• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OMG!!!! Direct Evidence for Cosmic Inflation

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
It's always easier to predict something on a macro scale than on a micro scale. For example, we can reasonably predict that the stock markets will rise but we can't accurately predict what will happen today or the next. Weather is literally changing all of the time and if we are incapable of measuring all of those changes, we can't very accurately make predictions. The aggregate of weather (climate) is fairly easy to predict though. For example, we're very certain the Sahara desert is going to remain dry and Antarctica will remain cold for the foreseeable future..
Yet you will have me belive with the billions of miles/years and variables between us and then evidence perceived from an infant race in space would be able to tell how the universe was made. Space is cold....unless you are near the sun. Seriously we LIVE ON EARTH and haven't even mapped 100% of the oceans floor except though sonar which has been proven to not be 100% effective. But sure that star that's 5 light years away is made up of hydrogen. We know because its a lil blue. GTFO of here.

I'm sure Richard Dawkins would disagree with you. Firstly, he'd point out that humans are not apes. We share a common ancestor millions of years ago that was neither ape nor human. Secondly, in our DNA, proof that we evolved from a common ancestor is not just present, it is overwhelming. Thirdly, he'd point out that this isn't even a subject of debate in the scientific community..
No one is doubting we have a common ancestor. They just don't know how we came to evolve how we have. As far as I know the their are a few transitional fossils is still missing. Its all fun and games until the link is found......(Which I fully believe is valid)

Think of the formation of the universe as a giant explosion. Crime scene investigators can figure out the details of an explosion from the aftermath. Why is it unreasonable that we could piece together how the big bang occurred by studying the aftermath? Evidence has been piling up for the formation of the universe (as we know it) over the past hundreds of years. We still don't have a complete picture nor understanding of it. Cosmic inflation is one of those pieces.
This isn't NCIS bro. This is the origin of EVERYTHING.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
But sure that star that's 5 light years away is made up of hydrogen. We know because its a lil blue. GTFO of here.
Research spectrographs.

No one is doubting we have a common ancestor. They just don't know how we came to evolve how we have. As far as I know the their are a few transitional fossils is still missing. Its all fun and games until the link is found......(Which I fully believe is valid)
Fossils are a rare thing. We're lucky to find any at all. In short, it is entirely expected that these "transitional fossils" will never be found. By studying DNA, we already know what those "transitional fossils" likely looked like. As DNA mapping progresses, we'll eventually be able to image every change in the genetic code from our common ancestor with apes to a modern man.

This isn't NCIS bro. This is the origin of EVERYTHING.
The process is the same. Study the facts, attempt to explain them, perform experiments, study the results, and try again if it doesn't match.

It's Polarbear's turn to mess with the oldest light in the Universe:

POLARBEAR measures remnant radiation from the Big Bang, which has cooled and stretched with the expansion of the universe to microwave lengths. This CMB acts as an enormous backlight, illuminating the large-scale structure of the universe and carrying an imprint of cosmic history.

Let's hope it's not galactic dust

Scientists developed the bolometers to record the direction of the light's electrical field from multiple points in the sky. POLARBEAR has now mapped these angles with resolution on a scale of ~ 3 arcminutes. The team found telling twists called B-modes in the patterns of polarization, signs that this cosmic backlight has been warped by intervening structures in the universe, including such mysteries as dark matter, composed of substance that remains unknown, and the famously aloof particles called neutrinos, which elude capture making them difficult to study.

If you wonder what is E and B-mode polarization it's eh .. in a nutshell:

After the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years ago, the universe was so hot and dense that light bounced endlessly from one particle to another, scattering from and ionizing any atoms that formed. Only when the universe was 380000 years old was it sufficiently cool to allow an electron and a proton to form a stable hydrogen atom without being immediately broken apart. Suddenly, all the photons were set free.

The photons bounced off the electrons, they touched the last electron and then they went for 14 billion years until they got to telescopes on the ground. That's E-mode. B-mode polarization contains more information because photons carry this only if matter around the last point of scattering was unevenly distributed. This happens when light passes through the gravitational fields of massive objects, such as clusters of galaxies.

*looks at dramatic thread title* They flopped ... but it's a question of science, there are ups and downs lol. Apparently they'll need more sophisticated and sensitive equipment. Maybe in 10-20 years things will change. Maybe sooner ... I hope

This image from the European Space Agency's Planck satellite shows the space observatory's view of the same region observed by the Antarctica-based BICEP2 project. The Planck data suggests that light patterns that confirmed cosmic inflation theory were actually caused by space dust.

"Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm that the signal is an imprint of cosmic inflation," Jean-Loup Puget, principal investigator of the HFI instrument on Planck.

All-sky maps of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) from the Planck satellite give a better idea of how interstellar dust conflicts with the CMB. The results suggest that a signal seen by the BICEP2 collaboration, purported to be evidence of inflation in the early universe, was largely contaminated by dust.
Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm that the signal is an imprint of cosmic inflation," Jean-Loup Puget, principal investigator of the HFI instrument on Planck

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Gazillions alternatives. M-theory, superstrings (sounds sexy lol), brane cosmology, holographic principle .... Duh maybe we don't even exist and always were dead

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
I read the word Gazillions and my head went.................... BOOM.

Come on Drone.......which one are you betting on......................and yes, i've got all day. (sorry mods)

I'm not really into cosmic inflation, it's way too dull. So I choose brane theory. I don't think they can prove it anytime soon but I like it anyway,

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Oh no , not more bloody reading.
.................................................................................walks off, looking at the floor, taking small steps, looking increasingly disshevelled, starts crying.

Bet you a fiver its Cosmic Inflation...

i am literally just about getting a grip on cosmic inflation in my own little way, and i thought that was it.

So glad i found this thread and the other similar ones.

Cosmic Inflation is real it is happenning right now inside my cranial cavity.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Beware : those one liners becomes profil signatures pretty quickly :lovetpu:

Sorry, this is an interesting thread and i will not be tangented. I have already been warned.

Oh, and can i correct the spelling mistake first please.

More please Drone.

Last edited: