• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial On Intel and Their $7B White House Affair

Liberals always taking credit for anything positive they've done and never owning up to anything negative they've and when in doubt just say the parties switched or make a false remark about prejudice and of course blame Bush about EVERYTHING.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Saying "glorious leader"...yeah no sarcasm or "knocking" anyone there.

It was. I think his point is more that you and others here need to deal with it and take a serious chill pill. This is politics, are you new to them or something?

I mean, for all trump supporters seem to think liberals get "TRIGGERED" they seem to be the most triggerable of anyone I've seen yet, frankly.

Let me break it down for you:

Rule 1.) Opposite ends don't always show each other complete respect. This is just how it works. Both sides are guilty. It isn't a "liberal disease."

Liberals always taking credit for anything positive they've done and never owning up to anything negative they've and when in doubt just say the parties switched or make a false remark about prejudice and of course blame Bush about EVERYTHING.

Please don't confuse liberals with political assholes.

I'm a liberal, and I'd be happy to make a list for you of 10 things I think a conservative leader did right, followed by 10 things I disagree with the liberals on and think they screwed up big time.

It won't take long, but I'm not just going to do it for kicks. I want to build a bridge here, so let's try something: If I do it, you have to do the same, only for your parties.

Then you must not know what slander is, or bad and unethical journalism. Even if "fake news" is accepted nowadays doesn't mean it's acceptable. A turd won't smell any better after simply calling it by another name.

I've worked in a newspaper and was a runner up to Raevenlord's position (@W1zzard can corroborate this if you really need it). I have no doubts I know a lot more about journalism ethics than you. There was nothing wrong or inherently "fake" (love how Trumps twitter memes are bleeding into here) about this clearly marked editorial piece, which changes the rules quite a bit with regards to what's fair to say. If it's an editorial, you can literally call a Trump a turd, and as long as you admit that's your opinion, sorry dude, slander it is not.

Last edited:
I've worked in a newspaper and was a runner up to Raevenlord's position (@W1zzard can corroborate this if you really need it). I have no doubts I know a lot more about journalism ethics than you. There was nothing wrong or inherently "fake" (love how Trumps twitter memes are bleeding into here) about this clearly marked editorial piece, which changes the rules quite a bit with regards to what's fair to say. If it's an editorial, you can literally call a Trump a turd, and as long as you admit that's your opinion, sorry dude, slander it is not.

Editorials and Opinion pieces are not excluded from facts. They also include a decent an opposing view, which we got none of these.

Center for Journalism Ethics said:
The most important form of opinion journalism is a journalism that creates deliberative spaces in news media. These spaces, online and offline, allow citizens of different views to speak respectfully but frankly to each other.

The basic norms of deliberative journalism can be expressed as a set of commitments:

1. Commitment to evidence-based inquiry: Opinion should be rigorously based on a wide range of evidence, solid studies, and perspectives on the data. I am ready to follow the facts where they lead.

2. Commitment to the overall public good: Opinion should be guided by what is best for the public as a whole, not what is expedient for my cause or my political group. I should not be so attached to my “truth” that I am ready to use almost any means to persuade others and to promote my aims.

3. Commitment to telling the whole truth: Opinion should not hide inconvenient facts. I am not willing to distort the truth to suit my aims. I do not misrepresent the views others or demonize them.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Editorials and Opinion pieces are not excluded from facts.

No, editorials are not, but since when are personal opinions based on facts? Please reread how I phrased my response. It was intentional. If you say something is your opinion, it instantly becomes yours alone and is pretty immune to slander claims, which is what I was responding to.

Calling "Trump a turd" was a bit of a exageration to show how far you can go when stating an opinion without it being slander. I was not defending that as good journalism, mind you.

They also include a decent an opposing view, which we got none of these.

Editorials do not necessarily, and everything I've been taught indicates that editorials are precisely for expression of opinions within the bounds that it's not misleading or outright lying, which did not occur here. No violation here occurred as nowhere did I see a genuine desire to mislead, or intentional distortion of the facts.

Try again.

Last edited:
System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
Thank you for adding some semblance of sanity back to this thread R-T-B, it seems to be very much lacking currently.

I personally think that no matter what side of politics you are from, it shall be an interesting time to be in the US and it will look very different to the way it was at the start of Donald's term in office. Whether this is a good thing remains to be seen and the outcomes will be debated in the history books.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
I cannot help but notice how easily labels are tossed around and then simply everything someone says becomes "invalid" purely based on aforementioned label.
The polarization is real and it saddens me deeply. The trick is to not take sides, the world isn't black & white you know.

From an European point of view, your (yankees) partisanism and generalisation is big (there is good and bad on both sides, as strange as it might be! LOL) and the differences between both parties are SMALL... Here we have much more offers ;-) .

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
This thread is a shining example for why we shouldn't have political discourse on TPU. Keep it pure unbiased tech. I hope Raven learned a valuable lesson on this one. I think hes well written so, I would like to see him countiue being an editor on TPU. With that being said I don't come to TPU's front page to read his opinion on things. No offence to him but, I could care less what his political view is. Qubit did this for a while and look where he is. Stick to tech. Want politics? Post up on GN.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Qubit did this for a while and look where he is.
No that's not why I left, mm. pm me if you wanna discuss this further.

I get why you want politics out of TPU and I generally agree. All I can say is that I think there are exceptions as I mentioned in a previous post here and that this was one of them. Just my opinion though on this one and it's certainly not hard and fast. :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Memory 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6700XT Gaming OC (2.80Ghz core / 2.15Ghz mem)
Storage Corsair MP510 NVMe 960GB; Samsung 850 Evo 250GB; Samsung 860 Evo 500GB;
Display(s) Dell S2721DGFA; Iiyama ProLite B2783QSU;
Case Cooler Master Elite 361
Power Supply Cooler Master G750M
OK, so you want the figures INCLUDING the people not currently on unemployment benefits, is that it?
You claim these are much higher, is that it?
Well sure they are, but can you guess what?

IT IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME GODDAMN CURVE OVERALL!

Holy %^$&! Who would have thought of that?!

*resists an urge to facepalm with the keyboard*

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Well see now, for that to be a starting premise, you need some facts to make it so.

All leaders, even U.S. Presidents have far less impact on the economy than most common people realize.
I'm just basing this on the feeling I get from his various policies and attitude. I'm certainly no expert in this lol, but he doesn't give me a good feeling.

Then we look at some quotes from Krzanich

You cant help it wonder what this Editorial is aiming at.
Interesting, IMO, that you point this out simply because nothing has been done yet with regards to tax policy.

OK, so you want the figures INCLUDING the people not currently on unemployment benefits, is that it?
You claim these are much higher, is that it?
Well sure they are, but can you guess what?

IT IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME GODDAMN CURVE OVERALL!

Holy %^$&! Who would have thought of that?!

*resists an urge to facepalm with the keyboard*
If someone showed you this game graph twice, but one with twice the national deficit and the other cutting it in half which would people pick that highlights just how broken this narrow sighted graph analysis is because you need to take into account the full picture which includes people on unemployment that are cast aside and forgotten.

Interesting, IMO, that you point this out simply because nothing has been done yet with regards to tax policy.

I pointed it out because its a quote that contradicts his assertion before he expresses his opinion on the piece. He also doesn't point out that Intel is one of the companies that took part in contributing ideas to business, tax & trade.

Afraid to think what Editorials we will see if any of the others announce something. Isn't the new iPhone coming out ? Oh, oh...

He is try'n to link the two together in a suitable way that fits his partisan thought and that's the issues. Would have been fine if he stuck to Intel and got some things wrong while leaving the politics out.

2/3rds in he starts noting his personal opinion

TPU said:
Now personally, I find it to be extremely disconcerting that President Trump's administration has the most clearly-defined trend of donations having bought top spots in the Trump administration, in what can be called influence peddling, even avoiding such boresome proceedings as ethic reviews for conflicts of interest.

^This is political partisan sillyness because all presidents do it.

Politico said:
Overall, 184 of 556, or about one-third of Obama bundlers or their spouses joined the administration in some role. But the percentages are much higher for the big-dollar bundlers. Nearly 80 percent of those who collected more than $500,000 for Obama took “key administration posts,” as defined by the White House. More than half the 24 ambassador nominees who were bundlers raised $500,000.

The big bundlers had broad access to the White House for meetings with top administration officials and glitzy social events. In all, campaign bundlers and their family members account for more than 3,000 White House meetings and visits. Half of them raised $200,000 or more.

Some Obama bundlers have ties to companies that stand to gain financially from the president’s policy agenda, particularly in clean energy and telecommunications, and some already have done so. Level 3 Communications, for instance, snared $13.8 million in stimulus money.

The Obama administration has tightened restrictions on hiring lobbyists, but the deference shown major donors contradicts its claims to have changed business as usual in Washington.

Going on a partisan political write up is odd for a techsite which doesn't do in-depth news coverage to begin with (a side from hardware reviews).

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Memory 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6700XT Gaming OC (2.80Ghz core / 2.15Ghz mem)
Storage Corsair MP510 NVMe 960GB; Samsung 850 Evo 250GB; Samsung 860 Evo 500GB;
Display(s) Dell S2721DGFA; Iiyama ProLite B2783QSU;
Case Cooler Master Elite 361
Power Supply Cooler Master G750M
If someone showed you this game graph twice, but one with twice the national deficit and the other cutting it in half which would people pick that highlights just how broken this narrow sighted graph analysis is because you need to take into account the full picture which includes people on unemployment that are cast aside and forgotten.
I really hope you ain't actually American, cause you don't seem able to handle your own language very well.

Anyway, recap:

Someone said that the Obama administration ruined the job market.
When countered with the fact that unemployment was steadily declining throughout Obama's term, they said it isn't the full picture, because it doesn't include those who are no longer on benefits after their first six months.
When countered with the fact that these figures have declined in basically the same rate, you now try to say... what? That the unemployment rate doesn't take the national deficit in the picture?

Dude, your country's deficit has been steadily increasing ever since the 80s (it might help you to try and understand why), but that bears NO DIRECT RELATION to the unemployment rate, or the job market.
Do you know why there are no numbers about the "cast aside and forgotten" people? Because they don't exist in anywhere, but the speeches of populist dickheads!
It's 2017, not 1917. There is explicit data about every single American citizen, legal or illegal. Enough of this nonsense!

Why even make a political themed article. Lets see. in 2011, Obama visited intel. Intel announces new 5b $ fab 42 site. 2014, cancles building due to pc down turn and other economic reasons. So Obama's economics halted work on building the site. Original disclosure used the former us president to announce the FAB42 project. No president mentioned at halt; just the bad economy Obama's term created. Thenrolls in Trump, Intel again uses the president's free press to announce the restart of the project. what we get here is Intel is so smart but getting free airtime to announce new product fab for future chips. The nut shell: wining economy. The future awaits. Wonder what Trump tax would be imposed on chips made outside the US? now that is a good question.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
2/3rds in he starts noting his personal opinion

^This is political partisan sillyness because all presidents do it.

There seems to be a lot of this from Trump .... supporters. "So-and-so did it! It's just the same thing!" Bur for some reason, they all seem to be forgetting his promises to "drain the swamp". It is just more of the same thing from him, from someone who promised not to be the "same thing". And as for it being the same thing, whil;e many of the things he's doing I disagree with, it wouldn't be such a big deal to me if there weren't so many companies obviously currying profits.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Why even make a political themed article. Lets see. in 2011, Obama visited intel. Intel announces new 5b $ fab 42 site. 2014, cancles building due to pc down turn and other economic reasons. So Obama's economics halted work on building the site. Original disclosure used the former us president to announce the FAB42 project. No president mentioned at halt; just the bad economy Obama's term created. Thenrolls in Trump, Intel again uses the president's free press to announce the restart of the project. what we get here is Intel is so smart but getting free airtime to announce new product fab for future chips. The nut shell: wining economy. The future awaits. Wonder what Trump tax would be imposed on chips made outside the US? now that is a good question.

Yes, and then in 2015 and 2016, Trump promised to "drain the swamp", and stop doing the "same old thing". And yet, here we are. Watching him fill the swamp with his flavor of swamp gas, and doing the same. old. thing. woohoo.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
I really hope you ain't actually American, cause you don't seem able to handle your own language very well.

Anyway, recap:

When countered with the fact that unemployment was steadily declining throughout Obama's term, they said it isn't the full picture, because it doesn't include those who are no longer on benefits after their first six months.
When countered with the fact that these figures have declined in basically the same rate, you now try to say... what? That the unemployment rate doesn't take the national deficit in the picture?

Dude, your country's deficit has been steadily increasing ever since the 80s (it might help you to try and understand why), but that bears NO DIRECT RELATION to the unemployment rate, or the job market.
Do you know why there are no numbers about the "cast aside and forgotten" people? Because they don't exist in anywhere, but the speeches of populist dickheads!
It's 2017, not 1917. There is explicit data about every single American citizen, legal or illegal. Enough of this nonsense!
Just so you know the unemployment rate isn't that important. Its the Labor Force Participation Rate. This is the estimate of how many people are actually working.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Since 2005 its been in a constant decline. If Trump can get this to up tick in 4 years I would say that's a win. If not well........

Also I would like to note that Regan had the most people working in the past 40 years. Not Clinton, Obama or Bush. But, that's to assume the President directs the economy. What I find sad is so many people are not working. In 1948 you had about 60 million people working. That's 60 million out of 146 million. Today you have 62.9 million people working out of 326 million. That means a HUGE percentage of the US doesn't have a full time job. This isn't 1948 either. Both Parents are working in todays society. 1948 it was mostly male. This means most people are out of work and are living off of the small percentage of people working 40+ hours.

You wonder why "Make America Great Again" rings in so many peoples ears? This is why.

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
Also I would like to note that Regan had the most people working in the past 40 years. Not Clinton, Obama or Bush. But, that's to assume the President directs the economy. What I find sad is so many people are not working. In 1948 you had about 60 million people working. That's 60 million out of 146 million. Today you have 62.9 million people working out of 326 million. That means a HUGE percentage of the US doesn't have a full time job. This isn't 1948 either. Both Parents are working in todays society. 1948 it was mostly male. This means most people are out of work and are living off of the small percentage of people working 40+ hours.

A better indication of what's happening with participation rate.

"According to the November jobs report, the labor force participation rate ticked down to 62.7% from 62.8% in October.
"

So while the total number may be dramatically smaller, the actual best percentage of workers was around the '98-'02 era. While absolutely painful, especially during the recession, it's been stabilizing the last 3-ish years...Reagan may have have the most bodies, but for the percent of useful bodies actually working, he's not quite up there.

labor.png labor2.gif

https://qz.com/286213/the-chart-obama-haters-love-most-and-the-truth-behind-it/

A really good article (slightly aged: Nov 2014), with tons of pretty graphs for the less vocabulary proficient. Basically, while that chart does show a dramatic decrease in overall participation, it completely discounts both the large number of students 16-24 not working while in school, and the dramatic increase of baby-boomers booming out of the workforce at 55 and over (more than 50 million 2 years ago, with more than 37 mill at over 65).
Also, "Now, even if the US economy continues improving—as most expect—it doesn’t mean that labor-force participation will rebound. Rather, it’s likely to keep declining for at least the next 10 years, as the baby-boomers continue to age out of the workforce. (CBO estimates that labor force participation will be at 60.8% in 2024.)"

TheMailMan78

Big Member
A better indication of what's happening with participation rate.

"According to the November jobs report, the labor force participation rate ticked down to 62.7% from 62.8% in October.
"

So while the total number may be dramatically smaller, the actual best percentage of workers was around the '98-'02 era. While absolutely painful, especially during the recession, it's been stabilizing the last 3-ish years...Reagan may have have the most bodies, but for the percent of useful bodies actually working, he's not quite up there.

View attachment 84053 View attachment 84054

https://qz.com/286213/the-chart-obama-haters-love-most-and-the-truth-behind-it/

A really good article (slightly aged: Nov 2014), with tons of pretty graphs for the less vocabulary proficient. Basically, while that chart does show a dramatic decrease in overall participation, it completely discounts both the large number of students 16-24 not working while in school, and the dramatic increase of baby-boomers booming out of the workforce at 55 and over (more than 50 million 2 years ago, with more than 37 mill at over 65).
Also, "Now, even if the US economy continues improving—as most expect—it doesn’t mean that labor-force participation will rebound. Rather, it’s likely to keep declining for at least the next 10 years, as the baby-boomers continue to age out of the workforce. (CBO estimates that labor force participation will be at 60.8% in 2024.)"
That's assuming the retirement rate stays the same. Which it hasn't. Sorry but, its kinda hard to spin this in Obamas favor. I know a lot of people try but, Obama was no Regan. Less people are working now than they were 30 years ago. Even less since 8 years ago. If Trump starts to bring it up then we will see if Reganomics work. Clintons, Bushes and Obamas infulances (if any) sucked. All three were really, REALLY bad presidents.

System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
That's assuming the retirement rate stays the same. Which it hasn't. Sorry but, its kinda hard to spin this in Obamas favor. I know a lot of people try but, Obama was no Regan. Less people are working now than they were 30 years ago. Even less since 8 years ago. If Trump starts to bring it up then we will see if Reganomics work. Clintons, Bushes and Obamas infulances (if any) sucked. All three were really, REALLY bad presidents.

A lot of jobs have been reduced to part-time positions, resulting in a number of people working two or even three jobs.
What you need to look at is work hours divided by population, not full time jobs...and you'll have to include percentages of people under education, over 50 (tends to stay unemployed) and people on early retirement (government employees, self-employed or just blessed with a good pension)
The math suddenly became a little less obvious, didn't it? :)

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score

Anyway, recap:

This speaks for itself, you don't live here AND your English skills are rudimentary and broken equally as much as your political arguments are; so with that said I will attempt to do you a favor and suggest you stick to your country and your language, because you don't know shit about ours and are making yourself out as a completely arrogant, know it all ass.

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
It was. I think his point is more that you and others here need to deal with it and take a serious chill pill. This is politics, are you new to them or something?

NO! That's exactly the point you putz, this is TPU NOT politics I was practically born political so your "new" snide comment is not only wrong but totally irrelevant...No chill needed, we are pointing out blatant hypocrisy and double standards and simply won't take this crap any longer. Nor will the country at large that's why we are here talking about President Trump....HOWEVER our point early on in this whole article is how TPU is going blatantly political in multiple stories including this one after 8 years of not a boo mentioned of now thankfully former President Barack Hussein Obama. If this is now a political site just say so, if not, we shouldn't have polls and stories specifically giving opinions on the current president.