1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Obsidian 800D One hot swap bay will never work

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by pabloottawa, Oct 28, 2013.

1. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    OK so here's a strange one.

I can't use all 4 bays at once. I can only use 3 of them. Right now I have the top three bays in use. Top two are 2 velociraptor drives in RAID 0. Under them is my Mushkin SSD OS drive but the bottom drive (agility 2 SSD 64Gb) is not detected.

Here's the spin. If I take out all the drives and put the agility 2 SSD drive on the bottom tray, my bios detects it and so will windows. But the instant I use all the drives the bottom one disappears in the bios and in windows.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Did this just start with the addition of this computer case? Did the other components work before the case was added?

If all the drives work in all said hot swaps then the issue is in the mobo I would think.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    I think it's always been that way.... I'm using all 4 hot swap bays so could it just be a matter of overload? The back plate only comes with one power outlet so I'm wondering if that's the reason. I checked the bios and all 4 bays are "enabled". But the bios doesn't detect the drive either.

4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Bye pass the hot swap bays and attach them directly to the mobo just to test and see if its the same issue.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Lubna

Lubna

Thanks Received:
    I have the same problem with a G.Skill FM-25S2S-120GBP2 and G.Skill FM-25S2S-60GBP2.
    With ssd sata 3 I have no problem.

6. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    Come to think of it... All three drives are sata 3 with the Agility being sata 2... So do you think that's the issue?

7. Lubna

Lubna

Thanks Received:
    I think SANFORCE 1200 is the problem...

8. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    I'll try pulling my raid drives out and putting it into a wirking slot then upgrade the firmware. MAYBE that will help lol

9. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    All the drives work... Turns out it's the Back plate. Called Corsair for RMA. DONE!!! Now we play the waiting game ;)