• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ RMA is an absolute joke

Christian Ney

Here is a true story that happened to me, so a little bit more than one year ago I bought an OCZ Vertex SSD 30 GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G (230 MB/s(Read) 135 MB/s (write) and 85 MB/s (Substained write)).
like on the following picture:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3618/oczssd21vtx30g.png

3 months ago the ocz vertex died, so I went to their website and asked for rma. rma approved, I sent my ssd to them.

Here is what they send back to me, a new OCZ Vertex SSD 30 GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G. What so lovely to find written on the box the following specs:
Read: 210 MB/s
Write: 75 MB/s
Substained Write: 25 MB/s
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/680/img0214qc.jpg

Actually a twice less performing ssd.

Without even opening the package I opened a new support ticket on their website saying that they sent me the wrong drive.
Here is their reply:
''Are those just the numbers on the box, or were those the benchmarking results from running ATTO on the drive? I recommend actually running ATTO on the drive'' Despite the fact that on the opened ticket I clearly wrote ''numbers written on the box''
So here is FAIL #1, so close to FAIL #2: as you can see on the following picture http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/680/img0214qc.jpg numbers on the box are based on ATTO

New reply from OCZ, I quote:
''But did you actually run the ATTO disk benchmark program on the drive to benchmark that particular drive? This is the most accurate way to get the speed of the drive rather than reading the numbers on the box. After running the ATTO program on your drive, what read and write numbers does it give you for your specific drive?''

FAIL #3: Specs and numbers on the box aren't the ones of the product inside !!!!

Okay... let's open the box, take the ssd, plug it to my test system (Operating System is actually installed on a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB).

I formated the drive, I ran ATTO, here are the values:
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7025/vertexrma.jpg

200 MB/s Read and 140 MB/s write, ok close to the drive I sent to RMA and far away to what is written on the box where this drive comes from.

FAIL #4: The drive doesn't match with the specs on the box.

Ok so finally I got the right drive it seems ?

Now start to install my Operating System on it, first try I got a blue screen after 10 minutes during the installation of windows XP, try 2, after 4 minutes try 3, after 17 minutes. Ok let's try to install windows 7 then. Again blue screen after few minutes during the process.

Hum, time to change memory, processor, motherboard. Same, getting blue screens over and over again.
Change the whole setup again, no way blues screen are here. Try to install Windows XP on a Hard Drive, it works, windows 7 too, from the first try.

Ok, back to OCZ Vertex, fail again, blue screen over and over again.

After 38 tries for windows XP, I finally managed to install it on the OCZ Vertex, and 17 tries for Windows 7.

Drive seems defective isn't it ? FAIL #5

So I back to OCZ support, here is what they said:
''What error message are you receiving during the installation process? At what point does the error occur? Is this a fresh install or are you imaging/cloning to the drive?''
-Not always the same
-Randomly
-Fresh install

OCZ:
''If the drive has been repeatedly benchmarked it will slow down until it has time to clean itself up. The drive will automatically maintain itself when idle. If you want to reset the drive right away you can do a destructive reset here:
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/staff/ryderocz/misc/sanitary_erase.zip Then from there quick format it with Windows 7 and run ATTO on the drive just one time''

What, I said the drive is defective and that I cannot even install an Operating Sytsem on it and they ask if I have repeatedly benched the drive ?
and to clear/erase it, what the.... the drive is new you just sent it to me, what's so wrong with you. Read my comments added to the helpdesk!!

FAIL #6 ? They do not read your emails ?

Ok so as this one is defective, I ask for RMA and told them that I am away for 2 weeks in vacation and without internet, rma accepted.

Back from vacation I see that they sent me a courier (fedex) when I was away.... FAIL #6 confirmed.

First good point for ocz though, they sent me an attached pre-paid shipping label, so they take care of the return of they defective part.

But, when I was in vacation (I took the vertex with me as my only ssd and I needed it), things got worse, sometimes the drive wan't reconized at post nor in the bios. So no way to boot my operating system. Sometimes the operating system just freeze or crash and when I reboot the computer it says ''no bootable device'' I had to turn off the computer and turn it on again, benchmarks like PCMark05, PCMark Vantage and PCMark 7 were always failing to compute due to aborted/failed HDD tests.

So as I am back and the support ticket is gone after 7 days, I opened a new one complaining that the drive is getting more and more defective.
I sent them a very long email telling all issues I encountered with their OCZ Vertex and asked that they send them first a new drive so I can move all my operative system and data from drive to drive.

OCZ replied:
''I sincerely apologize for any issues or inconveniences you have been experiencing with your OCZ product. Please provide us with the information requested below as a comment to your Ticket for RMA processing[...]''
then:
''I apologize, please disregard the previous message. Just verify your shipping address for me please''

They moved the status of my support ticket to advanced rma so said ''I set you up for advanced rma, so what’s going to happen is we are going to charge your credit card for the amount of the memory. Then once we get your bad product we will immediately credit your card back. You will be getting further details about the charge in an automated email that will be sent to you from the rma system''

What I understand is that I have to pay something so they can send me the new one, let me move my data and they will pay me back when they got the defective one.
But the defective one is gone for real, no more reconized thru the bios, nor thru the post, windows installer doesn't see it and another computer too.
Drive is 100 % dead.
Time to use the prepaid shipping label, vertex is sent to them and I asked them by email to recover all my operating system and data on the new drive.

FAIL #7: They didn't do it and even better they did not tell me they were not going to do it.

After 5-6 days, according to TNT Express tracking number they received the defective drive 3 days ago, so I asked for some news, here are the three replies I got from OCZ:
''it will be replaced within 48 hours ''
I replied 3 days after: ''any news ?''
OCZ again: ''for some reason it doesn't look like we received it. please contact supporteurope@ocztechnology.com ''
What ? Tracking number stats you got it one week ago !!!
OCZ again: '' that was my mistake what i ment was when we receive it and process it it will be shipped out within 48 hours. its not in our system for some reason''

Okayyy, they just don't care about you and reply randomly to you, FAIL #8

New drive received today, again with the following specs:
Read: 210 MB/s
Write: 75 MB/s
Substain Write: 25 MB/s
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/680/img0214qc.jpg

which is again a twice less performing ssd.

But wait this is just what is written on the box, as from my experience with OCZ products, specs on the box don't match with the product in the box.

Too bad this time it was true, I really received the twice less perfoming OCZ Vertex SSD:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7739/oczssd21vtx30g.jpg

FAIL #9

just for the record, I quote their own Warranty Policy:
''All OCZ Technology, Inc. (''OCZ'') products are warranted and tested to be free from defects in material and workmanship and to conform to the published specifications.[...]OCZ will repair the product or replace it with a comparable or better unit.''

HAHAHAHAHA What a joke

Conlcusion:
OCZ is an absolute joke, you are aware

True story, I got all emails from them, pics of drives, pics of benchs as proof.

Update 22/08/2011: Ok, after posting on their forum things went really better, the guy know what you are talking about and take care of the situation way much better than using Support Ticket Exdesk.
They offered to send me a Vertex 120GB, I asked them if a Vertex 2 40GB was possible and they replied that they are going to send me a courier as soon as possible to take back the Vertex they sent me and will send me a Vertex 2 60GB as soon as possible.

For my experience through the forum there is no problem for support/rma/help, they replied very quickly and the guy who your are talking with know what to do and what you are talking about.

Conclusion, as from my experience here, OCZ forum is THE place to ask support/rma, by using the ''Exdesk support ticket'' you will just suffer if you ask technical info or want an advanced rma. Seems OCZ is using an third party compagny for support ticket aka exdesk which appeared to be incompetent.

RyderOCZ said:
Just to clarify, we do not use a third party for support. Exdesk is the ticket software/hosting company. The people that answer tickets all work for OCZ in San Jose, CA.

Last edited:
System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
write this on local news paper and they would do it right

Feänor

Wow what a sad story. :cry:

It did took them 4 months to give me my mail-in rebate, but at least it finally came in!

All i have to say is don't let them win. Continue to argue so you will EVENTUALLY :)banghead:) get what you pay for. If you accept the shit they send you, or just say fuck it, then they will win over you...

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Unlucky for you. atleast my ocz ssd works perfect for more than year now :)

Christian Ney

It did took them 4 months to give me my mail-in rebate, but at least it finally came in!

All i have to say is don't let them win. Continue to argue so you will EVENTUALLY :)banghead:) get what you pay for. If you accept the shit they send you, or just say fuck it, then they will win over you...

I will never accept what they sent me, but this is way too much so let's make it public so you all can understand and know :)

Feänor

Yes, i'll be prepared to get very frustrated if i ever need rma.

I wish you you can get your money back...

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Here is a true story that happened to me, so a little bit more than one year ago I bought an OCZ Vertex SSD 30 GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G
(230 MB/s(Read) 135 MB/s (write) and 85 MB/s (Substained write))
like on the following picture:

Well according to there site it's there 64GB that does those speeds not the 32GB one.

Click the Spec tab
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-vertex-series-sata-ii-2-5-ssd.html

Is there any firmware updates for it ?.

In the end i bet some were that specifications can change without notice too lol.

Last time i delt with OCZ i had 0 issue with them..

Christian Ney

Well according to there site it's there 64GB that does those speeds not the 32GB one.

Click the Spec tab
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-vertex-series-sata-ii-2-5-ssd.html

Is there any firmware updates for it ?.

In the end i bet some were that specifications can change without notice too lol.

Last time i delt with OCZ i had 0 issue with them..

Please see here:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3618/oczssd21vtx30g.png

They updated their website with the new OCZSSD2-1VTX30G specs, I have the old one, they changed the specs but kept the same part number ;)

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
That sucks man, tbh sometimes it's just the luck of the draw, and the subsequent issues being down to a sequence of unfortunate incoincidental incidents rather than the company being a complete waste of space, I would imagine anyway.

A lot of people sh*t on OCZ SSD drives ( I actually think this is more down to the fact that OCZ are one of/the biggest sellers of SSD drives rather than their failure rate being a lot higher than other mfr's)but I am one of the lucky ones who has had one now for 6+ months with 0 issues and infact the speeds now are still as good as the 1st day and are inline with the rated speeds with no slow down whatsoever.

Christian Ney

Update 22/08/2011: Ok, after posting on their forum things went really better, the guy know what you are talking about and take care of the situation way much better than using Support Ticket Exdesk.
They offered to send me a Vertex 120GB, I asked them if a Vertex 2 40GB was possible and they replied that they are going to send me a courier as soon as possible to take back the Vertex they sent me and will send me a Vertex 2 60GB as soon as possible.

For my experience through the forum there is no problem for support/rma/help, they replied very quickly and the guy who your are talking with know what to do and what you are talking about.

Conclusion, as from my experience here, OCZ forum is THE place to ask support/rma, by using the ''Exdesk support ticket'' you will just suffer if you ask technical info or want an advanced rma. Seems OCZ is using an third party compagny for support ticket aka exdesk which appeared to be incompetent.

Last edited:
System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Every time you wrote FAIL # I read it in The Count's voice from Sesame Street. It's what got me through reading your entire post.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I guess my only question is why you were trying to install XP on it. It has no support at all for SSD's
Still doesn't matter in the overall for it being a bad drive but you were asking for trouble from the start even trying that.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
some times thats just the way it is. People who work at support just hired to work there and could care less about the companies customer satiusfaction level.

In the forum is where you get all the staff who are all predomininatly enthusiasts too, so they would understand your frustrations more then the poeple who are just paid to handle your complaints.

I wanted to RMA my 6970s at one point as i wasnt 100% satisified with them. I contacted support and tried to get them sent back but i was shot down because the operator told me the box had already been opened and the cards had already been used.

Luckily im registered to a forum where the MANAGER of the returns department is there as a rep for his company. sent a few inbox's his way. and since the cards were less then 2 weeks old. they were still willing to accept them back. but in the end i changed my mind and decided to keep them.

but it shows how bad support can be and how some will stonewall you at the first oppotunity so fast you will literally get knocked off your feet.

Thats why TPU needs more Reps. Guru3d has loads of reps, Bit-tech has a fair few.

Christian Ney

I guess my only question is why you were trying to install XP on it. It has no support at all for SSD's
Still doesn't matter in the overall for it being a bad drive but you were asking for trouble from the start even trying that.

You can install XP where you want, I even installed it on an usb stick time ago. But it's true that there is no Trim or/and XP doesn't automatically disable defragmentation and indexation.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Everything up to FAIL #5 is just bad luck and or standard procedures probably for them. And the rest is bad luck.

System Name no remorse
Processor i7 2600k @ 4.7 ht on
Motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud3p-b3
Cooling xspc rasa cpu block, bitspower restop, mcp355
Memory 4 x 4gb corsair vengance 1600 8-8-8-24
Video Card(s) 570 gtx
Storage 2x32 gb patriot ssd's in raid 0 (os & games) / 2 x 500gb barracuda (storage)
Display(s) 25 inch 1080p widescreen i-inc
Case cooler master haf x
Audio Device(s) turtle beach earforce px21 headset (usb)
Power Supply corsair HX850
Benchmark Scores super pi 1m : 7.160 sec. 34,837 3dmark06
wow, I actually read that whole wall, and I was seriously thinking about purchasing an ocz ssd. This has clearly opened my eye's, as I have never had to rma thru them ever.Looks like I will not EVER buy anything from them.

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
wow, I actually read that whole wall, and I was seriously thinking about purchasing an ocz ssd. This has clearly opened my eye's, as I have never had to rma thru them ever.Looks like I will not EVER buy anything from them.

This is a very ignorant statement. Go look at every hardware forum. You WILL find a lousy RMA experience with every single company, including well regarded companies like Corsair and Mushkin. It just happens. You should never determine your purchase solely on one persons experience. Focus on trends of service.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro

I have never received an OCZ rebate. Consider yourself lucky.

Christian Ney

Well, if you ask support/rma directly on their forum and not thru their website/exdesk, there is no problems, I got some feedback that guys using their forum for support/rma aren't having any problems.

I think it's only with exdesk that you are going to do this: :banghead:

Seems OCZ is using an third party compagny for support ticket aka exdesk which appeared to be incompetent.

Most of support are incompetetnt in all companies, be it OCZ, Corsair, ACER, you name it. I had awful experience with all of them. Like they have some mungo's who don't understand english at all and they never bother to read your replies. Things are even worse if you happen to live in Europe and companies treat you as some shitty eastern country.

ACER
When i contacted ACER US, i got a reply in few minutes, but they then kindly asked me to contact ACER EMEA because US support cannot deal with European products issues. ACER EMEA required 2 days just to ask again some dumb question. I replied to it and they needed another day to reply with some completely irrelevant answer and suggestion. And this repeated for a wekk until i was so pissed of i sent them somewhere.

Corsair
I never had a RMA with them but the guys on their forums have no clue about anything at all. It makes you wonder if they support Corsair products or a grocery. And i bet they know more about broccoli than they do about Corsair products. Whatever i asked them, they never gave me a straight answer. They don't know what firmware update even fixes (wtf), they don't know how their drives work, they don't know anything about TRIM support etc etc. Imagine buying a car and the official deal would have no clue how the engine works or where to put oil in. I got that kind of feeling with Corsair forums. Incompetent to the extreme. Or it's just me who apparently expects way too much from some crappy support staff...

Samsung
Support simply doesn't exist for us at all. Apart from a local official Samsung dealer which doesn't seem to know shit about their products as well. When i tried to contact Samsung UK which has a beautiful webpage with support contact forms and all but i got rejected because data and apparently IP didn't look like from someone that lives in the UK.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Imagine buying a car and the official deal would have no clue how the engine works

They don't.

Anyhow, I think every company has it's pros and cons, it's luck I guess.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
awkward. i'll see if i can rustle up some help at OCZ for you, i've got contacts there in high places.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
the people i know, especially BigToe/Tony are very helpful people. Tony knows his stuff from top to bottom, and he takes his support stuff very seriously.