• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Old Games vs. New Games

Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
Hmmm, I don't know, tons of newer adventure and puzzle to be had. Try The Talos Principle, or Obduction, or maybe even Hellblade. :)
if i were to be honest the source of my frustration and mini rant recently lies with the rise of the tomb raider....lara is ALWAYS telling me what to do before i even observe my surroundings and o feel like i am playing a third person borderlands too much time is spent upgrading weapons because a lot of time is spent fighting X .Its all about the loot so to speak

There are terrible games every year, adn there are memorable ones every year. Nothing's really changed in that sense IMO.

What's changed is that today there so much on offer, that its easier to look at the best thing there is in any given category and despise everything else. Back in the day, that didn't work, there WAS no backlog, there WAS no Steam Sale, only the budget bin where you could find the older titles for a smaller price, which would then push you into getting that after all because you completed everything else.

Nah. You gotta look around more then. Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Torment: Tides of Numblabla; Divinity OS2... there's a lot to be had these days. RPG is stronger than ever tbh. And if you like the numbers game in your RPG, there are half a dozen very strong Diablo clones out; or super creative stuff such as Darkest Dungeon.

The true puzzling though, yes you're probably right about that. Puzzle games have really also carved out a segment of their own; Talos Principle, The Witness, etc. And they have married with the RPG too, in the form of things like this: http://www.grimrock.net/

Grimrock my kind of game. I also like Freespace/Freespace2.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
if i were to be honest the source of my frustration and mini rant recently lies with the rise of the tomb raider....lara is ALWAYS telling me what to do before i even observe my surroundings and o feel like i am playing a third person borderlands too much time is spent upgrading weapons because a lot of time is spent fighting X .Its all about the loot so to speak

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a typical triple-A game that I personally avoid. Not much to see here other than Lara boobs and bland gameplay.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I tend to stick with the older ones, costs less to game on properly and cheaper to buy, problems worked out of them and you don't need to have the latest and greatest hardware to game on them at decent settings :D

I'm still getting through a load of older games, I'm having no issues with that :)

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
I am trying to get through a ton of indie games. I really only have my laptop to game on. I have a 7870 in one of my desktop machines but, something went funky and it needs repair.

My single biggest issue, it seems, is finding time to devote to repairing my various boxes (and buying parts) and to playing games.

Some of these won't even play on my laptop, I have only finished a few and have opened and played maybe a third of them. I still occasionally buy stuff, and then it sits. I am hoping that someday, I will have time to veg out and play. As it is, I might get an hour, or two, each month!

Also, This is only a partial list of the games I currently own. There are many more, that are clogging up my SSD!

I have a PS2, that has mostly turned into a DVD player for the TV. The games for it, that I love, are on the floor next to it.

It's sad, how my current life has killed the gamer, in me. I really do need to figure a few things out. The game I play the most is undoubtedly Ingress, on my phone.

It gets me outta the house and I play on my commute to work and around town on errands. In fact, I have an Ingress planned outing, this afternoon. Combined with a grocery run and laundry. So, maybe, I will fire up a game tonight, after dinner?

:toast:
:lovetpu:

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro

I still like Tomb Raider... or maybe just have some nostalgia. So I still play them. But I know what you mean. You're not supposed to be walked through problem solving. Totally defeats the purpose of games...outside a tutorial at least.

Processor Ryzen 5 3600 PRO
Motherboard AsRock B450 Pro4
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 /w Noctua NF-P12
Memory Silicon Power XPower Zenith 2x8GB @1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB / Crucial MX 500 1TB
Display(s) Dell P2419H
Case Fractal Design Pop Air /w 3x Arctic P12 PWM
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Edifier R1000T4
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse Microsoft Intelimouse Pro
Keyboard IBM KB-8926
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Turns on on the first try! Usually.
Nah, I really don't see it. Even the average Nintendo game was harder than stuff I see today. I know it isn't me or that I got smarter and more clever since childhood (I know more, but I don't think our underlying intelligence changes). Many new games are rote actions, with a few patterns to work out. It used to be frustrating (but fun)... like wanting to throw the controller at the TV type of frustrating. It's rare to see that now.

edit: You can almost see this dumbing down trend even in minor handheld stuff. Tetris could be legitimately stimulating and challenging (at least as you climbed levels), Fast forward 10 years and Bejeweled can be somewhat challenging but it was easier.. and now look at the new popular phone game Candy Crush. I tried it out and was surprised how stupid it was. I could click virtually with my eyes closed and kept on winning and getting big flashy "level up" screens. You barely have to actually "play" anything. And this is indicative of what I see in some AAA action games too. Very few are like a Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden (these stand out amongst modern beat em ups).
All true, but I was mostly talking about quality. As far as major devs and publishers go you don't often see new great ideas. They are either identical sequels or clones of the current trends. Difficulty wise, yea, a big nosedive compared to the older stuff. Can't pass a level, buy it?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Older games were definitely better. Times were a lot simpler back then as well. Devs/publishers also cared about the community that their games create. Activision used to love its players InfinityWard used to love its players then they all got greedy and suddenly having a good community/following wasnt as important as how much more money they could potentially milk off you using their game as an excuse. EA obviously being the biggest culprit here. They complain that games are hard/harder to make so they have to charge full price and lock half the game behind a paywall to make their money back... what a load of BS. If its not that games are harder to make then its piracy that is hitting game sales and they arent making enough revenue.

If these developers actually put in the effort to make a solid game then they wont have any problems selling it. Great example would be the early Battlefield games... Compare how great those games were to the newer Battlefield titles. Sure they are good but they werent as great as BF2 or 1942 or 2142 even though 2142 had its own problems.

EA messing with developers ideas, forcing them to make a game nobody wanted then shutting down the studio when the game nobody wanted sells badly?? Like Hello??? Nobody wanted this damn game.

While there have been exceptions like CDproject red etc etc who really go beyond what most developers do in this day and age to get you a great game thats fully fleshed out, that has tonnes of content. Even if they were to keep part of the game behind a paywall I wouldnt complain because the amount of content they have already given you and the content you will receive by buying their DLC is worth every last penny.

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
In my opinion ,often the simplest or least expected game can be extremely entertaining. For example, when dayZ came out, it was so fun for about a year so destroying other players online. They never had a chance :) because oddly enough, I spent literally thousands of hours playing the vanilla Arma game. I loved creating battles, scripting scenarios and events, as well as trying all the different weapons in the game. And obviously, during all those hours of gameplay a person gets used to that terribly optimized, and extremely unintuitive gameplay that is Arma. When day Z came out, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

But I would've never expected to have so much fun with a military simulator, but I did ,and thousands of hours of fun. You never know which game is going to draw you in

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I feel the quality of game production has steadily declined, and with hardware prices going crazy, it's very hard to take. It's hard to even imagine how much longer the gaming industry can endure this trend. More and more dev teams cannot afford to be independent, and quite a few have been shut down. Even ones that have made great games, like Visceral Games. The one common denominator in all this is publishers are too greedy and have too much control. That more than anything is ruining the gaming industry.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
When I think of puzzles, I don't mean puzzle games personally. I mean puzzles embedded in every aspect of gameplay. Or pattern recognition, rather. Even an old platformer was rife with puzzles -- measuring when to time jumps in Metroid or Donkey Kong, for example. And rife in many old boss battles -- when to time your dodges and recognition when a Boss was broadcasting his next big attack. When you can simply attack with barely do any reading of an enemy, that's when I say it lacks puzzles. A lot of new gamers simply dole out rewards for simply playing... rather than playing right.

Trine, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Meat Boy, Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight, Limbo and Portal are all prime examples of strong puzzle solving in modern gaming. One mistake that a lot of people make is ignoring the smaller studios, and there are some seriously good games there.

Prototype is an old school, insanely difficult boss battle type game.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
What do you think? New games sucks compare to old games?
Depends a lot on the quality of the game as much as the era it was made in and one's preferences. There's no one right answer to this question.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Trine, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Meat Boy, Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight, Limbo and Portal are all prime examples of strong puzzle solving in modern gaming. One mistake that a lot of people make is ignoring the smaller studios, and there are some seriously good games there.

Prototype is an old school, insanely difficult boss battle type game.

Preaching to the choir. I own all of them :p

I merely agreed with the earliest/second poster, who laid his criticism at AAA studios (outside Japanese ones).

Portal is an exception. Valve is AAA.... but they're also flakes. They seemingly don't care about development anymore. Portal and Half-Life are pretty much in limbo.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Newer games honestly suck. Anyone and everyone is pumping out anything possible through steam.

Older games are so much more enjoyable it seems. Like GOG's catalog is packed with some fun and enjoyable classics.

I honestly enjoy games from the ps1 and ps2 era more.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
I love a lot of older games they still have a lot of playability quake 3 for example I can still get maps and player models for it if new games had playability like some of the old games instead of being finish-able in a day or two I might like them too

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
The worst thing about the newer the game is the way they screw you by making you purchase more shit. Make a damn game and include everything , maybe bump the price up a little, but don't make us have to spend $100 per friggin game. I have been PC gaming since Windows 3 and this new trend blows.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Have several I still play like Silent Hunter 3 and 4, Jane's WWII Fighters (Great one) the older COD games Glactic Civilizations and such. It's been years since I've bought a game I'll admit and really have no need to worry about it but I also HATE anything I can't play offline. If I can't hold a copy of it in my hand and play it without a web connection I don't bother..... But hey, that's just me.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
@Bones I agree with you if a game doesn't have a decent offline single player campaign I wont go near it

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
@Bones I agree with you if a game doesn't have a decent offline single player campaign I wont go near it
I'm normally like that too. My only exception is Rainbow Six Siege on the PS4 Pro. I'm a PC gamer (obviously) but this is for the sole purpose of playing online with my friends and have been playing for more than a year now. I've got some other games on the PS4 Pro, but it's only this one that I play in any serious way on it.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
New games win hands down. Been gaming since the 70's and I've never been happier than in the past 15 years. Sure there are issues but ultimately I have never been happier.

I don't really care if games are old or new, I only care about my favorite series and characters. If they stay true to themselves and at the same time don't get old/boring then it's fine. If they become unrecognizable just to attract and milk casual players who got a lot of money to buy new shiny shit then I won't gaf about them anymore.

Games like Metroid, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, Diablo, Sonic, FEAR, Duke Nukem never disappoint me, they just always seem to withstand the test of time. I love them all. Old ones or new ones I don't care.

Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
I just thought of something. What is considered new Vs old? I mean at my age I was playing games before some of you were born. Old games for me are 70's and 80's.

Maybe I should have looked at this topic from a date range of 1996 to present. In that case I would still pick the games of the last 10 years or so.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Been thinking about recording gameplay and just making a short vid of some games I have with Fraps.
I'll probrably use Jane's to try this with and see how it turns out.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Been thinking about recording gameplay and just making a short vid of some games I have with Fraps.
I'll probrably use Jane's to try this with and see how it turns out.
If you have an nvidia card you can use the built in recording software. it works fantastic.