1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Oblivion benchmarked

Discussion in 'News' started by D_o_S, Apr 4, 2006.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The Firingsquad has benchmarks of Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Interestingly, in single card tests, the X1900XTX seems to take the lead most of the time, however dual card gaming is mastered by NVIDIA, with two of its 7900GTX in SLI upfront.

Grab the charts here.

Source: Firingsquad

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well this tells ya... if you are poor and going for a single gpu setup, buy an ATI 1900XT/XTX(like i did). And if you are rich and going for dual gpu setup you should go for nvidia!

I wont buy a new GFx card before some new DX10 cards are available.. there arent any decent games out that needs a newer (not out yet) x1950XTX... So when DX10 comes, and DX10 games come out, then I will buy the best DX10 card available at that present time. Whether it is ATI or Nvidia, that only time will tell!!! :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    actually its rather BS, the CCC doesnt have a crossfire profile for oblivion yet, thats in the next driver. So you should wait for that before deciding...

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not deciding anything.. I like my 1900xt, but I dont think this generation of Crossfire will ever break nvidia in dual gpu setups(well maybe in benchmarks, but no in the technology)!!? We can dream about it, but it´s not gonna happen. Just accept that the crossfire isnt as good as SLI. But i think that doesnt matter, ATI har almost 30-40% better IQ in games and Video than nVidia. And this is more important to me. I would never buy a dual gpu setup anyway, or atleast not in this price range. When gpu´s get more less attention, and maybe go down in price. Then i will buy a quad SLi/CrossFire setup!! :)

10 Year Member at TPU