• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia will release revised gtx 590 in june

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
I have bean saying there is a problem with this card for awhile! Just every time I brought it up to a Nvidia Fan boy they said I was crazy. I do a side business building for people. I have built to PC's with these cards. 1 with 1 GTX 590 and the other with 2 GTX 590's.
Two cards out of the 3 had to be RMA'd for overheating problems. Trust me I am not happy about being right. I really wanted these cards to go through with out a hitch. I am just speaking out because I knew it and I was told i was crazy!
So is there any word if Nvidia will upgrade current owners to the new style for free?
We already got replacements(That seem to be working)...but when I called EVGA and said "Hey we got some weird issues here during 3Dmark11" I was told "Check your other hardware your nuts (Basically)"

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
So is there any word if Nvidia will upgrade current owners to the new style for free?

I can guess no. Only RMA's would be replaced so if your card works, it'll not get switched. Nvidia aren't a generous company, the fact the 590 in the UK is at least a good £50+ more than the more powerful 6990 shows their arrogance.

And I'm a very happy MSI 580 Lightning owner (best card I've ever bought :))

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I see that it's only a very small change to the inductors, not a wholesale beefing up of the power supply.

This will likely have one of two effects:

1 Once the new versions are out, they will be sold as "New and improved!" and the old ones will be sold off relatively cheaply

2 The difference will deliberately not be made clear and the new will be sold alongside the old, to dispose of the old at top dollar.

After the experience of my v1.0 Gigabyte mobo when the v1.1 was released, I'm going for the second scenario. I never was able to get the v1.1 board.