• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Odd Monitor (s) issue

wilyc

Hi,

I have 2 monitors connected to my CPU. My CPU has 2 graphics cards.

I posted a couple of weeks back that I suspected that only 1 of these graphics cards were working.

Coincidentally this when turning off/on the the computer this evening monitors remainded in standby mode. First time it has happened.

I did the 101 checking and finally connected both monitors to the second graphics card, and hey presto, both are now on.

So I guess this answers my question that only 1 graphics card works at a time. Im not too concerned as to why it has randomly changed over (first time it has happened in approx 3 yrs of daily use / ownership) although curious. However, I am keen to get both graphics cards working at the same time. Prevously monitors only connected via graphics card 1

Intel Core i7 920

ASUS P6T SE

Radeon HD 4650 x 2 (prev could nto find a way of identifying how to ID which radeon was which).

Only thing I can thing of that may cause it - the PC in Q is in lounge and I switch it from dual montiors to the main telly evening. Clearly I do this when powered off. But I though worth mentioning.

Any ideas?