• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Oculus Will Sell You a Quest 2 Without Facebook Integration for an Extra $400

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
How about people start charging FB for being forced to be part of it.
Im still waiting for that actually and its not even far fetched.

The EU has already practically said data is owned by the one who creates it. All FB gets to do is profit from it. Without our data, its nothing.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
The Quest 2 is being sold at a loss. Look at other Standalone HMD's they can't compete in price or offer the end-user experience or the game catalog that the Quest 2 offers. Just some hindsight. We do have a new standalone VR HMD coming but no word on price yet. It's the DecaGear VR HMD. I'll be interested to see how much it will cost.

They will try it soon enough. I don't see VR slowing down now with the help of Quest 2. There is a group on FB that is complaining about it. What people fail to see is that the FB login integration is no different than PSN, XBL, Steam, Epic, etc... They think that by using an FB login for the Quest 2 that you load straight into FB.. You know and I know that it's nothing like that at all. We are pretty much on the Ground floor with Quest 2. It's great hardware but your phone tracks you by far better than the Quest 2.
Keep dreaming. Zuckerberg has repeatedly proven to have a very personal idea and mindset about data ownership, handling and management. Most of it primarily directed at personal wealth and power.

The man is sick and has been since he stole the social media idea from his buddies. It looks like a rat, talks like a rat and spreads disease like a rat.

Did you forget Cambridge Analytica? And it is still a black box.

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
im enjoying mine bud.

I enjoy mine as well and use it for PC VR more than the Quest2 or well up to the v28 update anyway. I believe I'll start using my Quest 2 more now with Air-Link and 120hz.

I once had DK2, although it was arguably unpleasant experience and games at that moment didn't push my Vega 56 Crossfire at all, I think I'll might try VR again.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
@Mindweaver --See what I mean? It's hilarious. skirt skirt skirt!

Can I just add (I don't like being thrown in with compsiracy stuff), that it's my personal choice to have nothing to do with FB. To not like it, and its associated business ideals is my right. So, please don't hate on me for hating FB. I never said I didnt like VR (I don't use it but I don't bash it). But i reserve the right to bash FB and it's empire.

Edit: Not calling out on anyone in particular - just want to say, this is a FB thing to me, not a VR hatey thing.

I don't feel that most of what is being said is conspiracy. After all, it is publicly stated by Facebook and pretty much all companies when we agree to use their services that your data can be collected and used. As far as the cell phone tracking, that too can easily be proven just referencing the countless court cases where time/location of a cell phone, or call that was placed is used as evidence. Or divorce cases where texts are used as evidence. If you are within range of a cell tower and your phone is on, you are tracked every second down to the meter, everywhere you go, every call you make. Every text you send. It is all data that is logged by the service provider. Heck, in 2014 up until a year or two ago, it was reported on pretty much on every national news outlet online, on tv, etc. that it is known fact the government were using planes with a device called a dirtbox for mass surveillance of every single cell phone that was in range as it flew over head.

Your choice not to support Oculus because you will not give money to Facebook is most definitely acceptable to me, I don't hate on it at all. I personally refuse to get an account or a loan from Chase bank, well, just because I hate Chase bank, for reasons. So I understand and respect where you're coming from. But....What myself and a couple of others here are saying is that the large majority of commenters describe the hate towards the act of data harvesting in general, they are not just focusing on data harvesting by Facebook. And the second you challenge their hard line stance against "privacy invasion" with any facts that would actually inconvenience them, or take away a service they enjoy using that is also using their personal information, they deflect or just do not address the topic. Their double standards and hypocritical opinions become difficult to take seriously.

I mean, in the face of known phone data logging, and the years of known mass gov. surveillance of phones, how many of these hard liners stood by their convictions and got rid of their cell phones?? The mere suggestion of ditching their pocket dopamine dispenser is unfathomable to them at any cost...But the thought of a video game peripheral possibly showing them an ad is appalling? Strangely, you don't go to comment sections of the new iPhone/Android phone articles and repeatedly see user outrage over the same (or worse) data harvesting, and required Apple/Google accounts, etc.

Here's just two of the first hits on Google for reference, many more available-

I think most of the vitriol here comes from Facebook forcing you to use an account with them to use the Oculus. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place? I don't log in to my other devices. There is no prompt on my keyboard, mouse, speakers, printer, monitor, etc... to log in to some shitty account I didn't want in the first place, let alone not letting me use the thing if I don't log in.
can we not say the same thing about--
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Facebook forcing you to use an account with them to use the Oculus. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Microsoft forcing you to use an account with them to use the Xbox. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Sony forcing you to use an account with them to use the Playstaion. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Valve forcing you to use an account with them to use Steam. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?

An Xbox requires a Microsoft account for initial setup, and then can be played offline after. Same with Playstation. Same with Oculus. It is exactly the same thing. It has been stated it over and over in multiple posts here and in the past, you do not log into Facebook to use an Oculus other than initial setup. You do not have to log in or even be connected online to use an Oculus after set up. You do log in to buy content, exactly like you do on the other game consoles. This content can then be used off line.

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
can we not say the same thing about--
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Facebook forcing you to use an account with them to use the Oculus. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Microsoft forcing you to use an account with them to use the Xbox. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Sony forcing you to use an account with them to use the Playstaion. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?
I think most of the vitriol here comes from Valve forcing you to use an account with them to use Steam. First of all, why do I need to log into an account to use it in the first place?

An Xbox requires a Microsoft account for initial setup, and then can be played offline after. Same with Playstation. Same with Oculus. It is exactly the same thing. It has been stated it over and over in multiple posts here and in the past, you do not log into Facebook to use an Oculus other than initial setup. You do not have to log in or even be connected online to use an Oculus after set up. You do log in to buy content, exactly like you do on the other game consoles. This content can then be used off line.

Playstation can still be played with the disc even if it is not connected to PSN. You can still use desktop or notebook with Windows 10 even if you're not sign up to Microsoft. Should I continue if Valve selling a service?

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
When Oculus sold their dignity to Facebook I knew the fun days are numbered. When the Oculus creator said "We will never ever require a Facebook account to use Oculus" I immediately sold my favorite toy at the time (the DK2) and later got the Vive which I use to this day, and my Steam account uses false data, I only use it through a VPN and only pay with gift cards bought with cash. No tinfoil here, just unwillingness to be a product sold by corporate trash for a few pennies.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Extortion? Can you play a Playstation 4,5 or Xbox One, x without a PSN, XBL account (Honest question I don't own either.)? You have to have an account to have a smartphone. It's the same thing. When you log in to your Quest 2 with your account it's not like logging into FB. It's just the Oculus home. You do plan to buy games for your Quest 2, right? Then you have to put your information in to do so.
When you're banned from facebook, +$400 just to use Q2 makes its purchase less appealing.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yep no FB/ Twits-R-Us/ Instafame/ google search either it's just not going to happen :laugh:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I don't log in to my other devices. There is no prompt on my keyboard, mouse, speakers, printer, monitor, etc... to log in to some shitty account I didn't want in the first place, let alone not letting me use the thing if I don't log in.
But it's not a peripheral device anymore. It's a All in One system now and just like every other system it has a login. I mean will people need cell phones in the near future? Apple is working on VR/AR glasses and should have something in the next 2 years. I don't like or dis-like any one of the companies more than the other.. (Well I dis like Apple simply due to me being a PC..<-- dad jokes.. haha)

But really I don't see anything related to FB when I log in to my Oculus HMD. It has a social tab but it's really bare bones. It's only Oculus and your apps. Trust me I will jump to any cheaper VR AIO HMD if they are any cheaper and offer as much. I would pay a little more if I like it but not a lot. It's hard to see now but I believe soon we will be buy AR glasses with cell service over buying phones once they get small enough, but who knows how long that will be. I think not soon enough. haha

EDIT: I bought an HTC Vive which everyone loved and it required that I needed to create an HTC account if I used their crappy store or I would need a Steam Account to use SteamVR to use with my Vive. Nobody said a word.

Keep dreaming. Zuckerberg has repeatedly proven to have a very personal idea and mindset about data ownership, handling and management. Most of it primarily directed at personal wealth and power.

The man is sick and has been since he stole the social media idea from his buddies. It looks like a rat, talks like a rat and spreads disease like a rat.

Did you forget Cambridge Analytica? And it is still a black box.
Not dreaming.. I don't see how anyone can single FB out for what everyone else is doing. I can tell someone that I need printer paper and a few minutes later Amazon is suggesting different kinds of printer paper.
I once had DK2, although it was arguably unpleasant experience and games at that moment didn't push my Vega 56 Crossfire at all, I think I'll might try VR again.
I never owned the DK2. I have the DK1 then Vive, but the DK2 looked great.
@Mindweaver --See what I mean? It's hilarious. skirt skirt skirt!
I think it's a simple as what hat said and if they need it then it's ok.
When you're banned from facebook, +$400 just to use Q2 makes its purchase less appealing.
I have a lot of friends using Quest 2 and I don't know any one that has been ban. The issue you are referring to was an old system in place that auto ban users when they first turned on FB login. Those user have been unban and that system is no longer in place.

EDIT: If I missed anyone sorry. I'll try and read every comment later.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Many good points made throughout the thread and many in fact for good reason(s).
Feel free to agree, diagree or be somewhere inbetween but I will say it like this on my part:

Related to Oculus, FB and other things alot of folks just don't seem to understand what Facebook really is, as in a data harvesting engine that's designed for that very purpose.
The Oculus itself just being one way data harvesting is done by FB.

Speaking of FB - Of course the gov got interested early on with the potential it had for surveilence when first introduced - Why dig for info when we know they would willingly give it themselves?
The trick was in figuring out how to get them to do it - And then along came FB.
Gee - How convenient.

From people posting personal stuff, photos of themselves and such to where they are, check-in's and you have a platform that makes it so easy to garner alot of info....Just brilliant, and why Zuckelberg has seemed to be "In Bed" with the Fed the way he is.
I mean he's the owner of what's probrably THE tool used for basic, mass surveilence (Data Base) they have going right now.

The way we've been socially conditioned to live and be in general causes us to "Accept" this survelience as the norm of society and the world in general.

Now - Before any of you start screaming "Tin Hat" or "Conspiracy Theory", do remember what happened nearly 20 years ago up in NYC involving a pair of buildings.
It was after that everything changed.

That was a huge part of the impedus for them to start surveilence on a massive scale (Patriot Act and such related to it) and if anyone has been paying attention it was only after that this kind of stuff started being intergrated into..... Almost everything we have it seems.

Vehicles that reach out and request permission to start everytime you turn the key (Onstar), your fridge having web access, the fact your smart phone makes a suggestion based on a part of your conversation...
Don't deny it, nearly all of us have experienced that at some point. :ohwell:

Alexa, Siri and all the more convenient stuff like smart homes with remote viewing "Door Bells" (Cameras), wirelessly controlled door locks, the list goes on and on, and on, and on, and on.....

All that kind of shit.

Before 9/11 most of this would have been wildly rejected, very little doubt about it.
So...
There is your basic reason for the social conditioning that's taken place since that time, why we have all this "Interconnectivity" around that's become the daily life reality we have.
While you can't argue the fact our world is changing, it's the nature of these changes that's the sticking point of every arguement either for or against it.

It's a new world we live in since 9/11 occured and as for consent, the choice has already been made for you, like it or not.
All we can really hope for is we don't get stuck in a weird Oculus-induced, Matrix style VR reality somewhere in the mid-80's and we're all incarcerated in FB jail together. :D

As for saving $$, I'll just go ahead and save $799 by not buying at all.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
it's amazing to me how this is even legal lol.

it's a good thing breaking up big tech seems to be bi-partisan. :rockout:

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
I have a lot of friends using Quest 2 and I don't know any one that has been ban. The issue you are referring to was an old system in place that auto ban users when they first turned on FB login. Those user have been unban and that system is no longer in place.
yea, no. thats not why I was banned.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Many good points made throughout the thread and many in fact for good reason(s).
Feel free to agree, diagree or be somewhere inbetween but I will say it like this on my part:

Related to Oculus, FB and other things alot of folks just don't seem to understand what Facebook really is, as in a data harvesting engine that's designed for that very purpose.
The Oculus itself just being one way data harvesting is done by FB.

Speaking of FB - Of course the gov got interested early on with the potential it had for surveilence when first introduced - Why dig for info when we know they would willingly give it themselves?
The trick was in figuring out how to get them to do it - And then along came FB.
Gee - How convenient.

From people posting personal stuff, photos of themselves and such to where they are, check-in's and you have a platform that makes it so easy to garner alot of info....Just brilliant, and why Zuckelberg has seemed to be "In Bed" with the Fed the way he is.
I mean he's the owner of what's probrably THE tool used for basic, mass surveilence (Data Base) they have going right now.

The way we've been socially conditioned to live and be in general causes us to "Accept" this survelience as the norm of society and the world in general.

Now - Before any of you start screaming "Tin Hat" or "Conspiracy Theory", do remember what happened nearly 20 years ago up in NYC involving a pair of buildings.
It was after that everything changed.

That was a huge part of the impedus for them to start surveilence on a massive scale (Patriot Act and such related to it) and if anyone has been paying attention it was only after that this kind of stuff started being intergrated into..... Almost everything we have it seems.

Vehicles that reach out and request permission to start everytime you turn the key (Onstar), your fridge having web access, the fact your smart phone makes a suggestion based on a part of your conversation...
Don't deny it, nearly all of us have experienced that at some point. :ohwell:

Alexa, Siri and all the more convenient stuff like smart homes with remote viewing "Door Bells" (Cameras), wirelessly controlled door locks, the list goes on and on, and on, and on, and on.....

All that kind of shit.

Before 9/11 most of this would have been wildly rejected, very little doubt about it.
So...
There is your basic reason for the social conditioning that's taken place since that time, why we have all this "Interconnectivity" around that's become the daily life reality we have.
While you can't argue the fact our world is changing, it's the nature of these changes that's the sticking point of every arguement either for or against it.

It's a new world we live in since 9/11 occured and as for consent, the choice has already been made for you, like it or not.
All we can really hope for is we don't get stuck in a weird Oculus-induced, Matrix style VR reality somewhere in the mid-80's and we're all incarcerated in FB jail together. :D

As for saving $$, I'll just go ahead and save $799 by not buying at all.
I think it was bound to happen whether we had 9/11 or not. We didn't have the technology to do it 20 years ago. Nobody had a computer in their pocket with GPS, microphone, camera...

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
I think it was bound to happen whether we had 9/11 or not. We didn't have the technology to do it 20 years ago. Nobody had a computer in their pocket with GPS, microphone, camera...
I agree, one of the points I was making is in how 9/11 provided the urgency to get it done.
If not for that we'd still have some of it around at least by now but probrably not as it is today.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
There are other reasons to despise FB, Goo and their ilk; namely their political, shall we say, involvement.

I will leave it at that ...

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
yea, no. thats not why I was banned.
Did they reverse it? If you don't mind sharing I'd like to know why?

@Everyone - Just want to say this is why I really enjoy our community. We can discuss something and listen to both sides. I think we all made great points. :toast:

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Did they reverse it? If you don't mind sharing I'd like to know why?

@Everyone - Just want to say this is why I really enjoy our community. We can discuss something and listen to both sides. I think we all made great points. :toast:
Lets just say I was outspoken about something and was heard too well, it happened a long time ago just before fb got its first warning from the fcc over privacy. The way I see it fb is invading privacy by forcing integration, so naturally I'm against Q2 and fb.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
what an utterly disgusting move from facebook. Why are people still using it?? I just don't understand.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
But it's not a peripheral device anymore. It's a All in One system now and just like every other system it has a login. I mean will people need cell phones in the near future? Apple is working on VR/AR glasses and should have something in the next 2 years. I don't like or dis-like any one of the companies more than the other.. (Well I dis like Apple simply due to me being a PC..<-- dad jokes.. haha)

But really I don't see anything related to FB when I log in to my Oculus HMD. It has a social tab but it's really bare bones. It's only Oculus and your apps. Trust me I will jump to any cheaper VR AIO HMD if they are any cheaper and offer as much. I would pay a little more if I like it but not a lot. It's hard to see now but I believe soon we will be buy AR glasses with cell service over buying phones once they get small enough, but who knows how long that will be. I think not soon enough. haha

EDIT: I bought an HTC Vive which everyone loved and it required that I needed to create an HTC account if I used their crappy store or I would need a Steam Account to use SteamVR to use with my Vive. Nobody said a word.

Not dreaming.. I don't see how anyone can single FB out for what everyone else is doing. I can tell someone that I need printer paper and a few minutes later Amazon is suggesting different kinds of printer paper.

I never owned the DK2. I have the DK1 then Vive, but the DK2 looked great.

I think it's a simple as what hat said and if they need it then it's ok.

EDIT: If I missed anyone sorry. I'll try and read every comment later.
FB is by far taking it the furthest and still does. Its far more than targeted ads lije you mention here. Its done always and without user consent. Even if users actively opt out, through their so called 'Pixel'.

They are now pioneering how to tie a forced login to bought hardware that doesnt need it in the slightest. Why? To connect social media data to sensor data and get even deeper into your head with targeted ads and manipulative policies. Not a member yet? NP, they just buy the user groups like they did with whatsapp.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
what an utterly disgusting move from facebook. Why are people still using it?? I just don't understand.
I deleted my account ages ago, and others I know have stopped using it or deleted theirs too.
It ads nothing of value to our lives and is unnecessary.