• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

On GFX card reviews

Would love to see ....

-MSI AB settings used for the OCs obtained

-A performance per dollar applet. The performance per dollar graphs work well when considering an upgrade where the GFX card represents the only expense. But when building a new system, the graphs here are misleading. Since you can't play a game with a GFX card by itself, moving up to a better card should be evaluated based upon the cost of the system. I don't know how difficult it would be to have the applet tap into your test database and provide that comparison. I make these for an MMO I play not using dollars but for things such as crafting materials databases .... they are spreadsheet based ... I upload the SS data as a CSV with formulas and he writes the WebIG programming to make the applets work.

Your performance databases obviously includes relative performance and costs and the formula is based normalized values of Card Performance Score / Card Cost. The applet would be based upon normalized values of Card Performance Score / (Card Cost + System Cost). Would provide a nice way for folks to go to pcpartpicker and do a build w/o GFX card (say $1200) and compare the performance relative to the cost of the entire build by opening the applet, entering their build cost and seeing the relative performance of GFX card options.