1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

O/Cing my pc, HALP!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by «BladE|==|, Jun 29, 2006.

1. «BladE|==| New Member

Thanks Received:
    H'OK, so i'm talking about o/cing my 2nd computer, not the one posted in the pc specs. It has a SiS 650 Chipset and...the board itself is a P4SGL-MX and i've been ATTEMPTING to use clockgen to overclock...everytime i try, she hard locks...agh, any help with clockgen and choosing which PLL for the 650?

Or even better, a BETTER fsb changer for the SiS 650 chipset...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, post your comments, info and ideas here please.

k, later.

PEACE! :rockout:

EDIT: i HAVE looked at the PLL chart on the clockgen site and no, that certain PLL IS NOT on my list, halp?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. «BladE|==| New Member

Thanks Received:
    omfg, BUMP! HALP!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I think you should overclock in BIOS (also known as setup). When your motherboard POST's, you will probably see "press F2 (or some other key) to enter setup". Enter setup, go into CPU settings, and then up the FSB by about 5 mhz, save settings, and repeat until you're satisfied with your clocks (and the system doesn't crash.). I also reccomend that you find out how to clear your CMOS in case you can't boot upon saving your settings.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. «BladE|==| New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok firstly, pelase don't treat me like i am a N00b at computer's, lol. Secondly, all of my BIOS Settings are locked sadly. Gay mobo...

I have updated the BIOS in hope of ASUS letting off on the fsb lock but nope, sall locked...anywho...later

Going to work now, i'll check back on in a min

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about that...and if your BIOS settings are locked, then you can't overclock at all, no matter what program you use :(. I suppose a cheap motherboard might help you...get Nforce4.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. «BladE|==| New Member

Thanks Received:
    serious...? Gah, hurts me. Couldn't be bothered spending any more on that pc though...i just use it when friends come over to play LAN games, stuffs like that. Agh, it's got a s**tty cpu too, 1.8ghz celeron, sucks. Damn it! FASDIPNCFAISNIA! lol, k thanks for your help.

lol, i'm typing this at work...ownt.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. rpg711

rpg711 New Member

Thanks Received:
    get the ECS C19-A SLI at newegg its 79.99 with 10.00 rebate making it 69.99 and it has all cool stuff...fiber optic out...coaxal...sli...i could go on and on praising how good it over clocks ALL HAIL ECS :respect:

10 Year Member at TPU