excellent performance. I would have two if both AMD and nVidia didn't both give the finger to CFX/SLI.

I honestly don't blame you, single GPU all day long, but an extra card never hurts.

The distain for the Titan brand in this thread isn't a surprise, but as you point out moving away from a poor multi-GPU solution or simply not wanting to wait years for something better is the market they fill, and they fill it well.

System Name my friends call me Zenny, I make a bad enemy
Processor still computing
Motherboard Naw she aint, she has 2 dachshunds
Cooling I ride motorcycles rain or shine
Memory semi-eidetic, 48 years on-time
Video Card(s) don't need one anymore, but still have a few Polaris
Storage I grew up in Silicon Valley during the '80's and '90's in San Jose, CA
Display(s) 2016 Scout Sixty when I want to look pretty. The females agree.
Case I only roll in old shit. 1963 F100 Unibody
Audio Device(s) JBL Boombox 3, V-MODA Crossfade
Power Supply Ensure, Bacon Jerky, and mineral water
Mouse I hates em. I sets up glue traps for em. Guk!
Keyboard Trying to close a Captains of Crush #3. For 5 years now.
VR HMD Nahmang /Yay Area
Software Hey! My underpants is my business!
Benchmark Scores How much does Mark weigh?
Again, no one ever claimed that, it's just you alone who puts forward these bizarre points and gripes.

I don't follow, you reading a different thread or something mate ?

Don't mind him, he's become quite snooty since he bought an RTX.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Well, given that people who criticizes anything related to Nvidia's pricing get the "you just can't afford it/you are jealous/hater" response most of the time, yeah they aren't exactly helping themselves to make the case that they shouldn't be profiled as such.

It's not the whining in criticizing of pricing per se as much as the manner. No one has a right to buy what are effectively luxury items. This goes from a 4K monitor all the way to consoles. Nvidia will price what the market will pay. It is only overpriced if people don't buy it. What people need to remember is that pc or console gaming means exactly zero fucks to the rest of the world outside of the dollars spent to pursue that hobby. Guess what, higher prices = more dollars because most companies fully understand the mob/epeen/I need to be the best/first mentality and are exploiting it to perfection!

In 2014 a 970 had the same performance/$ as 770 2GB and better performance/$ than a 670.

Performance/$ is a stupid metric. A card could have great performance but dollar but doesn't do a bit of good if all you do is get a slideshow out of it.

Those cars will have a value significantly greater than the scrap value several years down the road unlike a certain overpriced piece of hardware.

Imagine that, they are considerable more complicated with a lot more moving parts. Not to mention, they have a longer time to be usable. As of this point, forever. GPUs are effectively useful for about 3 years.

a.Cyg

I'll let you know! I enjoy buying tech because its new and fun and I can hands on learn about it. Its really a shame to get caught up in the gamer mindset. Of course something like this can game, and of course something like this probably isnt as good as a quattro for rendering.

Its cool tech though.

God blesse. American economy needs people with your mind set and abundant cash.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
God blesse. American economy needs people with your mind set and abundant cash.

I agree but for different reasons.

From my limited experience, I have noticed that the biggest complainers are the ones that want things handed to them, won't take action to change their situation, and, in the worst cases, screw over their family, friends, co-workers, or even their employers. Whatever lemons life throws at you, you have to learn to make lemonade with it. You cannot bitch about the lemons when you can clearly do something better with them. There is always an avenue of escape.

As far as attacking people for spending money on a niche product, well, that is their money. The fact people complain about this is already wrong on a moral level (and I won't go there...but I will say that the majority of the Western world is Christian and coveting is a sin in Christianity).

However, back on topic:

Regardless of how giant Nvidia has become, they are the top dog on the mountain right now for discrete graphics and GPU hardware acceleration (software taking advantage of simplified instructions and parallelizing it). And, until somebody knocks them off, they can charge whatever they want because, obviously, the demand is there on the consumer end. If no one wanted it, then they would not be where they are at.

I, myself, am looking forward to this release from Nvidia. I'm sure the cost itself will reflect the niche category this RTX Titan will belong in. It's about that time for a new personal system anyways and relegate my current personal system to work-related tasks.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
I'll let you know! I enjoy buying tech because its new and fun and I can hands on learn about it. Its really a shame to get caught up in the gamer mindset. Of course something like this can game, and of course something like this probably isnt as good as a quattro for rendering.

Its cool tech though.
Seriously, what's so cool about it??

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Seriously, what's so cool about it??

I like the technology and thats not worth anything to alot of members so why bother explaining it?

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I got a Xeon PHI a few months ago and ordered an intel nural compute stick cant wait to look at tensor!

Now that's some thing interesting, how ever the Titan RTX is more of a sucker kinda thing as their is nothing it can be really used for.

Well i guess as long as your happy fck it right ??, sucker born everyday they say, no offense intended.

We all have our weakness \ poison.