• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Office 2007 Tweaks Thread

1Strive

System Name Back in Black
Processor AMD Opteron 180 @ 2.6GHz (Dual Core)
Motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling All Antec Case Fans (3-speed and Quiet as they come.)
Memory 2GB DDR440MHz (Corsair XMS LED Series) 1GB x2 [Dual-Channel]
Video Card(s) 8800GTS G92 512mb (eVGA-745/1000) 9474 in 3Dmark06 at Defaults.
Storage 2 WD 74GB Raptors in RAID Zero for Vista. WD 250GB for XP and Storage
Display(s) Acer 22' widescreen. 1680x1050 res / 5ms
Case Antec Black Server Chassis / Logitec G7 Wireless-Laser Mouse
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Music w/ 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones
Power Supply Antec 500Watt ATX2.0 Modular
Software Vista Ultimate (64-bit) / Playing: Crysis in DX9 on XP @ 1680x1050 High with 30FPS
Benchmark Scores Over 9k in 3DMark06! That's better than 80% of all systems tested and logged according to 3Dmark's s
I got this idea from Jimmy2004's Vista Thread. Way to go Jimmy!

Outlook 2007
Using YPOPs to download Mail from Yahoo Mail
YPOPs is a Free POP3 Emulator

Problems

Problem 1: Mail was downloading correctly but wasn’t leaving copies in Yahoo Mail’s Inbox. That meant the mail was only stored on my Home PC. How would I access my Yahoo Mail from Work Computer?

Problem 2: Other problem was Outlook “by default” was only Retrieving my mail every 30 minutes.

Problem 3: Need Cool Notification Noise

Solutions

Solution 1: Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup Tab\E-Mail Accounts
E-mail Tab\Select Account\More Settings\Advanced Tab\Delivery\Select (Check) Leave a copy of messages on the server.

Solution 2: Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup Tab\Send/Receive\Schedule and automatic send/receive every “blank” minute. (Default = 30 / My Setting = 5)

Solution 3: Download Noise in .wav format. Control Panel\Sound\Sounds Tab\New Mail Notification\Browse to downloaded sound file. I did the “Beep Beep MAIL! MF!” from Euro Trip.

Edit: Also to run outlook minimized w/o showing the window. Right-Click the Oulook Icon by the clock and select "Hide when Minimized".

Hope you enjoyed this Tweak.
Later,
STRIVE

Add your Office 2007 Tweaks!!! (Like where is Everything Now?)