• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Launches DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC CrossFire Certified Edition Memory Modules

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
OCZ Technology Group, Inc., today announced the OCZ PC2-8500 AMD CrossFire Reaper HPC Edition. As some of the highest performing modules on the market, the PC2-8500 CrossFire features the exclusive OCZ CrossFire edition Reaper HPC heatsink for advanced component cooling.

Tested and qualified under AMD's renowned certification program, the PC2-8500 CrossFire series not only meets a high standard of quality, but guarantees superior compatibly with CrossFire technology. Combined with AMD's esteemed CrossFire technology, the OCZ PC2-8500 certified series unleashes the performance potential of the entire platform.

"OCZ's Reaper series makes use of heat pipe technology to efficiently cool high performance modules passively," said Jacky Huang, VP of Product Management, OCZ Technology Group. "By working closely with AMD we are pleased to introduce the latest addition to our Crossfire memory lineup, a special Crossfire Certified Reaper 1066Mhz dual channel kit that is optimized to deliver exceptional performance and stability when coupled with CrossFire platforms."

"AMD is committed to pushing the limits of what gaming systems can do through technologies like CrossFire, and the new memory modules from OCZ are a perfect addition to any high-performance CrossFire system," said Godfrey Cheng, director, platform technologies, AMD Graphics Product Group. "The new CrossFire-certified memory from OCZ ensures that gamers get the highest quality memory, with superior performance and superb compatibility for their CrossFire systems."

AMD enthusiasts and system builders will love the customized look of the new Reaper kits; these modules are cooled with an exclusive AMD special Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) heatspreader displaying AMD's "CrossFire Certified" emblem. These unique DDR2-1066 modules feature the Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) heatspreader which is engineered to deliver superior silent heat dissipation over traditional heatspreaders. The Reaper HPC is an innovative cooling solution developed by OCZ to effectively minimize heat produced by high-speed memory. As heat rises into the thermo-conductive copper heat pipe conduit, it is dissipated through a compact aluminum fin array. By strategically guiding performance-robbing heat away from key memory components, the unique Reaper HPC design maximizes passive cooling to improve longevity and stability of the modules.

The first certified Reaper HPC memory product available will be 2GB (2x1024MB) dual channel kits optimized for the latest CrossFire platforms. Rated to run with 5-5-5-15 timings, these modules offer gamers an additional performance edge over conventional DDR2-1066 memory. The CrossFire Certified Reaper 2GB kit is the supreme solution for gamers seeking the advantages of increased reliability and bandwidth management from their memory. Each OCZ PC2-8500 CrossFire Reaper module is backed by an industry leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.

For more information on the PC2-8500 AMD CrossFire Reaper HPC Edition, please click here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Ahh...I love anything SLI or Crossfire certified. It fits so well with newbies.

Actually, all joking aside, I would buy an SLI or Crossfire certified product, just to know that it would work well with no problems with my current hardware. Of course, I know well enough to buy what I need and it will work. But for the newbs in all of us, its helpful

d44ve

Processor Intel E6600 @ 4.2GHZ Wo0t!
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme & eVGA 680i A1
Cooling Phase Change !!
Memory OCZ SLI 1066MHZ (2GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GTX
Storage Western Digital 320 GB
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Lian-Li V2000
Software Vista Ultimate
I have thier "non reaper" SLI 1066 memory and I know it wont run at 1066 unless I enable "SLI memory" in the BIOS :ohwell: