1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ PC-5000 EL Platinum DFI nF4 Special

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Apr 7, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OCZ today announced the release of the exclusive PC-5000 EL Platinum series, a line of memory specially designed for use with DFI nF4 motherboards.

OCZ developed the PC-5000 Platinum DFI nF4 Special series with performance enthusiasts in mind. This ground-breaking member of the proprietary OCZ Platinum series is custom-built for premium operation on the highly-popular DFI nF4 motherboard series. At the extreme speed of 625MHz, the OCZ PC-5000 Platinum is still capable of achieving blistering timings of 3-4-4-10!

As far as I know this is the first time in history that memory is specifically built for one Motherboard. The sticks come in hand-picked, matched sets of 2x512 MB or as one 512 MB stick.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, that's awesome.. i'm getting a DFI nF4 SLI mobo sometime in the future.. but as much as I would LOVE to get this stuff.. man, that'll blow my bank account out of the water...

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Unregistered Guest

Blistering?

3-4-4-10 is anything but blistering timings! NF4 owners will be much better off with VX.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought NF4 motherboards get a huge performance knock from high latencys due to the integrated memory controller on the Athlon 64... Wouldnt Corsair XML be best for any NF4 mobo?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    It's really blistering timings considering the speed at which it is run. Try looking at the DDR2 667MHz timings and you'll know what I mean... :p

10 Year Member at TPU