1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ok this shit aint funny no more

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Ketxxx, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I've just lost almost 1600 posts, I dont care about the postcount itself, but as some will know its one way of judging somebodys credibility, an thats why I'm pissed off, especially after the amount of constructive posts and time I spent here. Zek said he screwed up when hunting down athlons other user accounts, fair enough, props to him for saying he screwed up. I know user post counts can be at least changed back to their original figure on most forums, so I assume the same would apply here and I also assume if Zek could change the figure back (likely he cant due to authority restrictions), he would at least do that putting a wrong at least halfway right.

Random things are happening around here and its like the forums have lost all sence of control and simple communication skills. At this stage I'm glad I havent wasted time editing and updating a multitude of guides I have sitting on a USB stick and posted them, god knows what may of happen to them otherwise. To make it absolutely clear, its not the seemingly lost posts or the post count I'm pissed off about, but the potential reputational damage. I dont claim to know the exact details of whats going on behind closed doors, though I do have a reasonable idea. So I'll end in saying bloody sort it out. :mad: me :nutkick: TPU "authorities"

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    lol ketxxx :p
    you don't need to nutkick them...

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I do. I refuse to be dragged into their petty squabbling. The only kind of organisation this place is showing lately is organised chaos, theres no proper chain of command or structure in place what so ever.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I understand that you want to say omg look at my post I am contributing, but 2000 is alot... live with it...

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    No its not that, like I said its reputational damage thats pissed me off. The least TPU can do is damn well implement some form of chain of command to keep things organised.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Here's an idea, how about we just drop it, because an e-penis shows nothing about the real person behind the avatar?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's not like you have any reputation anyways :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I work hard for any reputation I get, or anything I do for that matter. If I wanted a lesser reputation I simply would of not posted half as often. Anyone who has built themselves up in their area of expertise will fully understand why I'm pissed off. Reputation has nothing to do with ego, it shows among other things, how trustworthy you are. Lets take for example the FS area, who would you feel more comfortable buying from; someone with 3.6k posts and a PPD of 9 or so, or as I happen to appear now, someone with 2k posts and barely 5 PPD?

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I respect people who spend all day on a tech forum and show their penis on the webcam. I'll make sure your reputation stays the way it is.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, I have a higher PPD than you. you suck:D

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    And you call yourself a mod? Last I checked flaming a situation was not professional to any degree. If you wish I can happily record this thread and let w1z see just how his mods react when his back is turned.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Calm down people, it was a bloody accident :rolleyes:

Dont get your e-penis's in a twist :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    *sigh* I'll say it again. I dont care about the seemingly lost posts or postcount, but the reputation and confidence people could have in what was said based on posts. Making a successful reputation isnt an easy thing to do, while my reputation here is obviously not something that can affect my real world reputation, it can shake newbies. Lets take for example someone with more posts than me posts something trying to help a new member, whats posted isnt entirely accurate so I post sorting a few things out, the newbie could just automatically assume the person with more posts is right not knowing any better.

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    Even still at 2000 posts, I dont think that matters. Even if the other person has 4000. I think there is a point where you have "enough"

Although, I do see what you are saying

16. SilentAces New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about implementing a REP+ type system...where people who get good help from members can give them a REP point....the higher the REP the more helpful the user...ppd would mean nothing at that point...

PFT! at the attitude of some :banghead:

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think thats a great idea. Been on other forums with it. Other members give you "member marks" or whatever you want to call it. I think its a great idea

18. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ketxxx, do you realize that the very reason you want your posts back is to have a bigger e-penis. You say it's for reputation. Reputation = E-penis.

Don't worry about it. I've lost post counts before, even rep on other forums.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    No, its about helping others. Because I have a genuine passion for what I do I cant stand somebody acting on bad advice, and as a result of a lower postcount, newbies will naturally be inclined to side with the user who has more posts.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    but you have 2o0o... if there was a 1000 point differance between someone who had 50 and the other 1050, thats where this thinking comes into play. However, you have 2000 and if the other person has 3000.... I do not think it would matter. But thats my opinion and I understand yours

21. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I understand why Ket's pissed...if any of you guys worked as hard as he did to help others and be successful at it, that last thing you want is to lose something you gained, whether it's extremely important or not...he earned what he had..physical or digital. It was his personal time...he didn't get paid to do any of this, he willingly did it, and to have lost what he earned is definately not impressive.

Think of it akin to doing some chores when you were or a kid (or still are)...getting a couple of bucks and your older sibling takes that money...you whine and get 1 dolloar back. To everyone else it's good enough...but to you it's completely wrong and it would have almost been better to have not gotten anything in return at all.

As far as reputation goes...that's also earned, of course respect is another factor in it, and because nobody seems to understand or care why Ket's pissed shows that respect flops worse than my grandma's bi-polar disease! Ket I hope you get the respect/reputation you deserve and what you request back that was taken from you!

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I think I've had to deal with enough shit today, please just drop this.

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    But I can see the reputation thing..

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    As pissed as I am, I cant help but laugh at that comment "fuckin stupid idiot why did you delete ketx' posts" :D :roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well hope ya get your stuff back to the way it was man! Props for being as helpful as you are, I much appreciate it!

10 Year Member at TPU