1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Launches Bunker USB Locking System

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 11, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce Bunker, an advanced USB locking device designed for USB expansion and protection of gaming accessories. Plug in gaming mice, keyboards, and headphones and lock it with a sophisticated 20 key lock system and durable door to prevent theft at LAN parties and schools. Bunker installs easily into any open 5.25” drive bay and provides 4 additional USB ports for expanded connectivity.

“We place a great deal of importance on portability and security,” said Johnny Hou, Founder and Chief Designer at NZXT. “Whether you’re transporting your rig to a LAN party or would like more peace of mind in the dorm, Bunker will ensure that your peripherals and media remain secure.”

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bunker will be available in March for the MSRP of $24.99. For more information visit the product page.

2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I really don't see the point of the product. This won't save me from taking off the side panel and stealing all the goodies. However, glad to see they have unique keys. I still carry around my key from a Thermaltake Soprano, and it opens all Thermaltake cases, so it is very handy!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    If someone is trying to steal something, it's very likely that they don't know much about computers. They'll probably try to steal the peripherals, realize that they're locked into the system, open up the side and not know what they're doing, throw their hands up in the air, and quit. Either that or they're smart and you're screwed. :laugh:

4. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    So... how does this shut when I have my flash drive in it, with my special top secret information?

doesn't look big enough to me:cry:

and is that little slit at the bottom really big enough for cords?

5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yes.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. xrealm20

xrealm20

Thanks Received:
    hmmm... sounds like Peet already has one...

7. h a x m o r New Member

Thanks Received:
    The panel will move back when the door closes. This will provide room so that the unit can close with your peripherals still connected. And when the door opens, the panel will come back out.

8. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    If they really wanted to, they could still just cut the cord and solder a new connector on.

9. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I ike the look of this. Esp when it's closed and it hides the usb's. Makes it more sleek thats not plain. I'm buying this. I need and can use more usb's. Perfect match for my m59.

I've been liking alot of what nzxt has been doing lately.

10. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    NOOO this is for the army and stuff so people won't put sensitive data on a flash drive.